• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 0-4 Oxford United

They actually missed out the chance Macca had before the break, where he chose to pull it back instead of shooting.

1st - Embarrassing from Taylor
2nd - Embarrassing from Dieng
3rd - Embarrassing from Milligan
4th - Embarrassing from Cox

Bishop doesn’t cover himself (or his posts) in glory for any of them either.

Seen that reaction from Cox somewhere before... oh yeah, when he tossed off Pre season training thinking he didn’t need it

Disgraceful individual errors all round. You can lay all the ground work you like on the training field but when your centre half does that 50 seconds into a game what’s a manager supposed to do? This lot are ****

Some of the worst defending I’ve seen in professional football ...

“Professional”

They get paid to do that???
This is supposed to be some form of entertainment- maybe for the rest of the country, not Southend fans. Comedy for them, Horror for us.

Groundhog Day - individual errors , no reaction to second balls and general laziness , not sure what getting the players fitter would of done .....it’s about desire and silliness to win the ball , keep it .
Oxford won the game at a cantor

Watching your own football club has never been entertaining.

It's a mix of emotions, mainly built around frustration and disappointment, occasionally punctuated by moments of excitement that are never to be forgotten.

As an investment in time and emotion, compared to satisfaction, it is highly unprofitable.

Watching your own football club has never been entertaining.

It's a mix of emotions, mainly built around frustration and disappointment, occasionally punctuated by moments of excitement that are never to be forgotten.

As an investment in time and emotion, compared to satisfaction, it is highly unprofitable.
Aristotle meets Descartes here!

We actually passed the ball to them for all 4 goals. Taylor, Dieng, Kiernan then Cox. Young Bish was only in the right position for the first goal. Making it so easy for their strikers. What he is doing hugging the post on the third, I don't know.

I've just watched that first goal again.

What on earth is Dieng doing. What sort of position is that to try and receive a pass from Taylor. Talk about confusing for the young lad.

The second, it starts with Kiernan having nowhere to pass forwards so turning and passing back to Dieng. It sums everything up of how hesitant everything is.

On the 2nd goal, Kiernan then makes no attempt to get inside the line of the post, giving the fella a free shot into that corner.

Both goals wholly avoidable with basic thinking.

Last edited:
"What on earth is Dieng doing. What sort of position is that to try and receive a pass from Taylor."

That pass was an option (albeit dreadful). We might have groaned at a long ball to Hopper but...
He was also "skinned" for the Oxford chance that hit the post.

In fairness, Mark Sykes dummied him and had a couple of yards on him after that. He wasn't outpaced as such, just started and finished a couple of yards behind him.

My point on the first goal is, after 55 seconds, Taylor should be playing the ball upfield and our defence should be pushing up and penning Oxford back to nearer the halfway line.

If you remember the 2nd half kick-off, it was immediately launched into the North West corner by Oxford.

At the start of both halves, we didn't get out of our own half for the first 2-3 minutes.

In fairness, Mark Sykes dummied him and had a couple of yards on him after that. He wasn't outpaced as such, just started and finished a couple of yards behind him.

My point on the first goal is, after 55 seconds, Taylor should be playing the ball upfield and our defence should be pushing up and penning Oxford back to nearer the halfway line.

If you remember the 2nd half kick-off, it was immediately launched into the North West corner by Oxford.

At the start of both halves, we didn't get out of our own half for the first 2-3 minutes.
Throughout the 1st half that was all Sol was saying (at one point I thought he would self-combust!) - they seems too scared to actually do it though - as one point Kiernan looked over as Sol was saying that but still didn't push up!- Sol also kept saying 2nd ball a lot...I don't think we won ANY:Thumbs down:

Oh dear. Every bit as bad as I remember

I also watched Sol plead, beg, shout then lose the will to live as everyone in defence ignored his pleas to push up. He has some job ahead of him

Back