• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Finally a win and a goal at home!!! :happy: Closing in on the autos!!

Post all reports and ratings in here please.

About time we had a bit of luck go our way, big three points that and now we look good for at least a playoff place:thumbsup:

It's a fantastic win, as we looked likely to get an frustrating draw, then we had luck going our way. Look at Exeter & Plymouth, who chasing the play off place, all got beat & we are 9 pts clear of 8th place. It's all set up for Shrewsbury away, I hope we are the first side to beat them at their ground!!

Very poor today, York were by far the better team. Bentley made a fantastic save quite early in the game when the ball was destined for the top corner. Made another couple of good saves after in the first half. We had our first shot on goal in the 42nd minute.

Piggott looks strong, fast and determined. Did so well winning the penalty. Cassidy, didn't really notice him at all. Weston came on and made a real positive difference. Shaq took a magnificent penalty, pretty much let the keeper dive before stroking the ball in the opposite corner.

Until Weston came on, we seemed to lack pace or ideas, whereas York were full of ideas.

Footage of Shaq's winner from the spot here...

[video=youtube_share;I82QU7e7EeE]http://youtu.be/I82QU7e7EeE[/video]

Late goal disguises a poor performance for me, York were poor and on another day a team a bit more clinical would have had us 2 or 3 down by half time, Dan made some great saves to keep us in it. Thompson and Williams were all over the place defensively, I think that definitely needs a change for next week with Prosser or Barrett coming in. The midfield didn't create much and we were sloppy, the conditions played a part but we were far from our best. How we are 4 points from top is beyond me and shows how bad this league is, but today was a good result and fingers crossed the goal will give us a confidence boost to kick on in the future.

Bentley 7.5 Kept us in the game first half, superb saves
White 6 Taken for a ride over and over again by their winger and didn't take the lead of the back four as you might expect
Thompson 6 Brilliant tackle in the second half but looked clumsy and poor positioning
Williams 5.5 Clumsy, poorly positioned, didn't look at all convincing
Coker 6.5 Not his usual threat going forwards but solid defensively
Worrall 6.5 Pacey and looked threatening without really doing much damage
Timlin 7.5 One of our best players, looked a massive improvement on Deegan and offers so much more
Leonard 6.5 Better earlier on when he got forward more, later on he offered less in a holding role
Atkinson 6 Slows counter attacks down and doesn't like to cross, okay but didn't work well with Coker
Cassidy 6 Little impact, looked like the signs of a good partnership with Piggott but still early
Piggott 7.5 Biggest threat in every way, did well to win the penalty and could have scored another one or two

Subs
Weston 6.5 Quick and had one or two good runs but lazy at times
Hurst 6 Poor performance, got forward but didn't produce anything and lazy defensively
Coultihurst 6.5 Good penalty, didn't do much else

Great to get 3points but Worrall must be wondering why he keeps getting subbed and Leonard stays on the pitch

Very poor today, York were by far the better team. Bentley made a fantastic save quite early in the game when the ball was destined for the top corner. Made another couple of good saves after in the first half. We had our first shot on goal in the 42nd minute.

Piggott looks strong, fast and determined. Did so well winning the penalty. Cassidy, didn't really notice him at all. Weston came on and made a real positive difference. Shaq took a magnificent penalty, pretty much let the keeper dive before stroking the ball in the opposite corner.

Until Weston came on, we seemed to lack pace or ideas, whereas York were full of ideas.

Agree with all of that.

Weston made a big difference, other than that we were very lucky to get a point out of that performance, let alone 3.

So much for 442 being the answer to everything...

Poor game but 3 points absolutely vital...bloody freezing .

We were shocking but a win is a win.

Southend United 1, York City 0

SHAQ Coulthirst’s last gasp penalty secured Southend United a hard fought 1-0 win against York City at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Back