• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

Gutless, spineless a total emabarressment...

I can take losing but some of those players are not fit to wear a shirt, Kightly, Manton, Dieng, Kiernan were all absolutely ****ing awful.

Worst team in 20 years.

Timline on a one year contract seems like one of the worst decisions ever now last summer!

Worst team ever I would say - I hope everyone boycots the end of season dos and awards - in fact the club should cancel them immediately - utter disgrace

It beggars belief who picks the midfield, before the game very few wanted Dieng AND rightly so. Kites is sadly no longer a danger to anyone going forward and a liability defending, Mantom can't tackle, can't shoot, can't head and is troubled if he goes into the final 1/3rd of the pitch. Poor Coxy and Hump where left isolated and alone.
Kiernon was a centre back despite what Bond tries to say, White has zero creativity, Elvis and Hart worked and tried to get forward and back and forward and back but had no interplay with the non existant supposed midfield.
If Bond was advised of line up by Keen then he needs to think on that.
Bond, likeDuncan, kept shouting for the midfield to get forward faster etc but he might as well have asked Ron to sign Bale as it is something just as unlikely.
Doomed we are, doomed I tell you!
At least now the youths and Dru might be given a start., Klass and Hutch are not worse than those muppets.
And don't blame the crowd as they have been very very patient.

The only positive for me was that the crowd didn't boo until the final whistle.Oh and I saw a good mate and his family in the DB before the match (presumably the cameraman was after a shot of Harry boy there,which he eventually got after about 32 minutes).

Last edited:
Concerned now. Until this point I've thought that a change of manager would result in a temporary run of form which would give us the couple of wins we need to stay up. It hasn't happened and if it was going to it should have happened today (first home game for the new manager against average opposition). Relegation looms I suspect.
I'm interested in the Moore / Yearwood situation. I'd have said these were the first 2 names on the teamsheet but the new manager clearly isn't keen. Is this age related? Or is it something he's seeing during the week?

Brown back? He has brought the club to it's knees with his signings and contracts. If it wasn't for some of his ridiculous signings we would have kept Timlin and Fortune (as powell wanted) and wouldn't be in this predicament.

Humphrys made a big difference today, He led the line well, closed down well, held the ball up. Not sure if he was taken off to protect him for the next game but personally it was the wrong decision unless he was injured. It's no coincidence they scored soon after. Poor Acquah isn't the answer. For a big lad he has no strength, he has no pace and no fight. Did he even touch the ball? I'd have rather kept Humphrys on in the hope of 3 points, which would have been a massive confidence booster for the players.

If we are to continue with Kiernan in front of the back four, we must play Yearwood instead of Dieng. Giving Yearwood the green light to go forward rather than being defensive will really play dividends. He drives forward so well and causes so many problems.

The only players to come out of today with any sort of credit are Hart, Humphrys, Bwomono and possibly Cox. Other than that, meh.

Concerned now. Until this point I've thought that a change of manager would result in a temporary run of form which would give us the couple of wins we need to stay up. It hasn't happened and if it was going to it should have happened today (first home game for the new manager against average opposition). Relegation looms I suspect.
I'm interested in the Moore / Yearwood situation. I'd have said these were the first 2 names on the teamsheet but the new manager clearly isn't keen. Is this age related? Or is it something he's seeing during the week?

No, it's Bond. Keen is his assistant :Smile:

Interesting comments from Bond on the radio...wasn’t happy with the lack of fight and effort and a .....very fragile squad that spends a lot of time not training..!

Wycombe showed us exactly how we should have played.Energy ,passion ...closed us down and pressured throughout the whole game.We were gutless ,clueless and a team of individuals who apart from a couple of players...couldn't care less.
Blame for me starts with the worst midfield in living memory,and Ron's /CP decision not to strengthen this area in the Jan transfer window when you could see relegation appearing on the horizon.
Whatever you think about Steve Evans would he have tolerated a display like that today...the players should be ashamed

Why was there no Moore or Kelman on the sub list, Turner? And Bunn? would have been 3rd choice replacements at best in the positions they are playing. Klass and Hutch are creative, as is Dru. I noticed Maher was ousted from dugout and Duncan in the stands, for sure Bond wants to be seen and heard as the boss but he ought to have heard and read reports of the players and situations from any and all sources, he appears to be picking pointers from the wrong persons.

Brown back? He has brought the club to it's knees with his signings and contracts. If it wasn't for some of his ridiculous signings we would have kept Timlin and Fortune (as powell wanted) and wouldn't be in this predicament.
Are managers in charge of negotiating contracts? I would have thought that is the job of the chief executive.

Interesting comments from Bond on the radio...wasn’t happy with the lack of fight and effort and a .....very fragile squad that spends a lot of time not training..!

How on earth can he say about training now he is the manager.

We can still pull out of this but must beat Walsall and, especially, Rochdale. Who thinks the current team can do that..........?
Unfortunately, this is the problem. It’s still sufficiently in our hands in so much as we could still escape relegation but who can really see anything in this team to suggest that we might? I don’t see fight. I don’t see talent. I don’t see hard work or energy or desire. And I don’t see any leadership in the side, and that’s where we’re more lacking than anything. The ball’s a hot potato right now and, barring maybe 2 or 3 in the side, no one wants it anywhere near them.

So disappointed.

Powell's tenure has led us down a path that is going to take a hell of a lot of work to come back from. And, given Ron doesn't have the money to assist in carrying out the overhaul required, it's not going to be pretty.

Few weeks back, it was "we need to win 3 in 7"
then it was "3 in 6", then today "3 in 5" now it will be "3 in 4" and very soon "3 in 3"!

If I’m correct, four players who started today were signed by Brown. I assume you’re not referring to the man who captained us to promotion, and I presume you’re not referring to Simon Cox who I don’t think has ever been someone the team has carried - which leaves 2 - both of whom could not have been selected if the current manager chose so.
Sorry mate - understand you're ****ed off but hanging this on Brown doesn’t add up. He’s the one that took us up, not the one that’s taking us back down.

Last edited:
Back