• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Carlisle united

Akinola scores the penalty and it's a very different game.

Akinola couldn't be arsed to even take the penalty properly. I hope he never wears a Southend shirt again

Only two players emerged with any credit today - Ashley Nathaniel-George and Tom Clifford, with ANG MOTM by a very clear margin..

I don't understand why the manager keeps sticking with the same formula - we actually looked threatening last week when Elvis came on and was running at the forwards because Elvis is one of those characters who will always give his all. Putting on a RB for a RB in a must win match that we were losing, was simply baffling.

Why does Molesley persist in dragging every player back all the time? It's just counter productive!

Why on earth did we all bother with those motivational messages because most of those players looked as if they don't give a rat's arse?

Matt Rush simply must be included from now on, here's a player in form and scoring for fun, which is something we don't look like doing if we played as we are till the end of the season.

Akinola's penalty was dreadful - I could have done better! Why he took it above Demetriou (who is - as far as we know - our designated penalty taker) and ANG who took and scored our most recent I am looking forward to hearing.

Absolutely furious with that performance today - you might expect that if we've nothing to play for but we're fighting for our lives.

Shocking.

Unforgivable.

No passion, heart or fight.
No winning game plan.
No attacking intent.
No togetherness.
No quality.
Ill-discipline.
Players arguing over who takes a penalty.
Players not knowing who should be taking the corner.
Aimless long balls forward to ****ing Ricky Holmes.
Carlisle defenders sweeping up all of our clearances without pressure or challenge.
Absolute pure, unadulterated dog ****.

I'm.usually positive and get behind things like the messages to the players through the Trust, and I get that it was worth a go, but I didn't do it because I knew in the back of my mind that this would happen today.

If the messages got through to them then they've been well and truly thrown back in everybody's face, with a middle finger thrown in for food measure. They don't give a ****.

Unacceptable.

I'm getting to the point now where I'd rather we just get put of our misery and then sack everybody off. And I mean everybody. The atmosphere and mentality stink to high heaven and there are players here who have been poisoned by what's been going on here for the last few years. We need freshness. Get rid of the lot and start with a completely blank canvas next season.

Get rid of that idiot of a manager now....all week he has had to work on them and he comes up with that!

Going down so may as well put Fagen, John White, OBL, anyone in charge but nice clueless Mark.

Bottom half of Conference beckons if we keep him.....absolutely hopeless and no idea what to try with what he has at his disposal

In the Army there is a trueism that there are 4 types of soldiers.
A. Loves a fight, special forces guy
B. Knows what needs doing and makes sure it is done, sgts and corps.
C. Basic squaddie, does what he is told, rarely volunteers, plods on.
D. Doesn't want to be in anymore, not a team player, pulls everyone down, dangerous to have.

We are devoid of any A.
The B. Is only age hindered Macca.
C. Is the rest.
D. We have some but who are they?

We, in an Army parody are Vichy French, already quitters but blustering rubbish, untrustworthy.

I will not, after 40 years of supporting the club spend another penny to support Ron Martin....the club i love is dead to me whilst that parasite it at the helm......i have had enough; suggest we put some money to good use and start a Phoenix. SOUTHEND FC
i now how you feel mate 2 season tickets in my house £ 500 plus . southend still my club but paying that next season ?????????????? i lot to think about . supporting the blues is one thing but giving chairman ron £ 500 when he keeps telling us how good his management team is and he`s behind the players at the club . and they all want success !!! didn`t see that today . keep smiling .

National League here we come, trouble is I don,t think we are see good enough for that league, see what has happened to York, Goodship, Aquah and Akinola are all not up to standard they have scored five between them, get rid of them all.

Sadly Ron has been blamed, MM has been blamed but I think we are where we are because we have capable players that continually make basic errors. We have been so close to a bundle of more points this season but that nous, that edge, that craft has been missing. These players are collectively taking us down and they don't seem to know it's their fault or that they can affect change.
We also appear to have manager who is incapable of encouraging and firing up his team.
The team grind out that win against Harrogate to get a much needed 3pts, was MM pumped and fired up after the whistle? No, he could barely manage a smile, or a begrudging well played - sorry ? He seems to just like playing the bad shouty sweary cop but in any walk of managerial life you need a balance. Yes the players have to take responsibility also, cannot believe the pen today.
A good man manager could get more from this team, sadly I don't think Ron will/or cares enough now to make that change.
Its all very sad, from a family history, that has supported the club over 60+ years ?

Absolutely gutted to watch that after we had given ourselves a chance after last week's win. If we had played our hearts out and a well struck penalty had been brilliantly saved it would be very disappointing but today was just upsetting to watch - was as if we are mid-table with nothing to win or lose.

Unforgivable.

No passion, heart or fight.
No winning game plan.
No attacking intent.
No togetherness.
No quality.
Ill-discipline.
Players arguing over who takes a penalty.
Players not knowing who should be taking the corner.
Aimless long balls forward to ****ing Ricky Holmes.
Carlisle defenders sweeping up all of our clearances without pressure or challenge.
Absolute pure, unadulterated dog ****.
I don't think that's fair. It wasn't that good!

Back