• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The obvious problems with the team being that we are a League 2 team now having to take on League 1 opposition?

I didn't word that particularly well, but what I meant by 'obvious problem with the team' was the strange starting 11 and formation. Yes we were outplayed (never denied that) and yes we are playing higher calibre opponents, the point I was trying to make was that if we had played our best 11 in a sensible formation we might have been able to match Walsall, I'm certainly convinced we wouldn't have been so comprehensively outplayed. As I previously stated I don't think that Walsall are miles better than say Shrewsbury (or Bury and Burton for that matter) and we were able to match them last season.

Nice one liner from a Walsall fan on their board:

Special mention to their No. 22 who is trying to revive the 1980s shorts trend. YGA

Go for it Deegs, your fame is spreading.

Time will tell if Walsall are a good L1 side, or just typical of the standard of opposition we'll be facing every week in this division. Their passing and movement was streets ahead of much of what I've seen over the last year or two.

Reassuringly though we had enough scoring opportunities to have made the contest a lot closer than it was. We are going to have to improve in midfield and defence though or we're going to be leaking a lot of goals.

A reasonable assessment at last.

Nice one liner from a Walsall fan on their board:

Special mention to their No. 22 who is trying to revive the 1980s shorts trend. YGA

Go for it Deegs, your fame is spreading.

Shame his ability on the pitch isn't!

Rootshallbloke thinks hot pants man is a top player, I don't agree...red cards, wayward passing... It's just a few things that could be coming our way... Timlin dropped? Not for me.

Rootshallbloke thinks hot pants man is a top player, I don't agree...red cards, wayward passing... It's just a few things that could be coming our way... Timlin dropped? Not for me.

Posting a quote from another board does not imply I think Deegan's a top player. As for your assessment of Deegan and Timlin - I agree with you.

Ability aside since he came to England he has one red card in 6 years. The same as Timlin in that period.

Ability aside since he came to England he has one red card in 6 years. The same as Timlin in that period.

we don't deal with facts on here remember, especially is they disprove someone else opinion, sorry I mean someone elses 'fact':winking:

Back