• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

Say what you like about Phil Brown - it was definitely time for him to go when he did - but his teams were fit. This one isn't.

Massively ****ed off. We’re going down. Worst midfield we’ve had for a long, long time. If Kightly can collect his wage packet each month without feeling completely embarrassed then fair play to him. So many of this lot aren’t fit to wear the shirt.

Jamie Douglas leaves/gets sacked and the fitness of the team drops. Shame he seemed to have the players in great shape.

Worst team ever I would say - I hope everyone boycots the end of season dos and awards - in fact the club should cancel them immediately - utter disgrace
We did boycotted sponsers night I’m afraid there is nothing about our 2 players that makes me want to spend 5 mins with them let alone an evening. I would rather have root canal.

After watching another shocking display today I would rather see the under 23s playing. No passion, no pride and our midfield couldn't tackle themselves out of a paper bag.

Play like that against Sunderland last game of the season and we could be seeing a record loss.

as I said during the week if we can't beat the teams who are in worse form that us then we don't deserve to stay up...….point proved sadly today...….not expecting too much more on Friday If I'm honest...…..don't blame anyone else except the players on the field, they know what is at stake and they put in a performance that beggers belief

sadly and with a broken heart I have to reside myself to league 2 fixtures

Wrong team selection. Midfield was a lopsided mess. Yearwood is our best central midfielder and he actually shows a hunger to win the ball yet he can’t get a look in ahead of the increasingly useless Mantom and Dieng and a centre back. Taylor Moore has been a cut above this season yet didn’t even make the bench, maybe he would have blocked their crosses instead of backing off like John White. And he certainly would have had better distribution from the back. Acquah has looked completely out of his depth, how is he being selected ahead of Kelman who has at least shown glimpses?

The idea that no one could have come in and made a difference is complete nonsense. Surely someone could have come in and selected a better midfield pairing than Dieng and Kiernan. Bond has been completely uninspiring and has clearly been unable to motivate the players. The short term nature of his appointment can’t have helped either, the players know he won’t be here next season so they aren’t bothering to up their game to secure a spot in the team for next season.

Whilst I think appointing Bond was a mistake that doesn’t excuse the players who on the whole are a complete embarrassment and couldn’t look more disinterested if they tried. A massive overhaul is needed in the summer although I can’t see how that will be done with most of them still in contract. I can’t see anyone wanting to take on expensive, lazy, wastes of space like Kightly.

Feared the worst when I saw the team sheet. If you're bang out of form come to roots hall for your free three points. Fitness definitely an issue. Full staff shake up needed in summer, coaches players backroom staff. Would keep Cox and Hopper the rest can go.

Unfortunately, this is the problem. It’s still sufficiently in our hands in so much as we could still escape relegation but who can really see anything in this team to suggest that we might? I don’t see fight. I don’t see talent. I don’t see hard work or energy or desire. And I don’t see any leadership in the side, and that’s where we’re more lacking than anything. The ball’s a hot potato right now and, barring maybe 2 or 3 in the side, no one wants it anywhere near them.

So disappointed.

I've just sat and eaten food and drunk some wine. I had to do that to gather my thoughts and not just post red hot indignation. The saving grace of doing that is that SBH has already posted more or less exactly what I saw and felt. So it's safe to say 'Wot he said'. I can't see anything other than a spell in the swamp for a season. If that happens the cost could be high in terms of attendances and some players opting to depart. I'm an eternal optimist but.........................

Ok, brain has stopped wandering. Elvis, Humphrys and maybe Cox did their best, the others should have a long look at themselves. By the way, I thought the crowd did their bit this afternoon.

Anyone heard what has happened to Taylor Moore surely he is better then what was on display today. I still think our biggest problem and has been all season is a terrible midfield.no creativity no tackling no passion no hope.

Akinfenwa - 8 goals in 12 games against us! Sooner her retires the better!

As fo us today - Pathetic - we are going to have the best squad in League 2 and doubtless they will all have their Agents buzzing the wires to get a move as soon as we are relegated!
Worst season ever - 13 defeats at home - why would you go!
But have renewed Season ticket and will be there to watch us play Newport County!
COYB

Anyone heard what has happened to Taylor Moore surely he is better then what was on display today. I still think our biggest problem and has been all season is a terrible midfield.no creativity no tackling no passion no hope.
He has probably asked to go back before he gets associated with this team!

Tried to give myself a couple of hours to calm down although it will take a lot longer than that.

So many times in the last few months I have gone to Roots Hall thinking we must win today and every time we have been let down. Today in the second half especially as you could sense that they would score. Our effort or lack of to get back into the game was thoroughly depressing not helped by having the most inept midfield in my fifty plus years of following the club.

Trying to end on a positive congratulations to Hawkwell Blue who was more organised and enthusiastic to be on the pitch when speaking at half time than the team looked during match.

Last edited:
Well that’s that then.

I was in the toilets before the game, and saw the posters for the Burton & Sunderland games on the wall, saying something along the lines of “you (the fans) have all got your part to play”. Well after that spineless shambles, the club can stick that up their ‘arris, sideways.

It’s no surprise that Wycombe are relegation contenders. They were poor. And that alone, should sum up how good we were.

Has anything really changed since Powell left?The lack of fight & desire are still the same.

It’s been obvious for a while, that this team isn’t good enough & no amount of different managers/formations/tactics were going to change that. Too many stiffs, crocks & yoofs to mount any kind of real effort to hang around in his league.

I went to RH today, against my better judgement. First time I’ve been since January due to work commitments.

Apart from Hart (our best player by far), Humphries and Cox no one looked bothered.

Our midfield is a total shambles, how the hell are Mantom and Dieng picked over Dru?

How the hell did we let an overweight, slow, clumsy 36 year old score twice? Akinfenwa is a Sunday League player, he cannot head the ball he cannot control the ball, he was given so much leniency by the ref it was unbelievable.

Summed up the afternoon.

Kev Bonds tactics and out of date and negative, I’d rather have PB back, at least his team played with passion.

Not doing any ratings, I don’t have the energy. Left on 78 minutes, have never left that early in nearly 40 years of supporting this club.

We are going down, without a fight - shameful !

I heard a rumour last night, it is only a rumour and I'm not going to reveal the source,
that Regis are poised to buy the club.

Back