• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 Mansfield

Unfortunately for us, the issue isn’t finding these players, it’s getting them to sign for us.

Calvin Andrew was the original player identified for this role, but he wouldn’t even entertain the idea of joining us.

Not being funny, he might have done a job for us, but he’s hardly set the world alight, and I believe he’s still without a club..... something he deemed as a better option than joining our madcap bandwagon.

Tells you all you need to know, really.
Calvin andrew is dog s.....t!!!

Team outfought and manager outthought.

Always worries me when a manager persists with players that are blatantly not good enough, Acquah and R Taylor.....Could try other things like Dieng up front, RHF up front....anything rather than these two error prone, minimal involvement type of players.
Then you get a set up of hoof ball like we have been morphing into just lately and it all starts to look a lot more worrying having a bloke in charge that works off stats and diagrams....bit like Chris Witty, and you know where he takes us!

I would rather Richard Taylor up front than halford.
I said on the halford re-she guns thread that I didn’t understand what he brings, yesterday just reinforced that opinion. Forgot about the pathetic tackle, I thought he was poor the test of the game as well.
I totally get it that Molesley knows far better than me, and IGet it that i watch a game as a fan and I don’t have the skill to pick up points others do- so someone please educate me- what did he do yesterday to justify being picked again (in any position).

Sounds like a Bollywood gangster.

Improving Bradford get a point at Cambridge, we are back to dogs do do mode. Looks like 3rd successive Tuesday defeat.

Sure. But when players of his calibre decide that, not playing football at all is a better prospect than playing football for us... well, it’s quite telling.
I think it shows how far this club has fallen. Let's not sugar coat it, potential new players are gonna know sufc have got history of not paying players on time and constant winding up orders! The league position doesn't help either.

Reactions: GBJ
when does a change at the top option expire ... ?

when is it too late to get an Allardyce type fixer or someone else in ?

are we so comitted to this management team that we stick with them until its too late ?

I don't think our squad is that poor any more ...

3 points on Tuesday will might settle my nerves but I am seriously seriously worried ..

non league football really does not interest me

are we so comitted to this management team that we stick with them until its too late ?

3 points on Tuesday will might settle my nerves but I am seriously seriously worried ..

December.

MM isnt going anywhere. We can still pull off the great escape. There have been 20 minute spells here and there when we looked like league leaders going forward.

I cant recall a game where we have been good both halves. Thats weird. Too much tinkering and too many injuries i guess.

I believe, as I said earlier, the team were outfought. Mansfield have a hard grafting ethic, are well organised and have the confidence one gets on the crest of a wave. If you don't put the trenches in the right places you will be overrun by the enemy. This is why I also said MM was outthought. I think he is the right man for the job but is still learning.

We have the right players and the right manager. When the two align we will profit. Cambridge and Mansfield were two tough, battle ready sides and we came up wanting. A lot more teams will be easier to crack. I think we will survive this season and from there we will see continued progress.

Im prepared to give the management team a chance. He not helped with injury prone squad who cant hack the quick turn over of games! 2/3 signing are needed. If MM gets the signings he wants then he should be judged from their.

Hope you never sing Southend til I die then

Neil Harris is out of work and he is local
And what makes you think he would do anything differently? He criticised Neil Warnock’s style when taking over at Cardiff, so clearly isn’t going to play the ‘experienced manager’ 4-4-2 hoofball tactics that the anti-MM brigade are desperate for and think is the answer to all of our problems.

Apart from that he’s just been sacked on the back of six defeats in a row at Cardiff. He has no experience of saving a club from relegation. He Would be too expensive. And he wouldn’t want to come here anyway.

I must have missed that one, fell asleep perhaps

I hope not, Fisher's last gasp goal changed our season. A victory against one of the better teams in the division who we had outplayed would have set us up well and given our morale the boost it needed at a vital time.

Back