• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 AFC Wimbledon

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Has the Pig, the hero of Wembley sealed the end of Chris Powell as Southend Manager?

Got to go in my opinion!

I so wished Chris would do well for us, after today, maybe he isn't up to it..Wimbledon are fighting for their lives, we seem to be clueless in every area.

I don't think RM will stand for this much longer.

Powell out!

There, I’ve said it! He must go now or we are down.

Knew we’d lose when I saw the line up, knew the Pig would get the winner too!

Absolute pile of ****- we are now in a worse situation than under PB !

Last edited:
1 spot above... Rochdale game in hand.... out only only goal difference.

Do it Ron.

I have backed CP up until just before the start of this game. I saw the line up and couldn't believe it. Turner instead of Moore? Yearwood still left out with the midfielders playing rubbish and needing a break? Playing one up front at home against the bottom club? Trying to catch them on the break at home? Sorry Chris, your time is up.

Just above 4th from bottom on goal diff, got to get rid CP as he just keeps making the same mistakes. The man shows no passion or tactical savvy so bye bye, you was a great player but a gash manager. Give Maher the job for now !

Who'd be a football manager? We played well today. Set up well. Then a catastrophic error from two senior players and he might be out of his job

Who'd be a football manager? We played well today. Set up well. Then a catastrophic error from two senior players and he might be out of his job

I could defend your comment if we had scored a goal or two, but alas we haven't. We were at home to the bottom team in the league,

You’re the only person who thinks that. Everything I’ve heard and read says otherwise.

Are you Chris Powell?

We actually looked alright in the second half prior to the goal, but as soon as they scored our heads dropped, as has happened almost every time we've conceded this season. The players don't have the confidence to believe they can get back into matches and effectively give up as soon as they go a goal behind. Without that belief we're not going to stay up.

We played well!! Exactly how many saves did their keeper make?

Even without the mistake it would have finished 0-0; would you have been happy with that?

Players at league one level will make mistakes. The problem against Blackpool/Scunthorpe/Wimbledon and others is that we’ve not responded positively after those mistakes, and not in general created enough to gain results. After today’s result I expect Powell to be gone, sadly. He’s completely lost the squad and has to take ultimate responsibility. He’s also regressed to a tactic of players in unnatural positions which I don’t think it’s the best way to build confidence.

Sad and very worrying times

By completely ignoring Norman Wabo and having Cox on his own up front CP has probably lost his job.

But it’s the whole season and not just this game.
If we hadn’t Conceded in the Ninety seventh minute against Blackpool things may have been different but we did. I know he’s been unlucky but it can’t all be down to bad luck.
Scunthorpe was the final nail for me.
I don’t wish him ill but I want Southend to stay in this division.

Back