• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

Due to a late change in plans I found d myself in the East Reds and many thought their first goal was off-side. It did look very tight but not helped by Lennon? who ran back rather than stepping up a yard and making sure the incompetent lino on that side made a decision.
In the first half he looked at the ref for even the most basic throw in decisions. fans and players alike should have been on alert, I don't think our defenders gave a proper shout or arm up.

On the TV some have said it went over Bishop, it didn't it went wide of him for a really good finish from you know who. In the same situation our players would have had a touch or looked to pass it square.

I was saying that back in August when it was clear we had no replacement for Timlin or Wordsworth.
Been saying this all season, felt like a stuck record at times.
Despite our injury list, which has been extensive, and has led to burnout for some, contributing to overall poor fitness levels, the midfield has not really been affected - yet has been our poorest performing midfield for a very long time. The rot began about 3 seasons ago, culminating with the loss of Leonard, Wordsworth and Timlin. In theory, the guys we have now SHOULD be running rings round opposing midfields at this level, yet since the start of the season, even before we started getting hit by injury, they haven't been at the races, and I have no idea why!
At the start of the season, Dieng looked to be quite promising, I'd love to know how we manage to destroy potential in some players!
...Macca should have gone as well to free up some space on the wage bill and would have allowed us to keep Timlin and bring someone else in.
We could have kept Timlin last season, Chris was happy to keep him but wouldn't give him a contract straight away and asked him to wait till the end of the summer break - with a young family, you can't dilly dally about with nothing definite in the form of a contract so Michael took up a contract offer elsewhere for his family's security.

the manager says we were

"out fought"

"out worked"

"they wanted it more"

is it unreasonable to hold the manager responsible ?
It is when the team is out there. I got the impression he was as surprised as any newcomer might be watching a team supposedly fighting for their lives.
The cognoscenti half-knew what was coming.

It is when the team is out there. I got the impression he was as surprised as any newcomer might be watching a team supposedly fighting for their lives.
The cognoscenti half-knew what was coming.

You would have hoped he would have watched the videos of the last few home games -that might have given him a clue...……….

Our season was summed up in one incident yesterday.
Mantom running toward the South East corner flag chasing a ball, and just gave up with 20 yards to go with the ball still in play.
Symptomatic of all the lazy, useless ****s playing for us this season.

WYCOMBE Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth hailed the ‘awesome’ Adebayo Akinfenwa after his side’s crucial 2-0 win at Southend United.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond was stunned by the Shrimpers shocking showing against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

More...

Skimming through the club website:
August and September was Hopper, October Moore , November Mantom, December ???, January Bishop, February Cox and March Hart

Yes, that is the voting for the Club's version of POTM, something which the Trust have done for years and which was brought in by the club only a few seasons ago. Trust members vote for our award, and it is always presented by Junior Blues. Our next one, for March, will be presented at the Burton game.

The Trust makes a £50 donation to the charity of choice of the player winning at the end of each season.

Our winners this season have been:
August - Hopper; September - Hopper; October - Moore; November - White; December - Moore; January - Bishop; February - Cox, with the vote for March still open.
http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=562

Back