• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In response to a poor 1st half at least in the 2nd we tried and deserved a draw.Really can't see where the goals are going to come to turn this around.Selection suggests trouble in the dressing room .

Definitely issues between Cox and Brown. I think we will either see Brown or Cox gone by the end of the transfer window

We didn't deserve to lose today. But the common theme is we didn't do enough to win it either. A severe lack of quality play in the final third kills us over and over. We can keep the ball well at times and move it around but time and time again it breaks down around the box (goal aside)
We do not score enough goals...a fact rather than an opinion. This stems from not creating enough chances unfortunately.

Chris Phillips tweeted a photo of him and cox both in the stands watching so sources are talking nonsense

This one.

DRLdAK7XkAAdKXS.jpg:large

Chris Phillips tweeted a photo of him and cox both in the stands watching so sources are talking nonsense

Yes, both were there until the end. The White Turner partnership looked ok but did get stretched a bit.
And Cox must be injured not to start;- shame Marco wasn't in the starting line up too.

Improved effort and no shame against a very organised and capable side. Well done the lads. Play that way and we will get points from more games than we don't.

As Lord Football says, the first half was dire. We (me and those around me) thought the line up was a bit strange, especially as Ranger's performance last Saturday was pretty grim. Anyway, conceding on 9 minutes was always going to make the first half difficult for us as you couldn't see where the goals were coming from. I might have imagined it, but I thought Woody missed a gilt edged header in the first half. Had we scored from that, who knows? Anyway come half time Bradford deserved their lead.

The second half was completely different because we introduced that missing ingredient called total effort. We played some slick one touch football and Coker showed us just what we have been missing this season. Also the goal that we scored was a real team effort and a pleasure to watch. As the minutes ticked away I though we had done enough for a share of the points, but not to be I'm afraid. I don't know if it was a penalty as the West stand post in front of me obscured my view. Anyway the ref said it was and Lenny was off. Losing Lenny is going to be a big loss over the Christmas period and I did wonder whether we had just watched his last game for us. Time will tell.

I felt a little bit sorry for Phil today. He tried to shake things up and that didn't quite come off, he made some really attacking substitutions and they didn't really come off, because we lost, and then he got sent to the stands. No doubt the 'kill Phil' posts will abound for the remainder of the weekend, but it won't change anything as he will still be our manager into the New Year and beyond. I just hope we can spend a little bit of time discussing the football some of us have just watched as well as persistently telling me what a bad chap Phil is. For what it's worth I already know what your views are so there will be nothing new there.

Next home game - Charlton and an opportunity to put this disappointment behind us. The reasons for the absence of Coxy and Anton may be interesting to hear about.

Last edited:
As Lord Football says, the first half was dire. We (me and those around me) thought the line up was a bit strange, especially as Ranger's performance last Saturday was pretty grim. Anyway, conceding on 9 minutes was always going to make the first half difficult for us as you couldn't see where the goals were coming from. I might have imagined it, but I thought Lenny missed a gilt edged header in the first half. Had we scored from that, who knows? Anyway come half time Bradford deserved their lead.

The second half was completely different because we introduced that missing ingredient called total effort. We played some slick one touch football and Coker showed us just what we have been missing this season. Also the goal that we scored was a real team effort and a pleasure to watch. As the minutes ticked away I though we had done enough for a share of the points, but not to be I'm afraid. I don't know if it was a penalty as the West stand post in front of me obscured my view. Anyway the ref said it was and Lenny was off. Losing Lenny is going to be a big loss over the Christmas period and I did wonder whether we had just watched his last game for us. Time will tell.

I felt a little bit sorry for Phil today. He tried to shake things up and that didn't quite come off, he made some really attacking substitutions and they didn't really come off, because we lost, and then he got sent to the stands. No doubt the 'kill Phil' posts will abound for the remainder of the weekend, but it won't change anything as he will still be our manager into the New Year and beyond. I just hope we can spend a little bit of time discussing the football some of us have just watched as well as persistently telling me what a bad chap Phil is. For what it's worth I already know what your views are so there will be nothing new there.

Next home game - Charlton and an opportunity to put this disappointment behind us. The reasons for the absence of Coxy and Anton may be interesting to hear about.

It was Wordsworth who missed the header in front of goal

I think we played alright but defensive lapses cost us again (I had a decent view and thought it was a penalty). I also think we missed someone running the channels the way Fortune does, we looked better after he came on for a spell. Bradford are a good side but I think we deserved a point in the end. Also I can see why Brown was so angry about that free-kick in the build up to their penalty, never a foul in a million years

Back