• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The curse of Nile Ranger looms larger and larger over the club. Vile Nile was brought in by Phil 'no morals' Brown and we have to get rid of them both to right a very large wrong done to us, the soul of the club.

The curse of Nile Ranger looms larger and larger over the club. Vile Nile was brought in by Phil 'no morals' Brown and we have to get rid of them both to right a very large wrong done to us, the soul of the club.
Give it a rest for christ sake, it bad enough losing without have to put up with your twaddle

Match report: Southend United 1, Bradford City 2

RYAN Leonard and Phil Brown were both sent off as Southend United slumped to a 2-1 defeat against Bradford City at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Give it a rest for christ sake, it bad enough losing without have to put up with your twaddle
...certainly can't blame Nile for that one!......names you are looking for are Ron and Phil....how the latter is still in charge is a mystery!

:off topic:

There's plenty of other threads to share your opinion on Nile and Phil. As the title suggests, can we stick to match reports and players rating on this one please.

Was a harsh ending to a decent second half. But if we're honest we currently have the cutting edge of blancmange.

'Vile Nile' wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded the penalty, arguably him being taken off invited pressure on us because he was holding the ball up well up front and even when he lost out was forcing the defenders to make an aimless clearance.

This was one of our better performances this season and you really couldn't criticise any of the players for lack of effort and commitment. Unfortunately, we are continually undermined by two fatal flaws that have been apparent from the start. One, lapses in concentration that result in too many goals conceded, two, a chronic lack of finishing good chances. No matter what players are selected, these two fundamental failings always seem to cost us dear

Positives
Ben Coker was back
Ben Coker has cut his man bun off
It was way better than last week
Second half looked like a team that had some idea what is was doing

Negatives
The entire first half
Lenny sent off
Manager unable to control himself, yet again, and ends up in the stands
Last minute penalty heartbreak

You have to question a formation, at home, of 4-5-1, especially when one of your wide men isn't and a genuine wide man is on the box. And your one up front is someone you lump the ball to hoping he can hold it up. I wasn't expecting much ahead of kick off seeing that line up, so consequently I wasn't disappointed....

First half was dirge. Bradford cut us up a few times, and even after 10 minutes it wasn't overly surprising that we were down. Wordsworth missed a good chance with a header and Macca fired wide (albeit deflected), and that was that for our first half. They had some chances, looked better. We looked like we cared this week, but didn't seem to understand the formation we were playing.

Second half was much better. Ranger managed not to finish a good chance, Lenny had a couple of long distance cracks and we piled on some pressure. The equaliser (which Ranger claimed) came after some good work from McGlashan, and looked to be enough to give us a point.

Then Bradford won a free kick on the half way line for a foul on Macca (yeah, I know what I just wrote there). We didn't organise properly, their man got free and Lenny brought him down. Looked stonewall from the back of the Greens, but I am told by those with better views that Lenny won the tackle. Either way, he got a second yellow and was first in the showers. Penalty was unstoppable. Clearly our lads weren't happy with the initial awarding of the free kick (Macca clearly making the point) and a result Mr Brown was removed from the touchline for the umpteenth time.

That was a point lost. I don't actually care that the initial free kick was wrong. You should still be able to defend a free kick on the half way line, and if you can't, then maybe you need to look at yourself as well as the dodgy decision to start with. But hey, I am a former ref....

In response to a poor 1st half at least in the 2nd we tried and deserved a draw.Really can't see where the goals are going to come to turn this around.Selection suggests trouble in the dressing room .

Positives
Ben Coker was back
Ben Coker has cut his man bun off
It was way better than last week
Second half looked like a team that had some idea what is was doing

Negatives
The entire first half
Lenny sent off
Manager unable to control himself, yet again, and ends up in the stands
Last minute penalty heartbreak

You have to question a formation, at home, of 4-5-1, especially when one of your wide men isn't and a genuine wide man is on the box. And your one up front is someone you lump the ball to hoping he can hold it up. I wasn't expecting much ahead of kick off seeing that line up, so consequently I wasn't disappointed....

First half was dirge. Bradford cut us up a few times, and even after 10 minutes it wasn't overly surprising that we were down. Wordsworth missed a good chance with a header and Macca fired wide (albeit deflected), and that was that for our first half. They had some chances, looked better. We looked like we cared this week, but didn't seem to understand the formation we were playing.

Second half was much better. Ranger managed not to finish a good chance, Lenny had a couple of long distance cracks and we piled on some pressure. The equaliser (which Ranger claimed) came after some good work from McGlashan, and looked to be enough to give us a point.

Then Bradford won a free kick on the half way line for a foul on Macca (yeah, I know what I just wrote there). We didn't organise properly, their man got free and Lenny brought him down. Looked stonewall from the back of the Greens, but I am told by those with better views that Lenny won the tackle. Either way, he got a second yellow and was first in the showers. Penalty was unstoppable. Clearly our lads weren't happy with the initial awarding of the free kick (Macca clearly making the point) and a result Mr Brown was removed from the touchline for the umpteenth time.

That was a point lost. I don't actually care that the initial free kick was wrong. You should still be able to defend a free kick on the half way line, and if you can't, then maybe you need to look at yourself as well as the dodgy decision to start with. But hey, I am a former ref....

I was in the South Upper so nowhere near enough to comment on the actual tackle/foul, but from the reaction of our players alone, I would suggest that Lenny was very hard done by

Love to know how only four minutes were added on.

5 subs, two goals and loads of timewasting

It’s days like this that really do make me question some of the people who support this club. Not only do we have to listen to the nonsense some shout in the stands, now on the thread someone blaming ‘vile Nile’ for our bad fortunes. Ranger was one of our better players today, I for one have been a critic of him this season but how can you expect him to win you games when we are playing 4 central midfielders and one left winger. Brown got it wrong today, but then I begin to question whether he had any real alternative? Mcglashan is an impact sub and that is all, we need to recruit a winger in January.
Onto the ratings:

Oxley 7- terrific save in the opening minutes and a worldy in the last, kicking good on a difficult surface
Demi 6.5- solid, not very effective going forward
White 6- hoof ball is all he has, fairly solid at the back, could be argued he was out of position for first goal
Turner 6.5- solid again, nothing special
Coker 8 (MOM) - quality going forward and at the back, great to see him back
Timlin 7- Best we had in the middle today, passing much better than of late
Woody 6- lethargic, terrible work ethic, few neat touches
lenny 6- doesn’t look like he wants it anymore, very average
McLaughlin 6.5- not his biggest fan but put a real shift in today and did ok
Ranger 7- Best game this season, showed glimpses of what he did last year, needs us to get behind him.
wright 6- average, didn’t stretch the game enough but today on ball

Subs- 7, all came on and made a good impact

The season is all but done, but Today we were the better team for 75-80 minutes, it ought not to be all gloom and doom. Phil has done wonders for this club and to see people on social media saying give the job to Maher or Chris Powell is absolutely ludicrous.
UTB

Back