• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Difficult decision for the ref on the penalty,

Their first goal though :facepalm:

I was going to say god awful defending but it wasn't that good. Schoolboy stuff where everyone ran to the ball and Poleon just strolled into the box and waited for the ball to come to him

Not the best camera angle for the penalty, it's hard to see if he gets the ball or the man first. The defending for that free kick was dreadful, it was blatantly obvious Bradford were going to pass the ball because there were about 4 players completely unmarked.

If they'd have scored that free-kick at the end, there might have been a serious steward's!

Lenny won the ball, can't see a penalty there

I've got to agree with you there DWB.

It seems Lenny won the ball and hooked it away to the right. The only other conclusion is that their player took a dive and back heeled it upon falling. Otherwise the ball would still continue to roll either directly forwards, or to the left or the right.

Me and my mate, his son and my son said pen all day long.... What's gutting about it is that our 2nd half performance was great and a draw would have been deserved

Me and my mate, his son and my son said pen all day long.... What's gutting about it is that our 2nd half performance was great and a draw would have been deserved

Yep, I think most on here, would say a draw would be the most honest result.

People say we were **** in the 1st half.... Yeah, of course we were. Totally overrun for the first 20 minutes, 25 - 30 minutes, scrappy but even, I think we slightly had the lion share of the last 10+ minutes of the 1st half.

The majority of the 2nd half we had the lions shares of chances, & possession, but as usual, never took the chances.

Same old story, this season. Go one down, and never come back.

I've got to agree with you there DWB.

It seems Lenny won the ball and hooked it away to the right. The only other conclusion is that their player took a dive and back heeled it upon falling. Otherwise the ball would still continue to roll either directly forwards, or to the left or the right.

I don't there's any question that Leonard got the ball at some point, the question is if he hit the man first.

I don't there's any question that Leonard got the ball at some point, the question is if he hit the man first.

Exactly! You can't dive in from behind like that any more. It doesn't matter if you get the ball or not it's a pen. For those arguing, if that was at the other end would you seriously say 'good tackle'?

Having watched it several times and slow mo-ed it on the C5 show, for me it was a definite penalty.

Lenny doesn't really get the ball at all. The trajectory of the ball actually goes backwards behind Lenny, after the tackle.

He may have got a little of the ball with his thigh or something, but not without going straight through Nicky Law, IMHO.

Looking at both goals again, it seems to me that Turner was detailed to man mark Charlie Wyke and got pulled out of position, meaning in the case of the first goal, JW is dragged across, leaving Poleon unmarked and for the second goal, JW doesn't track Nicky Law's run at all, leaving Lenny to try to tackle him from behind.

For the first, having only seen the video, JW has the unenviable task of defending on his own against the fella that put the cross in, and the 2 men they had in the box. I think what he did was entirely reasonable. He had to close the crosser down to an extent as otherwise hed have cut in and had a free shot at goal, and then he had to try and cut out the cross because he couldn't cover both unmarked players in the middle of the goal.

For the first, having only seen the video, JW has the unenviable task of defending on his own against the fella that put the cross in, and the 2 men they had in the box. I think what he did was entirely reasonable. He had to close the crosser down to an extent as otherwise hed have cut in and had a free shot at goal, and then he had to try and cut out the cross because he couldn't cover both unmarked players in the middle of the goal.

Yep, spot on.

JW was stuck trying to cover both, as Turner had gone out to pick up Charlie Wyke.

The fault lies with the player(s) not picking up Nicky Law. Coker was dragged into the centre by Gilliead, creating the space which Law ran into.

Really bad deflection off Turner led to their player in space for the 1st goal. Lady Luck isn't our friend this season.

Back