• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 1 Torquay United

I am obviously expressing myself very badly. What I am trying to say is when he was signed his acquisition aroused little enthusiasm on SZ. I am NOT suggesting he was a bad signing, or, we should now be unenthusiastic about him. My point is the impact he has made (considerable) was not foreseen at the time the signing was made.
My memory is not what it once was so if when it was announced he was joining Blues you posted on here 'Great signing, he will be POTY' please accept my apologies in advance.
You were doing ok until the last sentence. The point I was making is you don't have to trumpet your appreciation, or otherwise, of a player to be happy with a signing. For what it's worth, PB was never my choice of manager this time around, but some of his signings have turned out ok.

reception for john white: 10/10 (give him the keys to the city)
dunne finding the bottom corner: 8/10 (free half-time pie of his choice)
west ham fans celebrating when man city missed a pen in their game: 0/10 (lifetime ban)
Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know why there was the random cheer from, predominantly TBV.

SVC said budget same as this seasons, which i believe was 1.4 million, What with a host of players departing which will free up some wages, plus a smaller squad next season, I think we can afford to bring in some quality players ,Hopefully Lopata will be one of them and Neal another.

£1.6m including contingent liabilities.

I'm not holding out too much hope of an answer on this, but Mrs RHB was adamant that she saw Lee Mead at yesterday's game in the West stand. Can anyone confirm this as I reckon she was seeing things as she reckons she's a bit of a celeb spotter.

I'm not holding out too much hope of an answer on this, but Mrs RHB was adamant that she saw Lee Mead at yesterday's game in the West stand. Can anyone confirm this as I reckon she was seeing things as she reckons she's a bit of a celeb spotter.
He's local and Tweeted his support for A Game For Barks, so this isn't a huge stretch...

Yes he was here. It was his son’s first visit to Roots Hall and he brought him over to buy a programme from me. I never recognised him (but then again on one infamous occasion I never recognised my daughter in the queue in the bakers either, lol) but one of the guys I was speaking to at the programme hut pre game went down the “do you know who that was” route and said it was Lee Mead, who he said lives fairly local I believe.

Yes he was here. It was his son’s first visit to Roots Hall and he brought him over to buy a programme from me. I never recognised him (but then again on one infamous occasion I never recognised my daughter in the queue in the bakers either, lol) but one of the guys I was speaking to at the programme hut pre game went down the “do you know who that was” route and said it was Lee Mead, who he said lives fairly local I believe.
He doesn't have a son. He has one daughter.

He doesn't have a son. He has one daughter.
Well I stand corrected then ?

There were several people all together there and I thought that Lee Mead was the lad’s dad but then again I didn’t ask to see his birth certificate so yes, perhaps you are right.

To clarify, Lee Mead came to the hut with a group of people. It was definitely him and I sold a young lad who’s first game it was at Roots Hall a programme. In view of your information, he was most probably the son of one of the people he was with.

Hope this clears that up ?

Typical end of season game with nothing riding on it. Not something we have had for a few years! That said some decent performances, specifically Neal and Powell, and actually thought we were the stronger side for the majority of the game (although Torquay had the better chances in the first half).

Was right in front of Demitriou red card and from my point of view it was never a sending off.
Torquay player screaming out like he’d been shot then continuing on for the remainder of the game sums it up really. All that said if replays show I am wrong then I will hold my hands up!

End of season awards to Arnold and Dalby both well deserved.

Some big decisions to be made over the next few weeks in terms of playing staff but I really hope they will include Lopata and Neal in either a loan or permanent capacity.
Saw it from Row H in East Reds It was a two footed tacked which JD richly deserved to be sent off for (and I'm a fan).But it sparked a great reaction from the team and we got a deserved point,thanks to Dunne's great strike, after a first half in which Torquay were clearly the bettet side.so much better than the last home game I was over for in October against Chesterfield.There's obviously been a huge improvement.Let's hope it culminates in promotion next season.

Definitely, he was there with his family and Sarah, who's part of our committee for the Barker game and part of Chris' "Run Free" group, plucked up the courage to speak to him and ask him to tweet about it.

Who the f is Lee Mead?
Local boy, winner of the Andrew Lloyd Webber TV show to find the new "Joseph", went on to have a relationship and child with Denise van Outen after she was a judge on the show.

PROD-Lee-Mead-as-Joseph-And-The-Amazing-Technicolor-Dreamcoat.jpg

Does anyone know what Steve Philips was saying to the crowd before the game? I was in the West but too far away to hear.
I couldn't hear much - bit mutt anyway these days - but he did say something about being with 'them' for two years (referring to the TQ fans in the NB) and indicating that he'd be going over to see them too, but didn't.

Unfortunately, I was able to hear a bloke behind me going on about his golf for most of the game. He also made Davies his player of the season (which made me laugh) when he was asked by his mate. Although he'd gone to "about five or six" games this season, he didn't know who Sam Dalby was and called him "number ten" or "ten" at various points in the game. Still, despite this, I enjoyed being back at RH for the first time in nearly three years.

Wonderful to hear and see John White's reception. Sorry to see Harry Cardwell more injured (in boot and on crutches) than I thought and pleased for Dunne that he scored that goal to atone for the late first half moment of being caught in possession that led to their goal. To be fair though, they could have been three up by then anyway. But what a good response to JD's sending off and quite weird how we played better subsequently.

Back