• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Ipswich Town

I'd imagine using Laurent and Rigters we can get a chance to see what he's like both up front and on the wing...

Thought Laurent & Sawyer looked great tonight.

The left back looked okay and not over bothered by the Dutch forward.

JFC did a tidy job at the back.

Granty need to calm down, could have got sent off by a fussy ref

Hope Barrett is okay otherwise it leave Herd & Francis in defence....

Ipswich Tonight

Rigters did well, showed alot of pace and skill but didnt get loads of decent balls to pick from, the left back wakkoboyo or whatever his name is, Herd is better imo.

3 different back 4s in the game didnt help, at times we looked so out of position, noone knew where they should be. Hope barrett injury aint that bad. JFC looked like a midfielder at centre half but held his own just about, he will struggle at CH with the more direct league 1 sides.

Only 2 shots at goal and they werent really good chances, Ipswich had lots of the ball

Sawyer was good, moussa was excellent but does need to hold that touchline more on the left at times he left our left back 2 v 1 cos he went inside and when the ball did come wide he werent there making us very narrow.

Overall not a great night but this was a good ipswich side who will do well in the ccc.

Tonight highlighted how short on bodies we are and if this is the same v Huddersfield a draw will be a very good result.

Calver and Okeefe looked eager and wanted the ball but spent the their night chasing shadows mainly.

Lets hope Tilly and Brush are on the phone all day tommorrow trying to get people in, Long hard season in the offering at the moment on this display!!!

Last edited:
I think we should avoid playing Ipswich again under the current management. Their discipline was atrocious.

I think we should avoid playing Ipswich again under the current management. Their discipline was atrocious.

Yeah, but surely the club know thats what you are gonna get when you invite a roy keane side for a FRIENDLY.

But in fairness to Keane he did take off Bruce and Delaney straight after they made bad tackles.

Last edited:
Rigters did well, showed alot of pace and skill but didnt get loads of decent balls to pick from, the left back wakkoboyo or whatever his name is, Herd is better imo.

I agree with that. Bakoyobo didn't impress tonight. Looked flat footed, poor in the air, didn't get tight on too many occasions and I thought he was blowing when Ipswich had a period of play that came down our left. (Obviously fitness can be worked on.) If it was a choice between Bakayobo and Herd I'd go for the latter.
As for Rigters, I thought he showed some encouraging signs. Fast, looked to make something happen, not afraid to shoot and had good feet. My concern with him though is that he might have bigger plans than us. If he wants to get his career going again then he'll be too good for our level, if he isn't motivated to make it happen then I wouldn't want him anyway.

Rigters did well, showed alot of pace and skill but didnt get loads of decent balls to pick from,

Wonder if he will be allowed to play on Saturday or next week, as that will probably show a bit more about where he is at.

But the priority has to be central defenders. Franno and Jeff at Centre Half? Would scare me half to death if we started with them against Huddersfield...

all I can say is I hope the Hudderslfield players will have all been out on a stag do the night before the game because we are gonna be fekking awful; against a commited organised proffesional club wanting an opening day win

Wonder if he will be allowed to play on Saturday or next week, as that will probably show a bit more about where he is at.

But the priority has to be central defenders. Franno and Jeff at Centre Half? Would scare me half to death if we started with them against Huddersfield...

Franno will do ok at CH alongside a recognized CH ie Barrett, but he had to nurse JFC through the game didnt help him, he was constantly checking JFCs position at shouting at him to push up etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back