• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Portsmouth FC

I maintain the extreme exaggeration helps nobody. I don't particularly rate either, but Hyam is nowhere near our worst midfielder in the last ten years. There are probably 20 strikers we've had in that time that are worse than Theo Robinson. If you're disenchanted then that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion but going way over the top discredits an argument.

The post you quote wasn't very constructive from my side, and for that I apologise - I'd not had the best of days.

I stand by the Hyam and Robinson are hopeless. Like playing with nine men when they are on the pitch. Both draw attention to themselves, Hyam pulls his socks above his knees and Theo dyes his hair blonde......bit like when Drewe Broughton wore them bright white boots when they first came out......commentator said at the time, you’ve gotta be good to wear them and he wasn’t. Hyam has showed nothing and is a sideways crab.....pre season against Bishops Stortford Robinson was crap and Ba looked on a different level.....and 6 months down the line our manager is persisting with the pair of them......injuries yes, fairly obvious though that these two are bench players ( for Orient)

SOUTHEND United are raring to go for tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy clash with Portsmouth, according to manager Chris Powell.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is considering handing fit-again goalkeeper Ted Smith his first start in 17 months tonight.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has made six changes to his starting line-up for tonight's Checkatrade Trophy clash against Portsmouth with goalkeeper Ted Smith starting for the first time since August 2017.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell felt his side looked flat and rusty during tonight’s disappointing 2-0 defeat to Portsmouth in the Checkatrade Trophy.

More...

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin let rip at the Shrimpers’ underperforming players following their Checkatrade Trophy defeat to Portsmouth, Echosport understands.

More...

Try telling Portsmouth and Sunderland that the Checkatrade Trophy is meaningless and pointless now.....a full Wembley to see two League 1 sides is mental!

We should consider this next season if we make the knock out stages again and our manager urges fans to support the event and the players selected in it!!!

Last edited:
I stand by the Hyam and Robinson are hopeless. Like playing with nine men when they are on the pitch. Both draw attention to themselves, Hyam pulls his socks above his knees and Theo dyes his hair blonde......bit like when Drewe Broughton wore them bright white boots when they first came out......commentator said at the time, you’ve gotta be good to wear them and he wasn’t. Hyam has showed nothing and is a sideways crab.....pre season against Bishops Stortford Robinson was crap and Ba looked on a different level.....and 6 months down the line our manager is persisting with the pair of them......injuries yes, fairly obvious though that these two are bench players ( for Orient)

I've seen nothing from Hyam that convinces me he's better than National League level. He reminds me of Christophe, his tackling's okay, but he then fails to complete even simple passes. A 'wannabe' hard man who's nothing of the sort.

I've seen nothing from Hyam that convinces me he's better than National League level. He reminds me of Christophe, his tackling's okay, but he then fails to complete even simple passes. A 'wannabe' hard man who's nothing of the sort.

At least Jeff chipped in with a few goals though. Not sure Hyam even knows where the net is!

Oxley.

To my knowledge, the lazy **** hasn’t chipped in with any

Not with us (as yet)... but your post reminded me of this beauty....

.......We all live in hope (especially right now this season... we need all the luck we can get).

Back