• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good chance for us, Coker down the left, cross flicked on by Williams, Bridge shot blocked for a corner, which comes to nothing.

Southend have been awarded a crunchy corner....some German guy called Mullerr taking it......another one of the trialists......

And if you want to keep an eye on the performance of Oxley... who is getting loads of stick from the Geordies cos his shirts pink:winking:

Yeah I did quite like their chant "you look like a salmon....you look a salmon" :smile:

I think his gonna hear that a lot this season.

Guess Phil is trying out the gantry due to his forthcoming four game touchline ban

CoUIQR6WgAAaMT0.jpg:large

Good old CP .. chipping in with the humour..:smile::hilarious:

Pretty even. Oxley just the one save that he dealt with very well from Shelvey. Looks solid.
Points of note from first half:
1. If Sokolik was playing for a contract he will probably get one. He will be pleased with his half- got his foot and head in defensively and did OK a couple of times when up for corners- on that I would take him
2. Williams better than I expected- he actually holds it up pretty well- but he needs it into feet not over the top to chase
3. Ok- previous performances might get a contract offer

As he's up there, he should lead by example & be our 1st Shrimperzone volunteer of the "Who wants to help sprucing up Roots Hall"... if anyone has his number, can someone call him and tell him that there are about 6 small leaks in the roof, just behind where he's standing!

Sokolik didn't do his chance of getting a deal with us any harm. Murray did OK, just hope he do enough to stay as we won't face quality side like Newcastle in League 1!

Back