• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Chesterfield

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Jeez it is hard to know where to start after that. I seem to be starting these posts recently where all i can add is more doom and gloom and quite frankly it is depressing.. Another huge defeat with some very bizarre team selections again from PB.

I guess it was no surprise to some that after going 4 down at home and the decline of our club over 3 years that some of the fans would kick off. It has been heading that way for weeks and most understand their frustrations and demonstrations, although IMO invading the pitch and stopping the game is not what is needed atm but it is now reaching fever pitch as shown today.

Surely after this result PB and his backroom team cannot hold their positions anymore? We need serious change on and off the pitch.

Over to you guys.

Jeez it is hard to know where to start after that. I seem to be starting these posts recently where all i can add is more doom and gloom and quite frankly it is depressing.. Another huge defeat with some very bizarre team selections again from PB.

I guess it was no surprise to some that after going 4 down at home and the decline of our club over 3 years that some of the fans would kick off. It has been heading that way for weeks and most understand their frustrations and demonstrations, although IMO invading the pitch and stopping the game is not what is needed atm but it is now reaching fever pitch as shown today.

Surely after this result PB and his backroom team cannot hold his position anymore? We need serious change on and off the pitch.

Over to you guys.
What can you say......

The radio is going off and I'm going out in the garden to chillax.

I was genuinely hoping that the team could build on the midweek success.

That hope soon dissipated after the appalling first half tactics of trying to get the ball Kargbo at all costs. Chesterfield had the pitch well covered and it was clear plan A was doomed to failure.

Plan B was no better at all and the managerial ineptitude was apparent. Time to sweep this lot out of the club. We’ll only suffer another relegation if they stay.

Hats off to the demonstrators, enough is enough and well done on voicing your grievances. Here’s hoping they’ll be listened to!

Martin dumping Brown will be a quick deflection, but that won't wash hopefully with the fans.

Yes hitting the club financially will hurt but at what point is a mass boycott going to happen. Such sad and conflicting times.

Go on the pitch = fines, points deductions but keeps pressure. Martin says he won't sell but it's one of the few things the fans can do.

Nothing = Martin is as you were but with no points deductions, fines.

Either action comes with some form of consequence. Sigh.

Pre match pitch invasions just before kick off required, until Ron puts together a mutually beneficial exit strategy and we get our club back.
And I mean sit in pitch invasions where we don’t budge for several hours. Pitch invasions by the thousand.
The fans of this club are incredible. The crap they’ve put up with for the last three years - no more. Time for us to fight back. Backsides on ground people.

Surely after this result PB and his backroom team cannot hold their positions anymore? We need serious change on and off the pitch.

Over to you guys.
Just this.
The Off the pitch saga with the ground & the clubs future is obviously having a direct bearing on our fortunes on the pitch.

There is a feeling of chronic decline & pessimism throughout our club & I don’t know that yet another new manager & a few players will do much to change that.

The only 2 hopes are for the new ground to be built sooner rather than later (ha bloody ha) or for a takeover bid, & sorry Stan, but I don’t place much confidence in that becoming a reality anytime soon.

I genuinely fear for the future of SUFC.?

Gutted that we have an irrelevant match next weekend against Chertsey to relieve the pressure when change must happen now! Even if we somehow scrape a win next weekend it’s only delaying the inevitable. I supported Phil Brown the first time but he has shown himself to be woefully out of his depth and must go. Preferably with Martin too but I recognise that isn’t going to happen.

Back