• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0, Coventry City 2

Coventry played with patience and composure. You can see what Mark Robins wants them to do and they've bought into the idea of playing it short and into feet. At times their link up play was as good as any this season from anyone.

In contrast, all our players needed three or four touches and were constantly looking for help on the ball. A side lacking in all that Coventry thrived on.

Football goes in cycles. It wasn't that long ago we beat Coventry 3-1 at RH and they were shocking and were relegated.

We have some great youngsters who will only grow as a team in the division below.

Lots to be positive about, so long as we keep giving them their heads and gel them into a team.

What's the deal with Hutchinson, btw?

How players like Goodship and Barratt are in ahead of him is baffling.

Tom Clifford looks a quality footballer to me. Got that bit of time and composure on the ball that others lack.

Liam Walsh was on a different level, for them.

I’ve only seen him play twice Tuesday and today and I think we have a real player there. He doesn’t look like someone who has been chucked in at the deep end. He’s playing like how Elvis is, like a senior pro.

Agreed, both weren’t very good or effective today would much rather have seen Hutch get more game time.

I suspect his dad wants him to get a move to a club where he MAY get more game time.

I suspect his dad is a very strong influence on Issac, maybe some good but also some not.
The club want to keep Issac BUT will it work out for us and the player.

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly appears that off-field issues are at play.

Coventry chucked their player on after 55 minutes to change the game and we leave it until 80 minutes.

I could understand if we were playing well, but Barratt's first touch is way off and Goodship seems to be a shadow chaser most of the game.

Hutchinson has confidence, runs with the ball and hits a mean dead ball too.

I think it's quite clear that Sol doesn't like him/his dad. Cutting off his nose to spite his face because he is the only real creative force we have.

I suspect his dad wants him to get a move to a club where he MAY get more game time.

I suspect his dad is a very strong influence on Issac, maybe some good but also some not.
The club want to keep Issac BUT will it work out for us and the player.

It's a shame for Isaac but I think you are right judging from our experiences of his Dad on SZ. Isaac was really needed on the pitch today.

A gulf in class... most noticeable when they made their subs... Scorer of their first goal on loan from Aston Villa...... Nuff Said..

Maybe his defensive work? He doesn’t really tackle or head the ball. I think too often he just runs into trouble when he could pass the ball.

I thought Clifford was excellent, Elvis was good as well. Everyone put a shift in which is all you can ask.

Barratt just doesn't look like a footballer. Really wanted it to work for him but it's just not happening for. Needs to be dropped next game.

Coventry played with patience and composure. You can see what Mark Robins wants them to do and they've bought into the idea of playing it short and into feet. At times their link up play was as good as any this season from anyone.

In contrast, all our players needed three or four touches and were constantly looking for help on the ball. A side lacking in all that Coventry thrived on.

Football goes in cycles. It wasn't that long ago we beat Coventry 3-1 at RH and they were shocking and were relegated.

We have some great youngsters who will only grow as a team in the division below.

Lots to be positive about, so long as we keep giving them their heads and gel them into a team.

What was really noticeable was that they always had options and seemed to be thinking two passes ahead.Even when they played it out from the back the keeper would move across outside of his goal to give an option. Very impressive

I think it's quite clear that Sol doesn't like him/his dad. Cutting off his nose to spite his face because he is the only real creative force we have.

Or, perhaps, making it clear that management manages? Too many kids with pushy parents and agents, too much "player power." In my opinion we need a strong, consistent approach going forward - this is it, fit in or **** off. The team is everything, commit to that or you are out. Ranger lack of discipline, Cox rumours, Jack Bridge, now Hutch etc. Whoever is manager, that is what is needed.

Hutch is easily better than Egbri, (and arguably the other two you mention). I can't understand why he'd be left on the bench.

Its clear Sol doesn't rate Hutchinson butI if some of you think it is because of his father then you are judging Sol by your own petty standards. This is professional football not an under 8's Sunday side.

I would say its more to do with proving a point to Ron.....Sol would have let him go but Ron overruled him......Either way Hutch should be starting and he should be on set pieces.

Back