• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just on the pitch, it seems to be worse at the South Bank end, or is that my imagination?

Just on the pitch, it seems to be worse at the South Bank end, or is that my imagination?

That end will always be worse as it gets least sun, it's why that end is always the hardest bit to thaw when the pitch is frozen.

I am not sure as my son was watching Lenny running forwards in the first half without the ball and when he was right in front of us by the half way line in the West Stand, my son suddenly pointed out that Lenny looked to have turned his ankle where the turf had separated again - fortunately it was nothing serious.

It really is a shocker of a pitch and the game even got held up in the first half when an Oxford player asked the ref to delay our throw in so that he could re-lay the pitch from where he had tackled one of our players.

I just hope that no one gets injured because of the pitch.

That end will always be worse as it gets least sun, it's why that end is always the hardest bit to thaw when the pitch is frozen.

I am not sure as my son was watching Lenny running forwards in the first half without the ball and when he was right in front of us by the half way line in the West Stand, my son suddenly pointed out that Lenny looked to have turned his ankle where the turf had separated again - fortunately it was nothing serious.

It really is a shocker of a pitch and the game even got held up in the first half when an Oxford player asked the ref to delay our throw in so that he could re-lay the pitch from where he had tackled one of our players.

I just hope that no one gets injured because of the pitch.

Right at the South West corner on Saturday was still fairly solid last Saturday.

That Lenny twist looked really serious. I noticed how quiet the ground went, until it appeared he was OK.

Good point on the sun and the South Bank end. I was in Block G of the South Upper, so was level with the 18 yard line in the South East corner and it looked particularly bad there. Even the bit where the players warm up with the miniature goal, that looked pretty poor after they had finished. Sounds like it's just as bad in the SW corner 'DWB'.

I take it we couldn't relay just that part of the pitch, rather than the whole lot?

whatever the issue is with a certain player in the heart of the defence who hasn't had the best of seasons so far according to many people on here he is not the sole blame for us not winning games this season, it is a team effort and that includes the so called strikers who at times couldn't hit a cows anus from 2 feet
we have had so many chances to wrap games up and we don't take them....then we make a mistake at the back and that player is roasted in hell by people on here......

Back