• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Cheltenham Town

Knew we would loose just by looking at the players of both sides coming out of the tunnel before the start of the match, they looked like men determined to win, we looked like kids coming out for a kick a round,

Body language is everything and ours was poor before we even started.

Reactions: ESG
Something wasn't right today, Elvis was off form, Taylor was well below par, Acquah still not putting in enough effort and changing formation was not the right thing to do.

Yes, Oxley should have done better with the penalty - he'll know that too, but why did we have two players challenging for the same thing which gave their guy the opportunity to fall over?

Sort the studs out as well lads, and let's get Macca and Akinola fit and out there.

Oxley - 6, moved the ball about well, what was with those gloves though, they were different to normal?
Elvis - 5, not a good day at the office for him
Hobson - 7, thought he actually tried really hard
Lennon - 7.5, MOTM, solid, how long can he keep going?
Dieng - 6.5, another who tried, still better in defence than going forward for me
Ralph - 6, think he'll be disappointed as well
Taylor - 6, worst we've seen from him
Demi - 7, kept going, and nearly talked himself into a red
Sterling - 6, seemed a bit like a fish out of water, played better last match when he didn't know anyone
Goodship - 7, ran himself into the ground
Acquah - 6, you can be just a big target man, but you need to work with others

Subs:
Egbri for Taylor - 7, came on and showed a lot more heart than some others
Nathaniel George for Acquah - 6, did he do anything as I didn't notice
Coker for Goodship - 6.5, another who came on and put in a bit of effort

Weak ref today, first time this season I've had a criticism.

Im sure he did video analysis, pored over the stats, worked hard on a new formation to nullify the opposition, tried in training all week to work on plays to stop the opposition.

Cant help but feel youve just played your best game of the season, its league 2, put the same 11 out and try to build...

Luckily I didn't watch the game today, so my optimism here may be because of that.

But trust the process. I've honestly got so much faith that this is going to turn around soon enough. This may have been a step backwards today but these things happen.

We're going to win Tuesday night I'm telling ya now

Something wasn't right today, Elvis was off form, Taylor was well below par, Acquah still not putting in enough effort and changing formation was not the right thing to do.

Yes, Oxley should have done better with the penalty - he'll know that too, but why did we have two players challenging for the same thing which gave their guy the opportunity to fall over?

Sort the studs out as well lads, and let's get Macca and Akinola fit and out there.

Oxley - 6, moved the ball about well, what was with those gloves though, they were different to normal?
Elvis - 5, not a good day at the office for him
Hobson - 7, thought he actually tried really hard
Lennon - 7.5, MOTM, solid, how long can he keep going?
Dieng - 6.5, another who tried, still better in defence than going forward for me
Ralph - 6, think he'll be disappointed as well
Taylor - 6, worst we've seen from him
Demi - 7, kept going, and nearly talked himself into a red
Sterling - 6, seemed a bit like a fish out of water, played better last match when he didn't know anyone
Goodship - 7, ran himself into the ground
Acquah - 6, you can be just a big target man, but you need to work with others

Subs:
Egbri for Taylor - 7, came on and showed a lot more heart than some others
Nathaniel George for Acquah - 6, did he do anything as I didn't notice
Coker for Goodship - 6.5, another who came on and put in a bit of effort

Weak ref today, first time this season I've had a criticism.

To be fair to Elvis, he cannot play the wing back role. He's always needed someone in front of him to provide an option, and cover when he goes forward.

Ah a new scapegoat for you.

Clearly Humphrys, Hutch & Kelman wasn’t enough.

In his defence I thought Elvis was woeful. Offered nothing going forward and continually out if position defensively. Don't know what has happened to him but he is not the same player that we all know and love

Obviously disappointing performance today if the result was a little expected. To me they seemed a better side than Exeter last week, or it could be that we just made them look that way.

Sorry but Acquah is just not aggressive enough for me and needs to use more of his physicality. I remember Kelman last season really putting himself about and upsetting opposition defenders, I guess that’s why he is at QPR now and Emile is still here.

I can see why fans are starting to question MM, but most in here were proclaiming 442 was our downfall, now we lost by changing formation it’s suddenly our saviour. Who know why he changed, perhaps he picked up in something but it simply just didn’t work out for what ever reason.

i still think the bloke deserves more time though:

Oxley

Demi. Lennon. White. Ralf

Egbri. Taylor. Macca. George

Goodship

Akinola

Arguably our strongest 11 ( new lads tbc) but nothing like the teams we have put out to date ..... so let’s see where we are going once we get players back and fit

Switching the game off after 15 minutes was the best decision I’ve made today by the sounds of it

but wouldent u agree certain individuals deserve to be singled out? And the point of this site is to have a opinion on the game and the players.Right now thats incredibly easy to do.

Our problems go way back beyond what we are seeing now - most of the players you single out either didn't play a couple of seasons ago or have now left. No player deserves to be singled out for the blame for our current mess. As a matter of interest when we were all at Roots Hall whereabouts do you sit and are you as vocal at matches as you are on here ?

Reactions: GBJ
In his defence I thought Elvis was woeful. Offered nothing going forward and continually out if position defensively. Don't know what has happened to him but he is not the same player that we all know and love

There’s a clear difference between critiquing a players performance, and scapegoating them though.

Back