• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 0-4 Harrogate Town

Try reading the second sentence...

We can argue all day if you like. The first sentence is a statement. If the kick is taken and players don’t have time to get out the box play is allowed to play on. Much in the same way as opting to take a quick free kick.
The second sentence is a separate statement.

We can argue all day if you like. The first sentence is a statement. If the kick is taken and players don’t have time to get out the box play is allowed to play on. Much in the same way as opting to take a quick free kick.
The second sentence is a separate statement.
I read it as giving more context to the first, if the player who is in the penalty area when the kick is taken challenges for the ball then the kick is retaken.

The ball is in play the minute it’s kicked. It refers (strangely) to players entering the box and playing the ball before it’s in play.

The first sentence is very clear. If the players don’t have time to retreat outside and you choose to put the ball in play, play is allowed to continue.

Ref is NOT to blame for the 3rd goal. You play to the whistle, its not ****ing hard! Bwomono for the second time this season with weak marking has conceded us a goal.

I'd never let a striker turn me like that let alone get a shot away

The ball is in play the minute it’s kicked. It refers (strangely) to players entering the box and playing the ball before it’s in play.

The first sentence is very clear. If the players don’t have time to retreat outside and you choose to put the ball in play, play is allowed to continue.
It says ”in the penalty area when the kick is taken”. I read the first sentence as that the referee should not insist on the goal kick being retaken purely because an opponent is in the penalty area. All rather academic and I’m not a qualified referee so I may be wrong.

There were no highlights for us .....pure and simple we were outplayed and apart from a 10 minute spell looked like a young Sunday league side being bullied all over the park .Everything at the moment is simply dictated by Ron's financial position.There are no positives at the moment we are playing catch up with a novice manager appointed at the last possible moment .With a team lacking any real experience and quality in key areas.... who again were only recalled at the last minute so even match fitness was lacking.This is far ,far worse than the 2010 situation

I’m still a little confused with the 4th. As it doesn’t look like the ball goes out of play but you definitely here the referee whistle. No way that’s the refs fault mind!

Whilst most of us are trying to forget yesterday's abject performance, the club have put the "highlights" up 4 times on the YouTube channel! ?

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 11.43.46.png

Try reading the second sentence...
The second sentence says if a challenge or block is made before the ball is in play then it's a foul. That doesn't apply to this case since Hobson took 2 touches before an attempt for the ball was made, so the challenge was made after the ball was already in play.

But even then, if the ref doesn’t blow then you carry on playing. Crazy ball to play in the first place.

I totally agree, was just explaining his reaction. The worse part though was Oxley's positioning; just left the goal open for the guy to pass it into!

Back