• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's easy to do rating today because some many were average and just because we won the game doesn't automatically mean that should get more than a 6.

Oxley - 7 Make a good save, that deserves more than a 6.
Demetriou - 6 I'm glad he had a pop in the second half and forced a decent save from their goalkeeper, someone had to shoot!
White - 7
Ferdinand - 6 Looked better but by no means assured, although others have he won a lot in the air I beg to differ and thought White won far more than him.
Timlin - 5 It couldn't be less... A 5 signifies that he didn't have a good game. Hendrie wasn't even on the bench though. Maybe this is a bit more than a lack of confidence.
Wright - 7 I think he'd be more creative in the middle than Wordsworth when he gets a chance. He wants to pass the ball and he wants to do it quickly. He could pull the stings...
Leonard - 8 Need I say more?
Wordsworth - 6
Kightly - 6
Cox - 6
Fortune - 6

Chump, why mention Barcelona. You know exactly what I mean by better opposition so stop making yourself look stupid with pathetic responses

Don't call me chump and you're the only one being stupid with your pathetic comments time after time - if you're not happy, jog on and go and support someone else.

Don't call me chump and you're the only one being stupid with your pathetic comments time after time - if you're not happy, jog on and go and support someone else.

Take your rose tinted glasses on and see what's happening. I am happy with 3 points tonight, supported the players in their endeavours, poor as they are, but they can only play the way they are told to play, the way they are coached.

Thank goodness we have Ryan Leonard and Mark Oxley. Shocking first half, Timlin should be dropped, an out of form player being played out of position isn't helpful. Wright OK, White good first half and faded, Ferdinand should retire, Demi isn't a defender. Still a lucky three points

Demi is an attacking right back. The runs he makes into the box are exciting to watch and therefore he isn't the best of defenders. If he was he'd be playing at a higher level. It's a trade off. Unfortunately we have a bunch of muppets in the box who dont know how to get on the end of crosses.

The problem is some learned supporters have an agenda, to have the manager removed at whatever cost. The interesting thing is none of them have a solution of who would be a good fit as a manger.

Maybe not, but we have a good team for this level and the Manager is not or cannot get the best out of them for whatever reason and these are his players.
Sadly we have never had that attacking flair under Phil, because that is no his forte or it would appear his back up team of assistants, scouts etc. but 4 years is fair amount of time and personally I think the whole set up needs 'fresh eyes' - and no I don't have a magical answer as to who that should be, but there are a fair few out there that I would certainly let have a go.

Just seen Leonard's goal on Sky's "goal express". It's being nominated for goal of the day.

No doubt it was a worldly!!... He's gotta be proud of that!!

Not one corner was a threat, long throws were pointles, free kicks nothing. Awful performance saved by Oxley & Lenny.

First half was atrocious but I thought we played alright in the second half even if it was dull. Kightly should have scored, Cox somehow missed a free header from 5 yards out and ballooned another one over the bar, Demitriou also put in some threatening balls. We badly need to work on our shooting but the build up play was there second half. Aside from the moment they hit the bar I can't think of a time Bury threatened to score in the second half as well.

watching the strikers warm up it was no surprise none of them made a worthwhile shot on goal in the game
As for Cox...Can he shoot on target- no. Does he follow up shots by team mates who can shoot - nope
Compared to MAF who is dependable - Cox is pants im afraid
RL....class goal and good hes got the skill and confidence to shoot.
JD...nearly always hits target with powerful shots in every game and still mostly makes it back to cover. Thought he closed out theyre winger very well today as well two shots that put cox to shame
Good 3 points in terrible conditions

It's easy to do rating today because some many were average and just because we won the game doesn't automatically mean that should get more than a 6.

Oxley - 7 Make a good save, that deserves more than a 6.
Demetriou - 6 I'm glad he had a pop in the second half and forced a decent save from their goalkeeper, someone had to shoot!
White - 7
Ferdinand - 6 Looked better but by no means assured, although others have he won a lot in the air I beg to differ and thought White won far more than him.
Timlin - 5 It couldn't be less... A 5 signifies that he didn't have a good game. Hendrie wasn't even on the bench though. Maybe this is a bit more than a lack of confidence.
Wright - 7 I think he'd be more creative in the middle than Wordsworth when he gets a chance. He wants to pass the ball and he wants to do it quickly. He could pull the stings...
Leonard - 8 Need I say more?
Wordsworth - 6
Kightly - 6
Cox - 6
Fortune - 6

Hendrie wasn't on the bench due to a slight knock to his knee in training Friday:sad:

Maybe not, but we have a good team for this level and the Manager is not or cannot get the best out of them for whatever reason and these are his players.
Sadly we have never had that attacking flair under Phil, because that is no his forte or it would appear his back up team of assistants, scouts etc. but 4 years is fair amount of time and personally I think the whole set up needs 'fresh eyes' - and no I don't have a magical answer as to who that should be, but there are a fair few out there that I would certainly let have a go.
Let me guess, you still don't have any actual idea. Just a question on who would you like?

Three points against a really poor Bury side who will struggle to stay in this division. Just a few moments before we scored I text my son "got 0-0 written all over it. We don't shoot".

Last season, we had a period where we scared the life out of teams when going forward. We were quick, incisive and goals were flowing. This season, we are shot shy, goal shy and seem to be scared to take responsibility. I have no idea what has happened. It's not like Cox, Fortune and Ranger aren't quality strikers.

But today.... it wasn't AS BAD as many are saying. I'd sum it up as "frustrating". We seemed unable to make simple passes. I lost count of the number of passes that either went to no-one or a white shirt. We didn't attack with any purpose - too many cut backs, too many "pass options". All this, and we were still miles better than them.

Good points.
Leonard, what a difference he makes in midfield. Cracking goal. What will we do when he leaves either in January or at the end of the season?
Kightly, yes, he was rusty, but it is one name off the injured list and we will be a better team with him in it.
Wright & Dimi. I thought they worked well together, again. I don't think its a co-incidence that Dimi has massively improved since Wright joined.
Anton. Maybe an easy day at the office, but looked better than he had been so far this season.

Not so good
Timlin. This is difficult. The man is clearly going to be a SUFC legend. He is playing out of position. And he isn't good enough I am afraid. I am never going to get on his back, but today was poor. We have a left back, we should play the left back.
Cox / Ranger / Fortune. Individually, I can't fault their effort, work rate - but their job is to create or score goals. None of them seem too keen to shoot, and none of them seem to want to take a gamble in the penalty box.

We have a good team at this BECAUSE of the manager.

We also have improved every season under PB, to the point where we should consider ourselves to be comfortable at this level.

So, on that basis, there is absolutely no need for "fresh eyes".

Maybe we all got a bit spoiled last year with our finish. But if you think being mid table in this division in your third season, you may wish to look at Port Vale, Swindon, Crawley, Chesterfield.... all of whom had excellent first and second seasons in this division.

Other than the goal, my highlight of the day was finding a free parking space near the station.

"It's all about results" but honestly, who wants to be bored stupid and pay for it?

I sense many a flat cap has been neatly pressed and is being proudly donned. I am sure we cannot belieeeevve it that we are 3 points off the playoffs when clearly we should be at the foot of the table..

On the other hand we are not playing our best by far and we are just 3 points off and we have a squad well capable of going on a run. Apologies for the positive thought- someone seems of have nicked my flat cap..

Back