• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JIMSDAD

Schoolboy
Congratulations to Neil Harris

Just got home from watching 75 minutes of the best display of coaching I have seen in 46 years of supporting Southend United.
Well done Chops!
Knew the weak spots prior to the JPT win. Worked on exploiting them, because he must have realised that the Northern idiot has so entrenched his Clean Sheet Mentality in his team, that there is no Plan B. All from a manager that has less than 6 months experience.
I still believe that our team is as high in the League IN SPITE of Phil Brown and not because of him.

Well there's a reality check...
:'(:'(:'(

Just got home from watching 75 minutes of the best display of coaching I have seen in 46 years of supporting Southend United.
Well done Chops!
Knew the weak spots prior to the JPT win. Worked on exploiting them, because he must have realised that the Northern idiot has so entrenched his Clean Sheet Mentality in his team, that there is no Plan B. All from a manager that has less than 6 months experience.
I still believe that our team is as high in the League IN SPITE of Phil Brown and not because of him.
No plan B?

We have changed formation from 4411 which we were playing till a few games ago to not only play 2 strikers but have Payne in the hole behind them.

Interesting you think that playing more attacking players is clean sheet mentality when it led to us conceding 4 goals at home.

I posted this on the official thread, will do it here as well.

I'm just going to put this here:

Season 2015 -

*Promotion from League 2
*A fantastic day out at Wembley
*The play-off final at home against Stevenage where it had absolutely everything.
*Derby win over Colchester
*7th or 8th in League 1 at the end of 2015.

Today was s***, no doubt about it, but this team has given us one wonderful ride in 2015.

Forget about today, reminisce over the above points, and let's get back behind the team in 2016.

Happy New Year everybody.

Bentley 4
Coker 3
Barrett 3
Thompson 5
White 4
Worrall 4
Leonard 3
Atkinson 3
Payne 4
Hunt 3
Mooney 3

Subs
Mclaughlin 3
Deegan 4
Piggott 3

Brown 1. Learnt absolutely nothing from the defeat to Millwall in the JPT.

Bad say at the office. Move on.

Brown should learn to set up a team to fit the opposition. Warned in the JPT.

Let them stay out there until they score, least that way they will be warmed up for Doncaster

For 20 minutes it was not good from them or us.
Some offsides against you know who.
The first goal was poor but the 2nd was dreadful mistake by Dan. The third was a killer blow at the very wrong time.
Phil made some changes and we did have a bit more balance but no ambition.
Did we have an attempt on goal?
Hindsight is great but I would have started with almost the same line up so I can't blame PB for that.
I don't think Ben Coker was fit either at Col Ewe or today.
We lost today's game, IMO, in the midfield where for large periods Jack and Wozza were not involved, Lennie and Atko too far back from Hunt and an increasingly frustrating Mooney.
Team selection against Donny will be interesting!
It's 3 points dropped and some BIG lessons to learn from.

There should have been fresh faces today despite the win at Colchester. We have a big enough squad.

No plan B?

We have changed formation from 4411 which we were playing till a few games ago to not only play 2 strikers but have Payne in the hole behind them.

Interesting you think that playing more attacking players is clean sheet mentality when it led to us conceding 4 goals at home.
Agree that he has changed formation with 2 strikers but Payne is playing wide midfield and not in the hole.

Well, Phil put the wrong side out but it's easy with hindsight. We can't score against a tall stocky defence, and defensive mid like that. Full marks to Neil. Phil should of set up for the point in this one. Still, there we go. It's been a great year for us. Now our shortcomings have been fully exposed today I hope we can address them all in the transfer window. Roll on Donny. I hope they don't bring that effing bear with them. If they do that bear is going down.

Im gonna chalk this down to a one off & a bad day at the office, what is important is that we bounce back to winning ways on Saturday.

I believe the last time we lost a league fixture at Roots Hall 4-0, was just over 9 years ago (9 years, 5 days to be exact).. when we lost to 4-0 to Birmingham City on Saturday 23rd December 2006. Adam Barrett may recall it, as he was unused sub at that game.
I dont mind waiting another 9 years again for that scoreline to repeat itself!!

Although its always depressing to lose, I was praying for a win, expecting a draw, but wouldnt have been too shocked in reality if we lost this game. What did surprise me though, was the manner of our defeat, even I will have to admit that 4-0 was a fair scoreline at the final whiste. Yes, we could say that one goal was questionable as it was "out of Play" and Bentley's own goal was a bit of a fluke, but to be fair to Millwall they could have had another 2 odd goals in my opinion.

Whats irked me a bit was that even before kick off (should we have lost 1-0) we would have not dropped a position unless Bradford won an unlikely 5-0 victory against Sheffield United to jump above us, now that deficit has been reduced to 2 goals.

Oooh well, onwards on upwards, & bring on the Donnies!!

Finally, I would like to say a massive thank you to the 8,400 shrimpers that attended the game today to show their love and loyal support for the "Only Team In Essex".

UTB :happy:

Shocking display. Left before the final whistle for possibly the first time ever, as I just couldn't justify sitting in all that traffic to watch another 5-10 minutes of that crap. The only player who can even slightly put their hand up and say they had a fairish game was Thompson. The rest were absolutely appalling.

No need for half of Shrimperzone to hit the panic button and start calling people out, as we're still well above where we expected to be going into the new year at the start of the season and were 4th in the form table heading into this. Bad day at the office, lets forget it now. It's how we react to this and how we bounce back in the next game which will really define our season.

Thought we looked tired and lustre out there today with no creativity or flair. Perhaps Brown should have changed things around but then again he probably thought to himself do you change winning side?
Let's hope this was "just a bad day at the office" and that we pick ourselves up from this, brush ourselves down and get on with the job come Saturday.

It's how you respond to a score and performance like that ! That's all I'll say today. It was poor very poor, but I won't bite on some the bait that will be left on the zone today .

All i will say is, if someone said to me at 00.01 hours 1st January 2015 that we would be in the top 10 in League 1, looking at the play offs this time in 12 months time I would have snapped their hands off, even in "spite" of Brown !!

Bring on Doncaster, in the whole, a fantastic 2015 !

UTB's

Before the season started we would have been in dreamland if offered 37 points from 23 games.

Millwall were superior and we were poor very poor,15 points ASAP please lads.

Back