• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 0-1 Wimbledon

I was at the game today and I’m fully behind the selection of turner but after today he was way off the pace, his fault for the goal and even gave up on another two occasions when trying to track back because of his lack of pace he tried blocking the player with his body and got skinned alive, bad miss by the Mac but still think we are to good to go down and our luck will and should change very soon.

On Macca's chance, Sibbick did really well for them to make him snatch at the opportunity.

As for their goal, it looks even worse on the highlights.

Fair play to Piggott that..... he wasn't treated particularly well by some sections of the crowd at times when he was here. Got a decent reception when he went off.

But, when you look at those "highlights", it just shows what a dreadful game that was. Their keeper made one save.... ours one (and he spilled that).

I got the impression that Oxley called for the ball then hesitated.

Btw did Kightly even break sweat.

I got the impression that Oxley called for the ball then hesitated.

Btw did Kightly even break sweat.
It’s hard to come on and make a impact right away but his been well off his game this season, it’s hard to find excuses for a lot of players.

Turner really should be taking control of that situation, first job of a defender is to clear your lines

Two things.

Turner has got to take charge there as an outfield player in windy conditions and just clear the stand.

I feel that if Bishop was in goal the ball, turner and pigot would’ve been in the stand...

Shocking.

Meanwhile Turner desperately looks around for his Zimmer frame while John White and Taylor Moore sit twiddling their thumbs on the bench.

It was maccas second touch, way too heavy. Nothing to do with good defending or keeping. Just poor ball control

It wasn’t his touch it was the way he ran around the ball in order to try and open his body up to shoot far corner with his left foot....he took too long to do it....a player in form or full of confidence does the same thing in less space and quicker....

That said imo it was far from being a “must score” type chance....there was still a good amount of work to do....

On Macca's chance, Sibbick did really well for them to make him snatch at the opportunity.

As for their goal, it looks even worse on the highlights.

McLaughlin has to get the ball on his left foot and that split second loses it - the downside of a left footed right winger .

It was maccas second touch, way too heavy. Nothing to do with good defending or keeping. Just poor ball control

I think that's harsh on Sibbick who got across quickly and slid to try to put Macca off, which he did successfully.

Professional footballers should be able to use both feet. Of course they will have a dominant foot, but you would think that in the hours and hours of training, strikers would dedicate some time to having shots with their weaker foot. Like LBBlue said....fine margins can make all the difference.

Can we stop blaming Macca for missing one decent chance and ask why the hell we didn't create more?!!!

Wing backs was clearly not working - Demi was anonymous so we should have reverted to a flat back 4 and taken Turner off at half time.

I thought at the time that Turner should have reacted quicker and just whack it clear. The video footage just confirms it. Did Turner think Oxley was coming for it, was there a call? I do wonder whether Bishop would have been out of his box quicker and made the clearance. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter as none the things I wanted to happen did.

Can we stop blaming Macca for missing one decent chance and ask why the hell we didn't create more?!!!

Wing backs was clearly not working - Demi was anonymous so we should have reverted to a flat back 4 and taken Turner off at half time.

We should never have started with that formation. You know CP has lost it when we have 5 defenders on the pitch and then TWO more on the bench - that just shows the guys mindset.

Back