• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Peterborough United

Why are people so obsessed with being right on here , they literally can’t settle unless they have the final word .
We are the worst team in the 4 leagues ATM on form stats , there is massive issues in our formation and we are easy to beat , that’s my opinion , would I spend 2 days trying to out do another poster because he/she has a different view to that ......absolutely not , get real folks

Moreover, remind me of the last time anyone in a Southend squad had the vision and finesse to pull off that through-ball that he played to Goodship in the first half.

Mantom played both the balls into Goodship that resulted in chances....not Hamilton

Mantom played both the balls into Goodship that resulted in chances....not Hamilton

And I wasn’t talking about those 2 chances. I’m talking about the defence-splitting through ball that Hamilton played through to Goodship, who ran in off the wing and onto the ball in box and got narrowly beaten to it by the goalkeeper.

Hamilton’s through ball was a thing of beauty and is something that I’ve not seen a Southend player do in a long time.

And I wasn’t talking about those 2 chances. I’m talking about the defence-splitting through ball that Hamilton played through to Goodship, who ran in off the wing and onto the ball in box and got narrowly beaten to it by the goalkeeper.

Hamilton’s through ball was a thing of beauty and is something that I’ve not seen a Southend player do in a long time.
That ball was the best I have seen in a long time. I don’t mind admitting that when he played it I inwardly groaned until I realised what he was trying to do. We need to have more of the same please

Yes, the Hamilton pass that so nearly found Goodship took my breath away. At the time I sensed that Goodship moved for it just a little late. That’s how fine the margins are in this game: a couple of nanoseconds and we might have been spared reams of shrimpermoans.

Oh god so now we are talking about an over hit through ball that the keeper read and had the forward moved earlier he’d have been offside?

Ok I get it

Oh god so now we are talking about an over hit through ball that the keeper read and had the forward moved earlier he’d have been offside?

Ok I get it
The point is that he had the vision to see the pass and goodship had the vision to see it. Another poster mentioned goodship moving a nano second earlier and you have that as offside, I don’t see how anyone can make that judgment that he would have been offside.
Yes it was marginally overhit or else goodship wood have got it- we are all complete aware of that.
Keeper read it? So you were watching the keeper and saw him come out just before Hamilton made the pass?
You know all of the above so I don’t know why you are being so argumentative. The crowd appreciated at the time and everyone around me commented that it was great vision and not a pass we are used to seeing at roots hall.

Ps- and the fact it was a premiership u23 has got fa to do with my opinion.

The point is that he had the vision to see the pass and goodship had the vision to see it. Another poster mentioned goodship moving a nano second earlier and you have that as offside, I don’t see how anyone can make that judgment that he would have been offside.
Yes it was marginally overhit or else goodship wood have got it- we are all complete aware of that.
Keeper read it? So you were watching the keeper and saw him come out just before Hamilton made the pass?
You know all of the above so I don’t know why you are being so argumentative. The crowd appreciated at the time and everyone around me commented that it was great vision and not a pass we are used to seeing at roots hall.

Ps- and the fact it was a premiership u23 has got fa to do with my opinion.

You missed the irony and the tongue in cheek then yeah?

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond was full of praise for Ethan Hamilton after the midfielder's impressive showing against Peterborough United.

More...

Back