• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-3 Norwich City

Cricko

Post your match reports and ratings here please.

Ugh.

Norwich first team Squad

1 Michael Theoklitos Goalkeeper
2 Jon Otsemobor Defender
3 Adam Drury Defender
4 Matthew Gill Midfielder
5 Michael Nelson Defender
6 Russell Martin
(on loan from Peterbr ) Defender
7 Owain Tudur Jones Midfielder
8 Stephen Hughes Midfielder
9 Grant Holt Striker
10 Jamie Cureton Striker
11 Simon Whaley
(on loan to Bradfrd ) Midfielder
12 Gary Doherty Defender
13 Declan Rudd Goalkeeper
14 Wesley Hoolahan Midfielder
15 Michael Spillane Defender
16 Chris Martin Striker
17 Tom Adeyemi Midfielder
18 Paul McVeigh Midfielder
19 Simon Lappin Midfielder
20 Darel Russell Midfielder
21 Fraser Forster
(on loan from Newcstl ) Goalkeeper
22 Rhoys Wiggins Defender
24 Anthony McNamee
(on loan from Swindon ) Midfielder
25 Luke Daley Striker
26 David Stephens Defender
27 Cody McDonald Striker
28 Samuel Habergham Defender
29 Danny Kelly Striker
30 Korey Smith Midfielder
32 Goran Maric Striker
33 Jens Berthel Askou Defender
34 Jed Steer Goalkeeper
37 George Francomb Defender
38 Josh Dawkin

SUFC Squad

1 Steve Mildenhall Goalkeeper
2 Simon Francis Defender
3 Scott Malone
(on loan from Wolves ) Defender
4 Jean Francois Christophe Midfielder
5 Sean Morrison
(on loan from Swindon ) Defender
6 Adam Barrett Defender
7 Anthony Grant Midfielder-------On ban.
8 Alan McCormack Midfielder
9 Lee Barnard Striker
10 James Walker Striker
12 Damian Scannell Midfielder
14 Franck Moussa Midfielder
15 Osei Sankofa Defender--------Injured.
16 Dougie Freedman Striker
17 Jabo Ibehre
(on loan from MK Dons ) Striker
18 Johnny Herd Defender-------- Injured
20 Jean Yves Mvoto
(on loan from Sndrlnd ) Defender-------- Injured
22 Stuart O'Keefe Midfielder
24 Ian Joyce Goalkeeper
26 Francis Laurent---------------------Injured

*Sigh*

the lino on the west stand side was a ****

grant holt was a ****

the ref was a bit of a ****

macca was rubbish

jabo looked alright. never gonna score any goals but holds the ball up well

walker showed why he cant get a start

they were not 3 goals better than us.

We started well. They took over from about 20 minutes in though. We're all heart but a depressingly low level of ability throughout the side. Their movement off the ball caused us all sorts of problems and really they could have scored more.

Had to criticise too much as the players tried their best.

I liked Jabo and the crowd clearly warmed to him. He isn't going to score though and we all know how non-scoring targetmen go down here.

3-0 flattered them but they were willing to shoot. Unless Barney scores we're not going to.

Sorry but thought they were 3 goals better than us. Strong at the back, creative in midfield and two hardworking and good forwards.
Granted, we had chances- Barney early on, Scannell and Jabo but the gulf in class told in the end. Too many players badly off form- Moose, Macca in particular. Loanees did ok although Malone was exposed twice for their first two goals. Impressed with Jabo, thought he worked hard but the service was very minimal. Frustrated me that Barney always having to come deep.
Officials probably the best at the Hall this season, crowd ok but without the 2000 from Norwich, fairly low for an evening game.

Mildey- 8, man of the match, kept the score down, really on top of his game at the moment.
Francis-6, good going forward but still too casual at the back. Put some good crosses in the box.
Morrison- 7,Impressed, big and strong, won plenty of headers. Perhaps not the quickest on the deck.
Barrett-6, one of his poorer games I thought. CAught out several times.
Malone-5, harsh perhaps due to his lack of first team action but very shaky at the back and set pieces were poor.
Scannell- 7, pick of the midfield, never stopped running. Missed a great chance but didnt let it get him down and worked really hard.
Jeff- 6, broke up attacks well but then gave the ball away too often, such has been the way with him recently.
Macca- 5, woeful. Even OBL might feel like giving him less than a 7. Virtually every pass to a Yellow shirt, woeful shooting, tried to con the ref with a pathetic dive and then a silyl foul for the penalty at the end.
Moose- 5, also v poor, running into men, no awareness of players around him. Really in a rut of bad form.
Jabo- 6, worked hard, not much sight of goal but certainly better than Doogie.
Barney- 7, typical Barney, put himself about and had a couple of great chances.

Subs- both awful, no effort and didnt look like they wanted to impress Tilly that much.

V impressed with Holt, Hoolahan and Smith for Norwich. Play-off material at least. V strong at the back also.

Holt is indeed a prick and no, they weren't anywhere close to being 3 goals better than us

Macca was poor tonight and Christophe didn't cover himself in glory either and the non-existent wing play from Moussa really didn't help our cause. Scannell did OK and was unlucky not to score and I thought the front two worked hard and again were both unlucky and on another night would've got themselves at least a goal each.

The Ref wasn't too bad and didn't really notice him until the latter stages, funnily enough when our goal was disallowed. :/

It was disappointing to concede the way we did after holding a workmanlike Naaarwich side to no real chances beforehand and only a few speculative poor long range shots that Mildo had covered quite easily.

The visiting support was pretty silent most of the match given that they travelled in decent numbers (as they should do having no other clubs of note near to Norwich at all).

Put simply we were out fought, out played, out muscled and out scored by a very good side. They were better than us. I actually don't think we played that badly, but we never looked like scoring after the first 10 minutes until it was too late.

I wont do markings, you don't really get any perspective from the front row of the South Lower, but Mildy made some good stops and Scannell looked lively. Malone looked out of his depth at times and what's happened to Moussa?

the lino on the west stand side was a ****

grant holt was a ****

the ref was a bit of a ****

macca was rubbish

jabo looked alright. never gonna score any goals but holds the ball up well

walker showed why he cant get a start

they were not 3 goals better than us.

Apart from the bullet header he scored then?

i must say i DISAGREE with nearly everything on here maybe its just me lol i thought MACCA was outstanding as was malone and scannel everyone else was a waste of space exept freedman when he came on mite be slow but his suttle touches are brilliant . ps sorry forgot mildy was gd to. my ratings woud be.
PS HOLT IS A CHEAT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF BEFORE HE SCORED

mildenhall 8

franno 7
barret 7
morrisson 4
malone 8

scanell 9
macca 8
christophe 5
moussa 3

barnard 7
ibehre 6

walker 5
freedman 8

i must say i DISAGREE with nearly everything on here maybe its just me lol i thought MACCA was outstanding as was malone and scannel everyone else was a waste of space exept freedman when he came on mite be slow but his suttle touches are brilliant . ps sorry forgot mildy was gd to. my ratings woud be.

mildenhall 8

franno 7
barret 7
morrisson 4
malone 8

scanell 9
macca 8
christophe 5
moussa 3

barnard 7
ibehre 6

walker 5
freedman 8

Ibehre was excellent. Morisson won loads of headers. Freedman 8? You need glasses mate

mildenhall 8

franno 7
barret 7
morrisson 4
malone 8

scanell 9
macca 8
christophe 5
moussa 3

barnard 7
ibehre 6

walker 5
freedman 8

Thank you I thought I was at the wrong match reading previous comments, I thought Macca put in a real shift for the team and worked tirelessly.

Macca did as well as could be expected considering that (as usual IMO) Christophe might as well not bothered coming out onto the pitch.

Quite frankly one of the worst midfield performances I have had the misfortune to witness in a while.

Moussa - I don't know what has happened but he has been massively out of sorts for at least a month now.

Christophe - can someone please tell him he is not playing at centre half anymore- played so deep he gets in the way of the other two centre halves. And Jeff try and use your left foot occasionally instead of turning round in circles trying to get the ball onto your right.

Macca - I honestly don't know where to begin - can't pass(to a blue shirt), can't get a shot on target , can't tackle or at least is not even getting close enough to tackle the opposition. I don't think I've seen someone look so disinterested in getting involved in the whole 90 mins. Let's hope the rumours about a move to Millwall have some truth in them!

mildenhall 8

franno 7
barret 7
morrisson 4
malone 8

scanell 9
macca 8
christophe 5
moussa 3

barnard 7
ibehre 6

walker 5
freedman 8

You are Alan McCormack and I claim my £5

Think I must have been watching a different game to some people -

Mildy - 8
Francis - 6
Morrison - 7
Barrett - 7
Malone - 6.5
Scannell - 5
Macca - 7
Christophe 7
Moussa - 5.5
Barnard - 6.5
Ibhere - 7

Think I must have been watching a different game to some people -

Mildy - 8
Francis - 6
Morrison - 7
Barrett - 7
Malone - 6.5
Scannell - 5
Macca - 7
Christophe 7
Moussa - 5.5
Barnard - 6.5
Ibhere - 7

You must of been as after Mildy you make Macca joint best.:stunned:

Very poor display tonight. We barely strung any passes together for the whole match. The lads tried their best but Norwich are in form at the moment and were much better than us on the night. We have so little flair and creativity in our team, if Barney doesn't score, then it seems like no-one will. Demoralising defeat that could signal the start of a long, hard month for us.

Mildy 7 - a few great saves, still feel like half his goal kicks go straight off for throw ins

Malone 5 - Poor set pieces, did put in 1 amazing cross in the 2nd half that nobody attacked
Barrett 6 - Struggled against Holt
Morrison 7 - Pick of the defence, looked a decent defender, looking forward to seeing more of him
Franno 6 - Some lovely crosses, still can't defend though

Moussa 4 - Awful, looks like a different player from the start of the season
Macca 5 - Very quiet, always seemed like there were big gaps in the centre of the park. Stupid, stupid challenge for the pen
JFC 6 - Better than recent weeks, distribution is still poor
Scannell 6 - Tried his best to make thingd happen but still don't think he is upto scratch

Jabo 7 - Really impressed, held the ball up well and brought other into play, had a goal ruled out
Barney 6 - No service at all, tried hard but wasn't his night

Walker 5 - Ineffective
Freedman 4 - Used to love him but gets worse every single game, bottled a few aerial challenges and kept giving the ball away when he wasn't even under pressure.

it seems opinion is mixed on here but i really did think macca was good strong and a good passer he looked so strong for a man his size

For the first time in 16 years I left before the end. It says little for the squad when (in my opinion) he better players today were Mildy and the 3 loanees. Dark days ahead I'm afraid.

What was the goal disallowed for? Looked OK to me although there were no protests.

Back