• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 Boreham Wood

We actually didn't lose the ball in midfield, we were hit with two consecutive fouls which the officials totally missed or ignored. Brunt then picked up the loose ball and found space behind Clifford who was out of position and switched off. I like Cliffy, but he's not performing at the moment for some reason.
I disagree slightly Phil. After a really promising start as a youngster where his dead ball delivery for excellent I think he has been off the pace ever since and think if we get the CB position sorted he only merits being a squad player unless he can rediscover some of that form. I reckon he stands more chance in a 4 but even then I’m not convinced.

I disagree slightly Phil. After a really promising start as a youngster where his dead ball delivery for excellent I think he has been off the pace ever since and think if we get the CB position sorted he only merits being a squad player unless he can rediscover some of that form. I reckon he stands more chance in a 4 but even then I’m not convinced.
He's not been as good as he was since that injury....

I think we've now figured out this seasons scapegoat will be Cliffy, well done shrimpermoan for getting business done early this season!!!
Should people not comment at all then when players have a poor game? I think there’s a line, it was well and truly crossed with say, Acquah for example, when it got a bit personal. But I can’t see too much digging out of Clifford ..who I’m sure is a nice lad .. that crosses that line.

Scorers:
Southend United: none
Boreham Wood: Danny Newton ‘28
Yellow Cards:
Boreham Wood: Lee Ndlovu ’34, Danny Newton ’45, Lee Ndlovu ‘72
Red Cards:
Boreham Wood: Lee Ndlovum ’72, Dion Kelly-Edwards ‘89
Attendance: 5,681 (201 Away)

Thanks but I was thinking more possession and shots on and off target etc.

Lets move on. Oh bugger, next match away at one of the promotion favourites who scored 4 goals away! Busy afternoon for Stevie coming up.

Should people not comment at all then when players have a poor game? I think there’s a line, it was well and truly crossed with say, Acquah for example, when it got a bit personal. But I can’t see too much digging out of Clifford ..who I’m sure is a nice lad .. that crosses that line.
Totally agree. Perfectly OK to point out a bad performance but it should never get personal. Sometimes a player may be playing with a knock or have a personal issue, we are all human end of the day. He's a very good player but not at the races currently for whatever reason we don't know. Hopefully it's just a bad day ....

Football needs to introduce the stopped clock.

Would be one of the worst Americanisms to ever to spoil the beautiful game.

Time wasting has never been just about the actual time. As we all saw yesterday it’s more about stopping momentum.

With the clock stopped the game would last even longer as teams would drag out every throw or kick and especially contact .

Anyone who goes down off the ball should have an automatic 3-5 minute break before they come back on. After all they might have hurt themselves and need time to recover etc.

More simple options would be things like no subs after 85 minutes. Indirect free kick from 6yds for time wasting on a goal kick would be far more entertaining than a pointless yellow for the keeper in the 92nd minute.

We will get better, but we are work in progress so we will need patience. Disappointed but not down hearted is what I feel at the moment. As a final comment, Mrs RHB washed and wiped our seats thoroughly as she is want to do at the start of the season. The trouble was that they are shiny plastic and don't air dry. Therefore I had a wet arse for most of the first half. It's a tough old life at times.

It's when you have a wet arse and can't work out why that you really need to worry !

A few more observations from me without trying to sound too negative.

The people saying Hyde going off changed our game.....it didn't I dont think Hyde won a header and is not a target man.

Bridge and Mooney didn't 'fancy it' against their brutality ...and I can't blame them.

Clifford was at fault for their goal...they targeted him. Not trying to find a boo boy but the lad can't defend. Ok , and only ok going forward now his free kicks are below par. Nice haircut, but the Daggers away game last season in the cup proved to me he can't defend, defended the wrong post from a corner they nearly scored from, despite me shouting at him from behind the goal to mark the correct post. He ball watches, and loses concentration. Didn't get tight enough to their right back enabling the cross to come in.
Sorry but needs replacing, the worrying thing for me is that Stan rates him and said so at the first meeting.

Lastly before the rant over is the one thing we need is the one thing that costs the most money in football, and Ron won't/can't / never has re-invested when players are sold.

Back