• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Chesterfield

Poor on the pitch.

Behaviour of some fans an utter disgrace. Those that came on the pitch have completely undermined the protest groups, divided the fans, were roundly booed and seemed to find it funny. I expect everyone will again say we don’t know who they are and who organises them, and we didn’t ask them to do it (whilst not asking them not to in which place they are compliant). Worst were those red card holders stupidly chanting Martin out while they were on the pitch therefore encouraging them further. To be fair the majority with the red cards were disgusted and telling them to get off. I understand the police have extensive footage so a knock at the door over the next two weeks will probably at least remove the smiles.

That all said the budget is sufficient to mean probably PB will have to fall on his sword. I take no pleasure in saying this. Bizarrely the thing that may well prevent this Ron not wanting to be seen giving in to thugs.

Edit Brown gone. No option.

The invasion was a good thing.

Sorry, but like Stan, at least they showed passion, unlike the players for the most part.
I used to think we lacked that in comparison with other clubs.
But this proves me wrong, and I'm glad of it.

I'm pleased fans believe enough is enough, even if it's as desperate as this.

I hope the pitch invaders dont claim they got rid of Brown it was obvious he would be sacked today, He more or less said so himself .I knew he would be gone when we were 2 nil down and before the pitch invasion

Never wanted Brown back (mainly due to his poor man-management) but when he was appointed I supported him in the hope that he would create a team which would compete at this level. Sadly, how wrong has that been. Things have just got worse and worse, from his recruitment to his slagging off of players and finally his bizarre team selections and set up. I said earlier, when I saw his team for today............he wants the sack. I don't know what comes next in management but it surely can't be worse.

I liked Brown first time around but to set a team up like that is just plan stubbornness and I firmly believe he never got over the Ricky Holmes saga and just thought I’ll show you .
Having said that these players are still professionals and to an extent have to shoulder a large portion of the blame - to think six of these have or where playing in league one 2 years ago is shocking

Oh what a circus, oh what a show.................. That has to be the most depressing and sad game I have ever witnessed. Phil Brown's starting XI left me open mouthed, starting the young boy Kargbo and Benji Kimpioka made absolutely no sense to me after the performance of Murphy and Dalby on Tuesday, why the **** did you do that Phil?? I did hope that he knew something we didn't and they would terrorise the Chesterfield defence, fat chance, they tried but all that was achieved was that the ball never stuck up top and the mids and the defence were permanently under siege, result? we were two goals down by half time and second best. Truthfully, the game was all but over at that point. Second half, two more goals from Chesterfield with poor young Charlie Sayers being targeted by Chesterfield at every opportunity.

So, time to bring on the Cabaret and over the wall spilled the protesters onto the pitch, causing a stoppage of 13 minutes and probably a large fine from the League. I said before the game that I hoped the invasion wouldn't happen during the game, but it seemed to me that those guys were intent on doing exactly that come hell, high water or bemused security. So it's done now, what it achieved is anyone's guess, but will it make Ron sell up?

So a heavy thumping, rubbish tactics, and an pitch invasion of disillusioned fans, a chunk of whom thought it was a huge laugh and then the afternoon was over.

We had BBC Essex on in the car coming home and were treated to Stan giving it the big one about what needed to be done. He may be right, but truthfully I don't give a **** at this precise moment. The Club is in a state, the manager has shown he is clueless on the tactics front and should be sacked tonight and a group of our supporters made me feel ashamed and thinking maybe I don't want to watch those antics every home game.

Oh what a circus, oh what a show.................. That has to be the most depressing and sad game I have ever witnessed. Phil Brown's starting XI left me open mouthed, starting the young boy Kargbo and Benji Kimpioka made absolutely no sense to me after the performance of Murphy and Dalby on Tuesday, why the **** did you do that Phil?? I did hope that he knew something we didn't and they would terrorise the Chesterfield defence, fat chance, they tried but all that was achieved was that the ball never stuck up top and the mids and the defence were permanently under siege, result? we were two goals down by half time and second best. Truthfully, the game was all but over at that point. Second half, two more goals from Chesterfield with poor young Charlie Sayers being targeted by Chesterfield at every opportunity.

So, time to bring on the Cabaret and over the wall spilled the protesters onto the pitch, causing a stoppage of 13 minutes and probably a large fine from the League. I said before the game that I hoped the invasion wouldn't happen during the game, but it seemed to me that those guys were intent on doing exactly that come hell, high water or bemused security. So it's done now, what it achieved is anyone's guess, but will it make Ron sell up?

So a heavy thumping, rubbish tactics, and an pitch invasion of disillusioned fans, a chunk of whom thought it was a huge laugh and then the afternoon was over.

We had BBC Essex on in the car coming home and were treated to Stan giving it the big one about what needed to be done. He may be right, but truthfully I don't give a **** at this precise moment. The Club is in a state, the manager has shown he is clueless on the tactics front and should be sacked tonight and a group of our supporters made me feel ashamed and thinking maybe I don't want to watch those antics every home game.
Brown has been sacked

Was there a game today?

Phil selects a side that gets him the sack.

First half Danny Rowe had 2 shots and they both went in. Scored a pen in the second to add to the goal he scored for Bradford City here in January. How far back do we go to find someone who has scored 4 goals at Roots Hall in just 2 games! Oh and he is a sprightly 32 at the end of January.

I’ve been happy to give Demetriou the benefit of the doubt so far but today he was so slow and with Atkinson in front of him woeful.

Their third such a carbon copy of goals we concede.

It’s clear that Conference Refs just turn a blind eye to all the pulling, holding and nudging that goes on. When are we going to wise up. You have to fall over to get a free kick.

What a waste of a day.

Poor on the pitch.

Behaviour of some fans an utter disgrace. Those that came on the pitch have completely undermined the protest groups, divided the fans, were roundly booed and seemed to find it funny. I expect everyone will again say we don’t know who they are and who organises them, and we didn’t ask them to do it (whilst not asking them not to in which place they are compliant). Worst were those red card holders stupidly chanting Martin out while they were on the pitch therefore encouraging them further. To be fair the majority with the red cards were disgusted and telling them to get off. I understand the police have extensive footage so a knock at the door over the next two weeks will probably at least remove the smiles.

That all said the budget is sufficient to mean probably PB will have to fall on his sword. I take no pleasure in saying this. Bizarrely the thing that may well prevent this Ron not wanting to be seen giving in to thugs.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here.

Firstly, yes there were a few boos, mostly from the main stand. The type who sit I the east are typically older and like to sit on their hands and bring a flask of tea in winter. But a larger majority of the ground, including the away support were very supportive.

Even if you don't support the action, surely you must support the purpose?

As for knocks on doors from the police. You need a reality check. Someone I know got burgled and had to wait 5 days for the police to turn up, but you think a few people running on a pitch with a banner is gonna feature on crime watch.

As for the pitch invasion during the match. I'm not sure I agree but having said that it was precipitated by a steward shoving a fan over the wall and cracking his head open. Blood everywhere. It's seemed to inflame an already tense situation and was un called for.

I didn't see it personally but I've heard that Nathan Ferguson threw a punch at someone (fan) also. I'm sure if this is the case it will be on social media soon enough.

Poor on the pitch.

Thanks Ron

Back