• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-0 Scunthorpe

A bitter/sweet day for me yesterday. I was very much looking forward to the game and I was lifted by the team selection, meaning the embargo had obviously been removed.

Even though there was only 2000 in the ground, the way it was set out meant there were fans in all parts of the stadium, giving it a "full" feel and the noise was very welcome. In my 51 years of supporting, it was the longest I have been away from the ground. The effort put in by the players was certainly up a notch and how great to actually hear the sound of the tackles, the thump of the ball, my word what a difference.

15 minutes gone and my phone rings - it's the hospital advising that my 85 year old Mother (she had been in there for a week) had rapidly deteriorated having tested positive for Covid just 2 days prior (the day she should have come home).

After a couple of quick phone calls they agreed to let me in to see her, as she was unresponsive. I left the ground and went to the hospital where they gave me full PPE. I saw her and was able to say a few things I needed to. I'd like to think she could hear me.

I sadly ventured got home, got out of my potentially Covid infected clothing and into the shower, turning on iFollow just a minute or so before Mr Olyinka stroked home the winner. I like to think Mum had a hand in that! Unfortunately I will miss the Grimsby game as I am now in isolation, but I'm so glad I had that time with her. Unfortunately she passed away at 6:30 this morning but I wouldn't swap those few minutes for the world.

So for me, it will be 2021 before I get back to the Hall (can't make Boxing Day) but with a repeat of the effort yesterday, I'm confident we will stay up.

Blue Army!

So sorry to hear this.

Fully appreciate how emotional it is when your team comes through for you when you need it too. My dad passed away a few days after our 2015 playoff win. He told me to go from his hospital bed and you know the rest of the story. Never thought they’d let me down even in the 121st minute.

A bitter/sweet day for me yesterday. I was very much looking forward to the game and I was lifted by the team selection, meaning the embargo had obviously been removed.

Even though there was only 2000 in the ground, the way it was set out meant there were fans in all parts of the stadium, giving it a "full" feel and the noise was very welcome. In my 51 years of supporting, it was the longest I have been away from the ground. The effort put in by the players was certainly up a notch and how great to actually hear the sound of the tackles, the thump of the ball, my word what a difference.

15 minutes gone and my phone rings - it's the hospital advising that my 85 year old Mother (she had been in there for a week) had rapidly deteriorated having tested positive for Covid just 2 days prior (the day she should have come home).

After a couple of quick phone calls they agreed to let me in to see her, as she was unresponsive. I left the ground and went to the hospital where they gave me full PPE. I saw her and was able to say a few things I needed to. I'd like to think she could hear me.

I sadly ventured got home, got out of my potentially Covid infected clothing and into the shower, turning on iFollow just a minute or so before Mr Olyinka stroked home the winner. I like to think Mum had a hand in that! Unfortunately I will miss the Grimsby game as I am now in isolation, but I'm so glad I had that time with her. Unfortunately she passed away at 6:30 this morning but I wouldn't swap those few minutes for the world.

So for me, it will be 2021 before I get back to the Hall (can't make Boxing Day) but with a repeat of the effort yesterday, I'm confident we will stay up.

Blue Army!

My thoughts are with you. I’m so glad that they allowed you to see her. All the best.

Blue Army!
Sincere and deep condolences. I am so sorry for your loss but I was touched to learn that even on such a sad day you were able to derive some comfort from the result.
May she Rest In Peace. My thoughts, and, those of many others I suspect, are with her.

Blue Army!

So very sorry for your loss to this terrible disease.
I just hope it serves as a timely reminder to those in the ground no adhering to safety measures that this awful pandemic is very real and everyone needs to do their part still to keep others safe.
Very sad times we live in

Slightly more recent than that I make it: Soccerbase has him doing 90 mins in a 2-0 home win against Rochdale on the 2nd of March 2019 then 90 mins away at Plymouth on the 9th of March

Sorry your right- I referenced the beginning of that run in the team not the end- it was late and I had taken substantial refreshments..

I only got to watch the 1st half as I was dragged Xmas shopping. I am encouraged to see all the praise for Hart and the MOTM from some posters. He looked a bit off his game in the 1st half IMO there were a few passes off the pitch and a few bad decisions, which is understandable given his lack of matches lately. He did look as though he was growing into the game and must have had a great 2nd half!

Reactions: Ted

Blue Army!
So sorry fbm for the loss of your dear Mum, cant imagine what a very sad and poignant afternoon it must have been. Your Mum for sure is watching over you, sending lots of love x

I sadly ventured home, got out of my potentially Covid infected clothing and into the shower, turning on iFollow just a minute or so before Mr Olayinka stroked home the winner. I like to think Mum had a hand in that! I will miss the Grimsby game as I am now in isolation, but I'm so glad I had that time with her. Unfortunately she passed away at 6:30 this morning but I wouldn't swap those few minutes for the world.

Blue Army!
So sorry for you loss, really does put things in perspective. Thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Back