• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Harrogate town

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well not the best of starts and in all honesty actually terrible.

Over to you lot.

It's my fault. On the day the fixtures were announced I posted the following:

Hell. That's a difficult start. Harrogate will be so full of adrenaline for their first League game they could roll us over. Then the longest trip of the season to Carlisle. Then to top it all bloomin' Morecambe who always beat us.........

It's gonna be a long season....

Well, any optimism following the appointment of MM has now surely gone. He has a very, very difficult job. Three games, three defeats, no goals.

We’ve got a squad that is bereft of experienced players and those that we have are in the main injured. We have no strength in depth, as was shown on Tuesday. Awful times and the embargo must be lifted and we must get a few in to protect these young players.

Boys 0 Men 4

Today we looked like exactly what we are, young and woefully inexperienced. I still think we have someone potentially special in our new manager but he simply hasn't got anything to work with as half our players should not be anywhere near a competent and competitive first team. Harrogate didn't even look like a good side. And they didn't need to be.

Honestly, right now, I'd shake your hand off for retention of our League status.

Weakest squad in all my time of supporting this club. If a comparison is made with when Sturrock inherited Ron's last mess you would say that you had a squad of capable pro's who just needed time to gel after their first game. This squad simply don't resemble a competitive team in the making and the one or two experienced players we have will struggle to have any impact. Ron had better sort this mess he's created on the financial side otherwise a 22k stadium for the National League will be his legacy

I'm playing cricket so missed the game. I've said all season the only aims this season are to stay in business and stay in the league. I stand by that. Very bad start but a long way to go

Oxley – 2
Bwonono – 4
Hobson – 3
Taylor – 4
Ralph – 5
Egbri – 4
Gard – 4
Hutchinson – 4
Green – 5
Goodship – 4
Kelman – 5

The worst performance I’ve ever seen in the pro game, topped off with the worst goal I’ve seen a team concede.

Looking forward to hearing how many lessons we’ve learnt from that in the post match interviews.

Naive and inexperienced at the back combined with a non-existent strike force. Brandon needs to be Goodshipped back to the National Leagues, he is utter garbage. We need at least 4 experienced players brought in ASAP, otherwise I fear we could be playing football in the conference next year.

A second wave is our only hope of staying up this season. Quite frankly if we don't get wound up on the 16th we will go down

Please let this be the lowest point of our season. First day back and there always some relative upsets. I hope and naively think we will improve enough to survive, but MM needs to tear the experienced players out there a new one after today.

Back