• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Aldershot Town

Season over time to start thinking about next season , we simply shouldn’t be losing to Aldershot in the fashion we did today .

We will lose 4 or 5 of these boys post season and I’m hoping we have the resources to strengthen otherwise next season could be a very long season indeed

Limping towards the end of the season. Will imagine there won't be too many players today still here next season. Miley apart the midfield is very poor. Been the problem all season.

The really disappointed comment referred to the rest of the game and finally there was the announcement that Callum Powell was made MoM having been on the pitch for all of 3 minutes....wtf?

I presume he was the only one on the pitch who hadn't made a mistake at that time....

+1

A little band of their yoofs came to the Spread looking for some agg around 2pm. They knocked on the window quite loudly and then quickly went on their way.

It was very intimidating.

Apparently they flooded into the railway and basically took over the pub and we're offering out some of the Southend that were inside, with about another 30 or so outside causing a nuisance.

Surprises me as the railway is usually very busy with mainly home fans.

Heard they hired out heroes bar in town and arrived by bus very early and were also caused mayhem down the seafront.

They had some kind of jolly boys outing.

As for the game. I missed today and I'm glad I did.

The players have well and truly thrown in the towel and 5 defeats is completely unacceptable. It's becoming very clear that the team isn't good enough and there will need to be another big overhaul in the summer (new owner permitting)

Thought we looked shattered. We controlled it first half, they had the better chances. But then we just fell away. Looked emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted

Suggesting they looked shattered or exhausted is no excuse for that performance. They could hardly pass the ball and that has nothing to do with being shattered or exhausted.

It was just poor all round and I don't think any one of those players came out with credit.

Let's hope Mayer does make changes as he's just promised. Would like to see Benson given a run out and maybe just try a different formation at teams have worked us out.

and finally there was the announcement that Callum Powell was made MoM having been on the pitch for all of 3 minutes....wtf?

I think the sponsors/whoever we’re being ironic there. We did a similar thing back in the day, awarding Jerome Boere MOM and he wasnt on the pitch as long as Powell (so dross were the rest). At least we got howls of laughter, today there was an incredulous murmur.

Apparently they flooded into the railway and basically took over the pub and we're offering out some of the Southend that were inside, with about another 30 or so outside causing a nuisance.

Surprises me as the railway is usually very busy with mainly home fans.

Heard they hired out heroes bar in town and arrived by bus very early and were also caused mayhem down the seafront.

They had some kind of jolly boys outing.

As for the game. I missed today and I'm glad I did.

The players have well and truly thrown in the towel and 5 defeats is completely unacceptable. It's becoming very clear that the team isn't good enough and there will need to be another big overhaul in the summer (new owner permitting)
Not quite, there were about 8 outside and several more inside. The Stone Islanders were whispering ‘where are your boys’ as we walked through them, I think Bruv told them we’d have to do but can we have a wee first.

I thought Mooney looked like a man possessed in the first 20 minutes, excellent pressing, slide tackles, great cross field balls and an exquisite pass for our goal. Sure he tired, but I’m not sure many others gave us a decent 20 minutes. I’m a big fan of Cardwell and Miley but thought even they didnt show today. Our final ball was woeful and there were no leaders out there.

Weak, lacklustre performance. A team that has run out of steam and devoid of ideas. The intensity was not there either.

The inability for Maher to freshen things up and some woefully out of form or out of their depth players in that team Is our downfall… a season that can not finish fast enough now!

Last edited:
Sadly, one of the good things of today is that it has relieved me of a problem. I need to come back to England to see an 86 year old sister and an 84 year old brother whom I haven't seen since before Covid. I can't tell you how difficult it was to try and arrange that short visit around one of the remaining home games. At least, I no longer feel the need to break my head in order to watch, what effectively will be, a dead rubber. We didn't really deserve anything from today..................apart from defeat. So many worries, so many concerns about our future, yet, at least, hope and stress for this season suddenly evaporated today.

Back