• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

Akinfenwa - 8 goals in 12 games against us! Sooner her retires the better!

As fo us today - Pathetic - we are going to have the best squad in League 2 and doubtless they will all have their Agents buzzing the wires to get a move as soon as we are relegated!
Worst season ever - 13 defeats at home - why would you go!
But have renewed Season ticket and will be there to watch us play Newport County!
COYB
The best squad in League 2? Are you being serious? I have seen conference South teams this season with more ability and football intelligence than the rabble we have

Anyone heard what has happened to Taylor Moore surely he is better then what was on display today. I still think our biggest problem and has been all season is a terrible midfield.no creativity no tackling no passion no hope.
I spoke to Taylor Moore in the far post before the game. He wasn't very happy but said he doesn't know why he's been dropped. I asked if perhaps we had to pay extra for him after a certain amount of appearances but he said he wasn't aware of anything like that. I told him that I thought he had been one of our best players this season and definitely would be in if I was picking the team. He seems like a really nice down to earth bloke.
Also sounds like Bond doesn't fancy Dru much neither.

I spoke to Taylor Moore in the far post before the game. He wasn't very happy but said he doesn't know why he's been dropped. I asked if perhaps we had to pay extra for him after a certain amount of appearances but he said he wasn't aware of anything like that. I told him that I thought he had been one of our best players this season and definitely would be in if I was picking the team. He seems like a really nice down to earth bloke.
Also sounds like Bond doesn't fancy Dru much neither.

It would be a strange occurrence if it happened at any other club, but nothing surprises me with Southend anymore.

There is definitely more to this than meets the eye.

KEVIN Bond felt Southend United played like they were ‘already doomed’ during this afternoon’s 2-0 defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Roots Hall.

More...

I heard a rumour last night, it is only a rumour and I'm not going to reveal the source,
that Regis are poised to buy the club.

flats at Roots Hall & a housing estate at Fossetts it is then - bye bye SUFC

Akinfenwa - 8 goals in 12 games against us! Sooner her retires the better!

As fo us today - Pathetic - we are going to have the best squad in League 2 and doubtless they will all have their Agents buzzing the wires to get a move as soon as we are relegated!
Worst season ever - 13 defeats at home - why would you go!
But have renewed Season ticket and will be there to watch us play Newport County!
COYB

We’ve got a decent squad for league 1 mate, and it’s not cut the mustard. Look at Accrington and Burton - they are diddly clubs with half our wage bill who are out performing us. I’m more concerned that we’ll have a squad we can’t sustain in league 2 - we’ve gone for it this season and it’s not paid off. We’re now going to take that wage bill down with us.

Serious question. Can I get my money back for the season card that I purchased last week?

Don't think I could deal with the depression if we are going to have Bond in charge next season judging by the tactics seen today.

Serious question. Can I get my money back for the season card that I purchased last week?

Don't think I could deal with the depression if we are going to have Bond in charge next season judging by the tactics seen today.

As with any purchase under the Consumer contract regulations there should be a 14 day cooling off period, in which time you can claim a full refund.

Worth checking the T&Cs, but legally you should be able to get your money back.

I'm sorry but what does Acquah bring to the team when we need goals that Wabo or Kelman don't? Each time I've seen him come on nothing, no pace and no physical presence for a big load!?

Can’t be arsed to give ratings, but here a few ramblings:

Bishop - meh. Didn’t have that much to do. Kicking was questionable & flapped at one cross. Couldn’t see the goals clear enough, so won’t comment

Demetriou - injured. Sums everything up

Lennon - Clearly off the pace. More interested in wrestling than defending

White - Weren’t too bad. Gets unfair stick IMO. Decent squad player & consummate professional.

Hart - Can attack. Can’t defend.

Mantom - Not the sole reason we’re in this mess, but definitely culpable

Dieng - Bring back JFC, all is forgiven.

Kiernan - Someone tell Bond to give his head a wobble. There’s a reason this man is a defender, and not a CM. **** sake

Kightly - expect to see him on the next episode of Rogue Traders.

Cox - Needn’t have bothered. You get better service in a Harvester, which should sum it up.

Humphrys - Had to keep adjusting his face mask everytime he headed the ball, or had any kind of physical contact.

Subs:

Acquah - meh. He is what he is, a youngster trying to play a mans game.

Mac - couldn’t pass water

Elvis - best of a bad bunch. Still suspect defensively, but looked good going forward.

MOTM - The lad who did the half time penalty thing & won himself a signed ball.

Back