• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 0-2 Portsmouth

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
For those of a nervous disposition, look away now! :-

Last edited:
Yes a few things to look out for.

1, How lethargic was Bunn closing down that first cross
2, The header looped in off the bar so not all Teds fault as some claim.
3, I thought it was good keeping from their first free kick. Ted came, realised it was to good but tipped away for a corner. others claimed he should have caught it or 'flapped' at it, which he certainly didn't.
4, our well worked freekick was the only thing we did all night.
5, Watch the second goal scorer. He attacks the space with purpose and knows he is going to shoot even before he gets the ball...….We haven't managed a goal like that all season at RH.

Edit: We haven't managed a shot like that all season.

Last edited:
They had 3 queing up on the far post in the first minute. Some one needs to teach Harry how to close down. Could have been 4 up at half time. Glad I saved my tenner.

As to Riggers' point 5, what a powder puff challenge from our no 4, Luke Hyam. No real effort to block the shot. Waved a token leg. Disgraceful.

There was me pretending that what I saw last night was just a bad dream, but now I know it wasn't. Don't you just hate reality?

As to Riggers' point 5, what a powder puff challenge from our no 4, Luke Hyam. No real effort to block the shot. Waved a token leg. Disgraceful.

I don't think full-blooded tackles in your own penalty area are a good idea.

What that first goal showed was how much we miss Harry Lennon. We desperately need a centre-half who can attack those crosses and if not win the header at least put the opponent off. White managed neither.

Unfortunately I was 2 mins late on Tuesday so missed it... normally the TV highlights are up by now.

I know the word "highlights" is ridiculous, but has anyone got them to post on here?

Thought Smith looked awful, does Lee Harrison supply the Bostik that glues his keepers to the line?.....if that was Oxley we'd have crucified him!

They seemed to have a lot of free kicks, seeing as we can't defend them, might be a good idea not to give them away in the first place ( I was not at the game BTW)

Thought Smith looked awful, does Lee Harrison supply the Bostik that glues his keepers to the line?.....if that was Oxley we'd have crucified him!

I'm not doubting that you would have crucified Oxley given the chance (I'm a little surprised you didn't try and blame him anyway), but can you please specify what moment you are referring to him being stuck to his line in the highlights?

Was it the opening goal when the ball looped over him?

Was it when he came and punched away a cross on the edge of his 6 yard box?

Was it the one where he came out to about level with the penalty spot and narrowed the angle and they shot wide?

Was it when he failed to get on the end of Theo Robinson's cross following a well worked free-kick?

I'm not doubting that you would have crucified Oxley given the chance (I'm a little surprised you didn't try and blame him anyway), but can you please specify what moment you are referring to him being stuck to his line in the highlights?

Was it the opening goal when the ball looped over him?

Was it when he came and punched away a cross on the edge of his 6 yard box?

Was it the one where he came out to about level with the penalty spot and narrowed the angle and they shot wide?

Was it when he failed to get on the end of Theo Robinson's cross following a well worked free-kick?

First goal was an easy tip over.....the punch where he sent it the wrong way for a corner....the one on one where he made himself into half a target rather than standing up .....the cross from the right that was inviting it to be claimed and cut out by a confident keeper.....sorry but thought he looked all at sea, to be expected maybe after so long out but not great imo!

First goal was an easy tip over.....the punch where he sent it the wrong way for a corner....the one on one where he made himself into half a target rather than standing up .....the cross from the right that was inviting it to be claimed and cut out by a confident keeper.....sorry but thought he looked all at sea, to be expected maybe after so long out but not great imo!

I think his footwork could probably have been sharper for the first goal but hardly surprising he was rusty 90 seconds into his comeback after 18 months out but you were complaining about him being glued to his line. How does coming off his line help there when the ball loops over him?

You complain about him being glued to the line then complain about him coming for a cross where he had to leave the 6 yard box.

You then complain about him being too small when he again came off his line and put the forward off.

Is your issue that Lee Harrison is only using Bostik and not something more adhesive?

I won't ask what you are sniffing.

I think his footwork could probably have been sharper for the first goal but hardly surprising he was rusty 90 seconds into his comeback after 18 months out but you were complaining about him being glued to his line. How does coming off his line help there when the ball loops over him?

You complain about him being glued to the line then complain about him coming for a cross where he had to leave the 6 yard box.

You then complain about him being too small when he again came off his line and put the forward off.

Is your issue that Lee Harrison is only using Bostik and not something more adhesive?

I won't ask what you are sniffing.

He was slow to come off his line.No question about that.Clearly he thought about it and decided not to.That's why they scored so easily.

He was slow to come off his line.No question about that.Clearly he thought about it and decided not to.That's why they scored so easily.

:Unsure:
They scored because we failed to prevent the cross and then failed to win the header.

That cross was the centre-half's responsibility, not the keeper's. Smith wasn't coming off his line.

Back