• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
What an absolute load of toilet.....Worst game I have seen us play in years.

Southend United 0, Bradford City 1

SOUTHEND United slumped to a disappointing 1-0 defeat to struggling Bradford City tonight as the Bantams finally ended their Roots Hall hoodoo.

More...

Just read that that was Bradfords first away win of the season. Shocking effort by most players.

Daniels 6
Clohessy 5
Gilbert 4.5
Phillips 5.5
Prosser 6
Ferdinand 4
Timlin 5.5
Leonard 4
Hall 5
Dicko 7
Harris 4 (official motm)

Subs
Grant 7.5
Sawyer 7

Strange game. We didn't get going until the subs came on and then were caught chasing the win. Sturrock should have made the changes at half time, hell no he should have started with that 11. Teams are just marking hall out of the game and letting the other wide player have the ball to do nothing with. When sawyer came on they could no longer do that. And Ferdinand again let the match pass him by, grant stamped his authority on it straight away.

That was the biggest load of **** i have ever F****** seen. Absolute crap. we were dominated, we didnt care and the main worry is that we couldnt even pass the ball. How can we go from a 17 match unbeaten run to playing like a sunday league team. I dont care if Barker was injured or Mohsni is being a t*** you should be playing for the Badge and the fans but they werent bothered. Shocking. Apologies for my moan i just felt i needed to say. Merry Christmas!

When the opposition have a centre back about 6'8" tall why keep playing the ball to the heads of our front two ? We don't seem able to play the ball on the ground.

Utter tripe.

pathetic useless clueless

hopeless, hoofing,annoying, frustrating muppets.
Was soooo close to leaving at half time. But I thought no we cant play that bad second half. But we did. All those who want to get rid of Moshni , hang your heads in shame. They were (trying not to swear) useless and we were worse. WE WILL NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAY OFFS, i sweaer thats true. Sturrock ! you played international football. it must hurt you to see such complete rubbish as that, but you have to sort it out. Gilbert gets the ball a full 20 yards from any player has sooo much time to bring it down then hoofs it on the volley to god knows where and it was like that all game from every player...
I will be honest . I was actually glad they scored . I was so ahhh annoyed I wanted our lot to feel how I felt.
Sorry have to calm down. They have not won a game away all season and you could see why. And yet we were so bad that they outplayed us. And they were really bad.

One good thing . I left as soon as they scored and the chippy was empty. Thats it all night , thats the one good thing.

complete waste of my friday evening,truly toothless display, second too everyball and when we did get it the HOOF came into play and gave it straight back. up the other end just cant see us scoring goals at the moment, harris just isnt doing it all though in his defence our style of play clearly doesnt help. now my biggest grudge of the night .....G I L B E R T he has got to be one of the worse LB's in this division all he has in his locker is hoofball.
oh well onwards and upwards i guess
utb

hopeless, hoofing,annoying, frustrating muppets.
Was soooo close to leaving at half time. But I thought no we cant play that bad second half. But we did. All those who want to get rid of Moshni , hang your heads in shame. They were (trying not to swear) useless and we were worse. WE WILL NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAY OFFS, i sweaer thats true. Sturrock ! you played international football. it must hurt you to see such complete rubbish as that, but you have to sort it out. Gilbert gets the ball a full 20 yards from any player has sooo much time to bring it down then hoofs it on the volley to god knows where and it was like that all game from every player...
I will be honest . I was actually glad they scored . I was so ahhh annoyed I wanted our lot to feel how I felt.
Sorry have to calm down. They have not won a game away all season and you could see why. And yet we were so bad that they outplayed us. And they were really bad.

One good thing . I left as soon as they scored and the chippy was empty. Thats it all night , thats the one good thing.

I couldn't make it tonight but I struggle to identify with that statement. As a Southend fan I never want any team to score against us and find it hard to believe how anyone could think differently.

If only others had Mohsni's desire to win

I am sorry, but how anyone in that side tonight can accuse Mohsni of letting the team down after that performance. That was an utter shambles. At home to a struggling team that we should have easily beaten. Mohsni wants to win every game he plays and yes sometimes he crosses the line, but if only one or 2 others had this desire to win , I really dont believe we would have had to sit through 90 minutes of that. Mark Phillips was the only player tonight that I saw any enthusiasm from and wanted to win (Even though he was injured he still battled on). What has changed in the last few weeks from the team that was "unbeatable"???

Absolute dog ****, worst performance I have seen in years!

If Sturrock keeps playing the longball game then I'm going to start staying at home for a while I think and spend my ticket money on my family, you see better football and passing (on the floor) watching Rayleigh Boys to be honest.

I'm gutted and how Gilbert still plays I'll never know!

Can only echo what Cricko has said, one of the worst displays for a long long time. Cant recall their keeper doing anything until late on.
Firstly though credit to Bradford they played some lovely football in stark contrast to what can only be described as primitive rubbish from us. Reid and Fagan tormented our full backs and Hanson held the ball up well and linked the play nicely. If theyd had a more clinical striker theyd be pushing for the top 10 easily. The two centre backs were strong and committed and didnt give Harris or Dicko a sniff all game.

Cant really put into words how bad we were. Whether it was tiredness I dont know. The front two- Ive seen more movement at an over 80s disco. Clearly need a striker or two in January badly need some pace, Harris really did not deserve the captains armband based on that performance.
Endless punts up field, the midfield were bullied. Hall was anonymous yet still was our only hope of getting a goal. Timlin can hold his head up high he was our best player by far, Kane Id take that £500k right now from West Ham. Leonard did ok but it was such a negative looking midfield, all backwards or sideways passes and then a hoof up top.
Gilbert was terrible, Prosser did ok and Phillips also but the defending for their goal was very poor. Schoolboy.

No surprise that our only decent spell came when Grant and Sawyer came on, Lee must get a run in the team. Him and Grant did well, and tried to play the ball on the deck.

I hope the 10 day break does the players good. We havent become a bad side overnight but even when we've been playing well certain players- Harris notably- have not been pulling their weight.

Having missed our recent good form due to uni commitments, I returned tonight for the first time in 3 months...

Daniels 5

Clohessy 4
Gilbert 3
Phillips 4
Prosser 4
Ferdinand 3
Timlin 3
Leonard 3
Hall 3
Dicko 5
Harris 3 - MOTM somehow

Subs
Grant 6
Sawyer 5

Midfield were non existant in the first half. Defending for their goal looked comical.
That was the worst home performance I've seen for a long time.

No defence for that performance but I don't think it's time to panic yet, a rest will do us good, both mentally and physically, if we play in a couple of games like that, then is the time to worry.

I couldn't make it tonight but I struggle to identify with that statement. As a Southend fan I never want any team to score against us and find it hard to believe how anyone could think differently.

I would normally feel exactly the same. But tonight was different we were absolute Dog **** and i wanted us to lose as there was no way on earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter that we deserved to get a point let and a 0-1. Will always support and love my club but the players didnt show any love to us tonight.

Back