• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 1 Torquay United

Im guessing by the lack of posts in the match thread it was as dour a game as the scoreline suggests.

Oh well, we survived. Onwards and upwards, let the kit threads, rons warchest and ray parlour signing threads commence until next season.....

Chris Phillips saying Lopata was there and with the squad at the end. Pessimist in me says he is only there to support an ex-team who he did well for and his mate Harrison Neal. Optimist in me says he will be signing a 4 year deal on a free transfer. Don't worry, that small part will be stamped out quickly....

Crap first half, but a much improved second half.

We seemed to gain some impetus when we went down to 10-men and looked the better team for the last 20 mins.

Callum Powell was my MOTM. Probably the best game I’ve seen him play.

The **** are we meant to do for the next three months now?

Chris Phillips saying Lopata was there and with the squad at the end. Pessimist in me says he is only there to support an ex-team who he did well for and his mate Harrison Neal. Optimist in me says he will be signing a 4 year deal on a free transfer. Don't worry, that small part will be stamped out quickly....
How about the halfway option of another loan?

We seemed to gain some impetus when we went down to 10-men and looked the better team for the last 20 mins.

Check every half hour to see if we've signed anyone and talk bollox on the transfer rumours thread ?

It was a game of two halves. Firstly we had the first half and then not long after we had the second half.

There are no easy games at this level and at the end of the day with a bit more rub of the Green something else could of happened..

The End. :Winking:

It was a game of two halves. Firstly we had the first half and then not long after we had the second half.

There are no easy games at this level and at the end of the day with a bit more rub of the Green something else could of happened..

The End. :Winking:
Cricko insists the game could have gone either way

It's interesting the side galvanised after Demi's dismissal.
On that subject there was a post in the match thread reckoning he wasn't that bad an offender.
With us he's played 191 times, in which he's been yellow carded 51 times, shown red twice - three, if you count that horrendous assault for Cyprus!
That's a card one every 3.something games, if you'll allow the missing decimal point.
You can decide if he's a frequent offender.
Put another way, there's never much of a gap between a gobby Demi or an ill-timed lunge.
Equally interesting, that Paul Clark thought Kensdale was as much to blame for their goal as Dunne.

Interesting you thought that. I thought we were dominant the entire game. Didn't feel troubled at all.

Im guessing by the lack of posts in the match thread it was as dour a game as the scoreline suggests.

Oh well, we survived. Onwards and upwards, let the kit threads, rons warchest and ray parlour signing threads commence until next season.....

It was alright actually for a end of season none event. The last 10 minutes was great with the crowd getting behind the boys and egging on White to shoot from the edge of our box lol.

Interesting you thought that. I thought we were dominant the entire game. Didn't feel troubled at all.
You must have missed the five clear cut chances that Torquay had in what was a totally dismal first half performance. The red card looked about right from the East Greens and that should have been that but we rallied brilliantly with ten men and in the end were the better team following the red.

Our final ball and play in the final third as bad as usual but a lovely strike from midfield saved our blushes.

Lots and lots of work to do in the summer…

Man of the Match Powell. Very little end product but our only real threat. Jack Bridge was almost non existent today. Gubbins was terrible first half but very good second half.

Great to see the reception for John White.

Back