• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Gutted.

Thoughts and ratings here please.

Feel sick, but extremely proud of the teams efforts. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't think this is a time to be criticising the manger and/or players.

I don't really feel like anyone can criticise our manager or players after that performance. Phil picked the strongest team he had available due to injuries and suspensions and the players gave their all. I personally can't ask any more than that.

Just unlucky tonight and no real shame in losing at the death to a side which will be automatically promoted.

Feel sick, but extremely proud of the teams efforts. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't think this is a time to be criticising the manger and/or players.

Totally agree. We were missing 3 massive players tonight yet stil competed throughout. We all now need to get behind the team on Saturday. Up the Blues!!!

To put things into perspective, we played without our best centre back and centre midfielder, with a midfielder in at left back and a right back at centre half. Even so, we played them off the park for most of the second half. We were desperately unlucky to come away from that with nothing.

No one in that team deserves any criticism after that. The effort was phenominal and we played some really good stuff. Theo Robinson was outstanding.

In the cold light of day, we will recognise that as a cracking game of football between two very, very good teams.

Need to think clearly as im frazzled , but initial thoughts.
First half we were average
Second half much better
How Ranger didn't get a pen I will never know
Keeper excellent and I also thought Timlin played well
Wordsworth plenty of effort for the doubters.
Ranger has played better
McLaughlin very quiet
Demitriou very poor
that is all for now
gutted

Whatever happened to the clean sheet mentality? We went 424 tonight, properly went for it and just came up short. Boys gave their all though

We were excellent across the pitch. The fact we are gutted to loose against the second best team in the league, and that we deserved to win says everything. My mom timlin, but loads of contenders.only negative to be Annoyed with mcglasen giving away unnecessary free kick that resulted in he corner they scored from but there were lots of positves in the game and I am proud to be a Sufc fan

Sick as a pig. We didn't deserve to lose that. Can't remember the last time I felt so gutted at a loss. Coped with Parky's One dimensional tactics of pump the ball into the box for the big lads admirably.

Should have had a penalty in the dying seconds and Woody told the ref as much at the final whistle

White did a sterling job at CB as did Thommo. Timlin gave the ball away too much for my liking and disappointed with McGlashan for giving away a needless free kick that led to a corner and their goal. Walton again played really well, a few great saves, including a super dive to the left and scoop away that Timlin did his best to put into his own net.

Special mention to Inniss, not keen on the lad as a footballer but I hope he isn't badly injured, rib injury I think

If we play like that on Saturday we will murder Charlton

Didn't like the 4-2-3-1 formation tonight,Cox was too deep and Ranger a bit isolated.Don't tell me that was 4-4-2 cos it never was.:'(

If that is the 2nd best team in lge 1 then we have nothing to fear, we outplayed them for much of the game. Typical Parkinson direct style playing for set pieces, they just got lucky!

Always going to score from a set piece, long ball merchants! They'll come straight back down again as they won't get away with that in the championship. (Unless they strengthen big time). Sure PB told them before the game and at half time to not give away cheap free kicks. McGlashan will be disappointed in that tackle... just had to hold his man up.

First things first.

The TBV (W & X tonight) were superb! :thumbsup:

Place was rocking!

Gutted. That is all. Tight game, a point was a fair result for both sides. Hope the players can bounce back on Sat.

Average first half, much better in the second. Didn't deserve to lose.

robinson was poor first half, better second but no real impact like Saturday.

Goalie is brilliant, hope he hangs about for a bit!

Ranger is immense. He is by far one of the best strikers I've seen at Southend. He wore down towards the end, but he is one hell of a player who is putting his all in for this club and we're lucky to have him!

Word on the keeper Walton, he was excellent again tonight! Same age as Ted, but just seems to ooze confidence and again good comms with the back 4. Made a couple of great saves.. and almost scored at the end too ! If we can find a way to keep him for the rest of the season it would massive plus point

Ranger was brought down in the box and the referee dosent give it. How?

I have the utmost disrespect and loathing for Parkinson. A provocative, mouthy, slimey piece of work.

I am gutted, players need to take the positives from the performance though and take out their frustrations on Charlton on Saturday...

What's the pen at the end people have mentioned? I saw Wordsworth complaining?

feel physically sick after tonight, let's hammer Charlton and get back onto our promotion charge

Back