• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Pathetic. Any other words? Absolutely hopeless. No goal threat and a shambles at the back.

Smith 5 At fault for the opening goal and flapped at a lot.
Demetriou 5 Struggled to stick to his position and in the air.
White 7 One of few with any credit, good in the air and on the floor.
Kiernan 6 Hasn't played in a long time and you can tell. Several misplaced basic passes.
Hendrie 6 Good until he became terrified of Nouble.
McGlashan 7 Pace and dribbling was a threat.
Yearwood 5 Not ready. Misplaced passes and looked nervous. Flashes of his potential but overwhelmed.
Leonard 6 Tried to get us going but nothing came off for him.
McLaughlin 5 Looked like he lacked fitness, end product was poor
Robinson 4 Woeful, runs around a lot with no impact.
Cox 6 Waaaay too deep all the time. Some good touches and passes.

Subs
Ba 6 Pressed and applied pressure.
Fortune 5 Don't really know what he did.
Timlin 5 Didn't do anything.

No idea why we played quite so deep against inferior opposition. Clearly weren't bothered about losing given the subs, Saturday is the priority. Who needs a cup run anyway?

I really couldn't give a monkeys about these cup games more chance of injurys and suspensions let's just crack on with the lge and Rotherham sat!!

I really couldn't give a monkeys about these cup games more chance of injurys and suspensions let's just crack on with the lge and Rotherham sat!!

A cup run could give us a big pay day, much needed. A chance to play fringe players too. Poor tonight.

That was as bad as Saturday was good. Dreadful record in this competition continues. Seven consecutive first round exits, all at home. That must be some kind of record.

At times we look disinterested. We even had Frank Nouble ripping us apart. That says it all.

Roll on Saturday......

Well, thank goodness we got the cup out of the way, and getting knocked out now is much less damaging than a run and getting distracted with big games in a competition we don't have a hope of winning. Securing a play off place at least needs to be the priority this season! On the up side, tonight helped with fitness and maybe trying some of the experimental stuff. Next!

Just shocking. Everyone who wasn't in the team Sat done everything they could to say they arnt good enough as cover either. Yearwood is far from ready being polite. We need to sign some midfield competition/cover.

I'm now convinced that we basically throw this competition every year now. It's not a case of being unlucky, we're always awful in these games. Zero game plan tonight, we just thumped it long to no one. Cox did nothing but give it away, add Macca to that list too. Kiernan is incredibly rusty. 2 occasions in about 5 minutes Demi and McGlashan couldn't get on the same wavelength and it resulted in JD kicking it off. It was just an absolute shambles from start to finish.

The 11 that started against Blackburn must be rubbing their hands together as no one that came in tonight did anything close to enough to snatch the shirt from them.

Wow.. that was terrible. noteable mentions.. Robinson was woeful, offered no threat what so ever. Yearwood was disappointing after the rave reviews, no where near 1st team ready. Smith cost us the 1st goal .. Oxley is number one for sure. Hendrie totally feel to pieces in 2nd half.. I'm a little worried about him as our 1st choice left back. And it seems we got the Kiernan the Rangers fans were talking about.. was useless tonight. All in all a crap trip to the Hall .. in other news my girlfriend enjoyed her 1st game and looked fit in the shirt

Match report: Southend United 0, Newport County 2

TWO Shawn McClousky goals in the space of six second half minutes saw Southend United suffer a shock 2-0 defeat against Newport County in the first round of the Carabao Cup last night.

More...

Absolutely dreadful. Painful to watch and shows that strength in depth is seriously lacking.

Awful. Played it like a pre season friendly,

Smith 5 - To blame for the first goal, but otherwise ok.
Demetriou 6 - Seemed to prance about thinking he is better than he actually is.
Kiernan 5 - Very rusty, needs more games.
White - 7 Pick of the back 4
Hendrie 7 until Noble game on, 3 afterwards, so a 5.
McGlashan 6 -started well, but faded badly.
Yearwood 4 - showed the odd bit of class, but it was like playing with 10 men at times. As I thought, not ready yet.
Lenny 6 - did ok, but was having to cover for everyone else.
McClauglin 6 - Another one looking rusty.
Cox 6 - nothing coming off or him at the moment, but up front on his own.
Robinson 3 - Awful, just awful. Slow, poor touch, zero hold up play.

Fortune 5 - never seemed to get involved
Ba 6 - put himself about, and a couple of decent touches
Timlin 6 - not on long, but tried to get things going.

Brown 2 - Too many changes, late and wrong substitutions, treated Newport, the fans and the competition with contempt.

Smith. Still not convinced 5
Demetriou. Not good enough 5
Kiernan. Poor. Misplaced passed 5
White. Mom second game running 7
Hendrie. Looked weak and innefective 5
McGlashan tried but it didn't come off 6
Lenny. Not his best game. 5
Yearwood. Why the hype. Out of his depth 4
McLaughlin. Not a good game 5
Cox. Way too deep looked most like to score 6
Robinson. Embarrassing performance 4

Subs

Fortune. Barely got a touch. 5
Ba. Looked lively 6
Timlin as above 6

Newport played the angles and worked hard. Thoroughly deserved the win. Much better than us on the night.

Players had an opportunity tonight to get a place In the team. No chance on that showing.

Awful game. Hate sitting in the east. Roll on Saturday!

We sat in the East stand with a great view of the pitch and the two teams. I met 'IloveShimp' and his mate for the first time and we had a bit of chat about the Zone which was enjoyable. And that concludes the highlights of our evening. Oh yeah, the football..............Newport were better than us and won 2-0.

Others will certainly post about individual performances, so I'll settle for saying that John White is making it very difficult for Phil to pair Kiernan and Anton as first choice CBs, he was v good tonight. On the Nouble front, he did try very hard tonight, but he's still a big fat lump who's not very good. Nouble baiting was the order of the day where I was sitting.

I'll shut up now cos I'm a bit ****ed off after that lot.

Oh, and on an unrelated note to the game and performance, our pitch right now is a ****ing disgrace

Back