• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So for their goal, Thompson was marking two and their no.15 was unmarked..?

Also after our goal, their keeper pushes out on Wordsworth..

Sorry never mind that Thommo had two players on him and the 15 was unmarked, Ted should have saved it or at least made a bl**dy effort!

It is too soon for him in league football imo. Not his fault but the managers, for he should have signed an experienced gk during the transfer window. If Ted gets injured we only have another young lad as cover... ridiculous!

Looks like Ferdinand and Demi are the guilty men. There was 6 of our players there against 4 of theirs and only 2 were being marked!

At the time I thought Ted should have come out. However on second viewing how is Thompson our only defender in view in view with 4 Port Vale players attacking? #shambolic

Looks like 3 of theirs run at Demetriou who isn't great in the air.

I'm still not sure how cox doesn't hit the target first half. That goes in and I'm sure we would have comfortably won.

From where I was in the West w block the free kick for their goal looked so weak.

I'm still not sure how Cox doesn't hit the target first half. That goes in and I'm sure we would have comfortably won.
I think we all thought he was offside, and that's the only reason I can offer. If so, then both he and Demetriou were guilty of not playing to the whistle during the game.

Cox miss; at the time i thought the lino had flagged offside, but they took a goalkick, one hell of a miss then
Clearance; superb header off the line - i thought it was Demitriou at the time, hard to confirm as the clip blurs?
Their goal; poor marking, but their 24 clearly fouls Thompson, harsh to blame Ted
Our goal; good work by McG and Coker chasing like mad to get the cross in. (Note; if Wordworth had gone down clutching his face, as would any prem striker their GK would have got a red, and they had no subs left... just a thought like)

Last edited:
It was Demetriou off the line, we commented at the time on it. Coker has to take a lot of credit for our goal, great work by him. Ted makes a couple of saves in there too which people seemed to have forgotten.

It was Demetriou off the line, we commented at the time on it. Coker has to take a lot of credit for our goal, great work by him. Ted makes a couple of saves in there too which people seemed to have forgotten.

I've been really impressed with Coker, he doesn't always get the credit he deserves and his work rate, along with Lenny and Thompson has been excellent this season. Quite possibly the 3 most consistent performers this campaign and all worthy of contention for Player of the season...

I've been really impressed with Coker, he doesn't always get the credit he deserves and his work rate, along with Lenny and Thompson has been excellent this season. Quite possibly the 3 most consistent performers this campaign and all worthy of contention for Player of the season...

...........and he always gives the West stand a little wave and does the 'Coker dance' just before kick-off. Man's a star.

...........and he always gives the West stand a little wave and does the 'Coker dance' just before kick-off. Man's a star.

I like the Lenny jog, hop and sprint into the area when the lines break after shaking hands before the game !

I can see why Cox missed the first chance - the keeper closed him down very quickly and there was hardly a gap between the keeper and the post. I think the left foot chance he missed in the second half before they scored was easier -he had a lot more time and a clear path to goal.

Who's job is it to make sure that the opposition are marked up at corners and free kicks - they didn't do it on Saturday!

I can see why Cox missed the first chance - the keeper closed him down very quickly and there was hardly a gap between the keeper and the post. I think the left foot chance he missed in the second half before they scored was easier -he had a lot more time and a clear path to goal.

Who's job is it to make sure that the opposition are marked up at corners and free kicks - they didn't do it on Saturday!

It used to be the Head Groundsman's job. I haven't a clue who does it now, mrsblue probably.

Back