• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Aldershot Town

Our supposed best player Bridge is now a one trick pony that twists and turns 5 times when twice would have done followed by a decent cross……that’s our best player, how bad are the rest? As for Miley, Taylor, Husin etc……have you ever seen a less creative midfield than them, complete clear out including the head coach if that’s the best they can do, negative to the core!

Some thoughts…

- Aldershot fans came in numbers and made noise, fair play to them. Felt like a league encounter for a change.

- The players to a man look absolutely shot to pieces. I feel the pressure of the situation has caught up with them. It’s so tricky for the management to now pick them up and go again.

- A lot on here bemoaning the formation but what was it?! Ralph was playing in front of Bridge an awful lot especially in the first half so seemed more like he was a wing back and not a centre half. This forces the other two centre halves (assuming there were three at the back) to be stretched and leave gaps. Wouldn’t happen with 3 definite centre halves.

- Playoff hopes look to be gone but this should be a positive now for the sale. RM can’t claim the potential for addition income from being in the league and should mean the price is more realistic. Let’s hope for a quick sale in the summer to someone who wants to build a club and see where that takes us.

- In the meantime let’s continue to back players and management until the end of the season.

With 5 losses on the spin with a bunch of players that look like they’d struggle in the Southend Sunday League, you really have to think whether we will actually win another game this season.

Despite all the RM hype and I don’t blame players but many must now be looking beyond this season because I think we’ve hit rock bottom, Kev has tried his best under the circumstances but we do the same thing week in week out 🥱

At least Powell can enjoy his morning coffee staring at his MoM trophy 🏆 I think that was the final nail in ⚰️ yesterday.

Just DONT! lose to the Daggers at home, that’s all I ask 🙏

Morning all.

Couldn't bring myself to comment last night as I was totally pi##ed off with that performance and went to the boxing to support my mate being punched. At least he won!

Few comments on the game.

Can't blame the ref who for once I thought was decent. Thought Arnold was lucky not to go, but not sure if he was the last man. However, didn't change the outcome. When Aldershot took the lead it didn't look like we would get anything.

The performance from the team was woeful. I get it that the pitch is in a dire state, and they may be tired, but where was the effort? Sideways and backwards passing from many. Most look disinterested yesterday apart from Murphy and GSM and It seemed the players weren't listening to Kev and Daz, who kicked with anger every bottle that appeared in the technical area. The team let them down.

Many probably thought the play offs is out of the question before the game, but with Boreham losing, proved not the case. Disappointing then that many threw the towel in so easy against an Aldershot team lacking in quality, but whom had a bit of fight and desire.

First goal showed our biggest weakness, the midfield area, when Frost just walked through them without a challenge. It's an area we seriously need to strengthen in, but with the financial troubles off the pitch, I fear will only be weakened come next season unless we do get that investor quickly.

Powell man of the match? Either the sponsors were making a point at the rest of the team, or were snorting white lines in the boardroom during the game.

I gave up an invite to a 50th philippino birthday bash where the food by all accounts looked incredible, to support the team instead. Thanks for the shower of ****e lads I got instead!

Big shout out to the Aldershot fans ... Great support.

What happened to our pressing game?
Why are injured/unfit players being overused kept on to long?
Our supposed best player Bridge is now a one trick pony that twists and turns 5 times when twice would have done followed by a decent cross……that’s our best player, how bad are the rest? As for Miley, Taylor, Husin etc……have you ever seen a less creative midfield than them, complete clear out including the head coach if that’s the best they can do, negative to the core!
Oh wiggy you've only gone n blown the bleeding doors off this thread.
Why weren't you saying this on our good run !! Everyone knows you are not a fan of Kev and his style of play , in division which team do you admire ?

Wow great turnout by Aldershot. What was the deal with them by the way, the balloons and banners etc. .. some kind of special occasion?

Looking at their social media platforms it was their annual ‘Tour of Duty’ away game. They basically nominate a game each season and make it a party atmosphere with a big following, balloons etc… I’d imagine large quantities of alcohol are consumed as well!

Looking at their social media platforms it was their annual ‘Tour of Duty’ away game. They basically nominate a game each season and make it a party atmosphere with a big following, balloons etc… I’d imagine large quantities of alcohol are consumed as well!
Fair play. Hope they enjoyed their day in Southend along with the 3 points.

You're not allowed to smoke in the ground, including vaping. I hate the fact that many places have allowed vaping in doors as if it's ok, it's not. Fair enough, it may not be as bad as smoking, but it still isn't healthy, and I for one, don't want to inhale that crap.

Rant over 🙂
Fair enough. In the end the rules are the rules.

I guess my irritation is vaping in outside areas doesn’t bother me in the slightest. And my son has mental health challenges he is managing really well. But having been told if he gets his vaper out again he would be ejected, he left and didn’t want to come back into the ground…anyway that’s my problem.

It is interesting, though, how different things rancour with different people. As I say I have no issue with the vaping, my bug bear is people who sit surrounded by families with young children and spend the game shouting obscenities at officials, players, other supporters etc. oblivious to the surroundings. No doubt others is doesn’t bother a case of if you don’t like it don’t come, or I’m sure they hear worse at school…..One of the reasons my wife doesn’t like coming….I appreciate, however, this is against no rules.

In the end the rules are the rules I know..and up with it I will have to put.

At least Powell can enjoy his morning coffee staring at his MoM trophy 🏆 I think that was the final nail in ⚰️ yesterday.
I heard that Powell threw a wobbler regarding the MoM award and refused to meet the 6 year old kid who nominated him.

I guess he thought someone was taking the pee, but I think it was just a kid who‘s favourite player is Powell.

But maybe someone at the club should have pointed out is wasn’t a good idea and scrapped the MoM award as there wasn’t one - in a blue shirt anyway

Morning all.

Couldn't bring myself to comment last night as I was totally pi##ed off with that performance and went to the boxing to support my mate being punched. At least he won!

Few comments on the game.

Can't blame the ref who for once I thought was decent. Thought Arnold was lucky not to go, but not sure if he was the last man. However, didn't change the outcome. When Aldershot took the lead it didn't look like we would get anything.

The performance from the team was woeful. I get it that the pitch is in a dire state, and they may be tired, but where was the effort? Sideways and backwards passing from many. Most look disinterested yesterday apart from Murphy and GSM and It seemed the players weren't listening to Kev and Daz, who kicked with anger every bottle that appeared in the technical area. The team let them down.

Many probably thought the play offs is out of the question before the game, but with Boreham losing, proved not the case. Disappointing then that many threw the towel in so easy against an Aldershot team lacking in quality, but whom had a bit of fight and desire.

First goal showed our biggest weakness, the midfield area, when Frost just walked through them without a challenge. It's an area we seriously need to strengthen in, but with the financial troubles off the pitch, I fear will only be weakened come next season unless we do get that investor quickly.

Powell man of the match? Either the sponsors were making a point at the rest of the team, or were snorting white lines in the boardroom during the game.

I gave up an invite to a 50th philippino birthday bash where the food by all accounts looked incredible, to support the team instead. Thanks for the shower of ****e lads I got instead!

Big shout out to the Aldershot fans ... Great support.
I am often quick to identify the shocking level of refs it this level so would agree we should highlight this one was decent- good even.

On Arnold he came out and to make himself bid star jumped in front of the player who tried to flip the ball over him before colliding with him. Arnold’s a good keeper but has yet to master the ability to change direction whilst in the air. Ref got it spot on pen, yellow card.I was hoping it was just outside the box….unfortunately it wasn’t…

You're meant to be a realist, the wheels have fallen off and there's no spare !
Kev needs to play fully fit players like Sandat and Benton, we have players who seem to be regaining fitness playing first team games and being kept on to long imo
The 2nd half midfield dissapearing act was like going back in time of the PB team in this division!
Bridge needs resting , Mooney and Powell 1/2 game each , Murphy , Hyde and Wreh the same if we must play unfit players .
Yeh I am a realist hence the mathematical post of how many point I described we need to get into the playoffs. I never said we will do it though lol.

I heard that Powell threw a wobbler regarding the MoM award and refused to meet the 6 year old kid who nominated him.

I guess he thought someone was taking the pee, but I think it was just a kid who‘s favourite player is Powell.

But maybe someone at the club should have pointed out is wasn’t a good idea and scrapped the MoM award as there wasn’t one - in a blue shirt anyway

Oh, if true that puts a different complexion on a mystifying decision. Again, if true, Callum better go and see that kid to say a belated thank you.

That's a nice idea. Perhaps we should reciprocate next year. We'll have more balloons than them!

Yes, that is nice. Thanks Tyler and I thought you played well yesterday. Aldershot definitely deserved to win. Good luck for the rest of the season, you should be safe now - but watch out for Gateshead with their 3 games in hand. Gateshead ended our unbeaten run before Christmas and we've not looked the same since. The swine!

Back