• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Peterborough United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Post all ratings and reports here please.

Try and keep the Bond Out stuff to other threads please.

We will be fine. There is so much positive to take away from that game, despite the drop off in performance when they scored. That’s about confidence and will come when we are rewarded for our fine play one day very soon.

Four defeats out of four. Absolutely no sign of progression. No sign of any fight as soon as things start to go wrong. How much longer will Ron let this carry on for? Poor choice of formation yet again. Why does he keep playing Cox for 90 mins? This bloke hasn’t had any pre season.. can’t wait to hear Bond bash him again.

Thoroughly fed up at the moment. Just can’t see where the win.. or even a goal for that matter is coming from.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that I think we need to loan in a goalkeeper as organisation starts from there and we need that. We aren’t getting it sufficiently at the moment. It would also help Bishop’s development, to work with a stronger keeper. Oxley isn’t stronger than Bishop I’m afraid and isn’t the answer for us.

We will be fine. There is so much positive to take away from that game, despite the drop off in performance when they scored. That’s about confidence and will come when we are rewarded for our fine play one day very soon.

Enlighten me please - 90 minutes at home no shots on target - the only player who looked like scoring he took off.

4 league games 7 shots on target -whatever happened to goalmouth excitement.

Watching paint dry is more exciting.

Two shocking goals to give away- both balls from wide a long way out and nowhere near the touchline find a centre forward in an acre of space in the 6 yard box once between the two centre halves, the other when they were both missing- on both occasions they have had an age to decide who is picking him up and stop it happening.

No point being a favourite easy on the eye 8/10 CB for 85 mins if then due to a failure of communication or lapse in concentration you gift two goals away like that in the other 5 minutes.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that I think we need to loan in a goalkeeper as organisation starts from there and we need that. We aren’t getting it sufficiently at the moment. It would also help Bishop’s development, to work with a stronger keeper. Oxley isn’t stronger than Bishop I’m afraid and isn’t the answer for us.

We need Kiernan back!

Really don't think you can blame Bishop for the CBs going to sleep

Seriously appreciate all the positive vibes but we are 0 from 4 and even worse than that under Bonds stewardship. Come on Ron it’s time to show how much you care about your club...

They moved the ball quickly forward two passes to Maddison who curved them in to fast moving forwards bang bang. We do nothing fast.

Four defeats out of four. Absolutely no sign of progression. No sign of any fight as soon as things start to go wrong. How much longer will Ron let this carry on for? Poor choice of formation yet again. Why does he keep playing Cox for 90 mins? This bloke hasn’t had any pre season.. can’t wait to hear Bond bash him again.

Thoroughly fed up at the moment. Just can’t see where the win.. or even a goal for that matter is coming from.
Because hes our best player

Milligan had a poor game for me tonight. Also, he’s supposed to be the captain, yet we go 1-0 down and he’s standing there with his hands on his hips looking at the ground... hardly going to inspire us.

I've noticed that Bond has us playing a high line (presumably to encourage the passing from the back mentality), unfortunately our centre backs are slow as hell so all the opposition has to do is play a ball over the top for the striker to run on to the ball and they'll be in on goal.

No goal threat at the moment so only a matter of time before we concede every game. Was it 1 on target tonight?

Goodship needs to have a go up front, score 70 plus goals and we don’t give him a chance to show what he can do??????

Agree we need a better goal keeper and I would say anothther couple of players still needed (CB and a winger).

Hamilton looks good.

All depends on the season Ron wants as to how quickly he acts

Abysmal again. Not a single shot in target in 96 minutes of football. Absolutely atrocious.

For the most part, that resembled a training ground drill, of attack Vs defence. And we weren’t the attack.

Why is it, as soon as we get into the final third, we persist with going backwards? Where is the movement? Where are the runners? Where are the crosses firing into the box towards the on-rushing attackers?

Positives;

- I like Goodship. I think he’s being let down atm. He’s clearly not a winger, and we’re simply not playing to his strengths. I’m not saying he’s Freddy mkII, but he’s cleary got talent. On another day - when confidence is high - he takes both of those chances he had tonight.

- Elvis has come on leaps and bounds since last season. He doesn’t hide, always wants to get forward & is constantly an outlet for us. I really think we’ve got a great player in the making there. Sadly, another who’s being let down by his supporting cast and/or system.

- Milligan still looks like a great acquisition.

And now the negatives;
- Still not sure what people see in Shaughnessy. The guy is a walking accident, who reads the game pretty poorly IMO.

- Lennon can’t pass water

- Blackman is the full-back version of Theo Robinson

- Cox as a lone striker is, and always will be, a **** tactic.

I've noticed that Bond has us playing a high line (presumably to encourage the passing from the back mentality), unfortunately our centre backs are slow as hell so all the opposition has to do is play a ball over the top for the striker to run on to the ball and they'll be in on goal.

For whatever reasons we lost this was not one of them. They weren’t a high line, they didn’t get in behind us and Lennon is rapid.

I thought there was plenty of progressions today, especially from the Lincoln game. Individually some players were very good, as a team not so much. We played some excellent football tonight tbf, good passing with it all culminating in a chance which Goodship put just wide.

I don’t enjoy losing, but I saw some positive signs tonight

Back