• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As like Blackburn at home, impressive first half, should or could have been two or three up
second half very disappointing, seem to take foot off the peddle and allowed Plymouth to play. For all our effort their keeper had little to do whereas Oxley made three very good saves. Two points lost on first half display, one gained on the second half

I'd disagree on that, he was kept busy but almost everything was right at him so he didn't have to make any really impressive saves, like Oxley did on a couple of occasions.

A brilliant write-up ----- perhaps he can replace the dynamic Chris Phillips, as the Echo sales would go right up.

Best match report ever.

Agreed, a really top match report there and puts professionals to shame.

Agreed, a really top match report there and puts professionals to shame.

Also gives an independent, balanced view of our squad not the one-eyed drivel spouted on here from time to time by people with an axe to grind!

Also gives an independent, balanced view of our squad not the one-eyed drivel spouted on here from time to time by people with an axe to grind!

Perhaps.While I'd agree it was an extremely well-written and impartial blog I thought the comment about our "strength in depth" was rather ill-informed,to say the least.Athough, I'd also agree, that both sides will probably be in L1 at the end of next season.Don't think I have an axe to grind, either.FWIW,I thought he was a bit OTT about MAF too.

It gives a balanced view of the squad on one particular day, nothing more nothing less.

If only some of our fans could do that. Rather than turn on their own club captain because he had a bad day at Rotherham.

Great report ,please come again ,small detail ,depth of squad a touch of an issue

Fair comments regarding my assessment of squad depth. That was based on internet research only - looking at your bench, and seeing players of the quality of Wordsworth and Ranger still to come back.

Some clubs in L1 seem to have padded out their squads with youngsters, which maybe gives the illusion that others sides are better prepared.

Cheers for the comments though, it's much appreciated!

If only some of our fans could do that. Rather than turn on their own club captain because he had a bad day at Rotherham.

Not sure you're the one to be criticising people for turning on the club captain when you made no criticism of identical behaviour from Phil Brown last season.

Not sure you're the one to be criticising people for turning on the club captain when you made no criticism of identical behaviour from Phil Brown last season.

Don't really want to get drawn into this particular debate but I thought Paul Clark made some excellent comments regarding Ferdinand yesterday.Commenting on reports of the Rotherham game he pointed out that Ferdinand really can't afford to be caught out of position anymore.Clearly he hasn't got the speed to recover, for whatever reason.There's no question that he's usually an excellent reader of the game though and hopefully Rotherham was just a blip.

Don't really want to get drawn into this particular debate but I thought Paul Clark made some excellent comments regarding Ferdinand yesterday.Commenting on reports of the Rotherham game he pointed out that Ferdinand really can't afford to be caught out of position anymore.Clearly he hasn't got the speed to recover, for whatever reason.There's no question that he's usually an excellent reader of the game though and hopefully Rotherham was just a blip.

Now that you can watch the matches live do you not concur that his legs have 'gone'?

Now that you can watch the matches live do you not concur that his legs have 'gone'?

Funnily enough that was exactly the comment that Mule made to me during the Bury home game.While I wouldn't necessarily go that far (not on the evidence of one live game), he certainly wasn't very mobile in that match, (didn't need to be really though, since his reading of the game was so exceptional).Always difficult to "see" what's happening off camera in a televised game.Something was clearly wrong at Rotherham,however.Yesterday though there was one brilliant header out of defence in the second half, where he "nicked" the ball practically off the head of the Plymouth forward (Edwards?) who would surely have scored otherwise.While his positioning and reading of the game remain outstanding he should be more than all right our level,most weeks-even if "his legs have gone"-as long as he's not up against a pacey foward,of course.

Man of match : Oxley- 2 fantastic saves and total competence.
Laughably inept substitutions by Brown,taking off McGlashan,our most likely source of a goal and Cox,our most likely scorer and bringing on McLaughlin,who did ok and hopeless Robinson.

Whilst I agree that White had a good game, it did look as though it was his man that took advantage of the height difference to score the goal, something that will remain a big weakness in games to come. We really need height back there as soon as possible.

Whilst I agree that White had a good game, it did look as though it was his man that took advantage of the height difference to score the goal, something that will remain a big weakness in games to come. We really need height back there as soon as possible.

Hopefully, not every team that comes to Roots Hall will look like extras from Land of the Giants. Most of them were absolutely huge.

Says a lot about the game when people are choosing between white and Oxley for mom when we are at home to a newly promoted team!

Back