• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Bristol Rovers

Well we all knew we would break the cycle with a loss.
Losing that many home matches is criminal and you can’t expect anything other than a relegation battle. We are losing week after week to very poor sides now. Embarrassing stuff. Everyone at that club should hang there heads in shame. The whole situation is being managed
Badly by everyone.
Depressing as hell.

(This is a complete knee jerk match report I know, but need to vent my anger somewhere)

Terrible terrible and more terrible.

We are not safe from relegation. The current squad have no tactics, no direction, no fight, no clue, no desire.

The first 35 minutes were atrocious. The last 30 minutes were atrocious. In between that we were just about ok.

Blaming injuries now is not an excuse.

At this level the coaches, ours in particular, are over coached and trying to play like Man. City. For a while today, using "wingers", we created a more exciting game that the crowd warmed to. I don't know if the current coaching staff understand the term "back to basics". Quite frankly, if I were Humphrys I am sure he is totally ****ed off with the service that he has been getting.

At this level the coaches, ours in particular, are over coached and trying to play like Man. City. For a while today, using "wingers", we created a more exciting game that the crowd warmed to. I don't know if the current coaching staff understand the term "back to basics". Quite frankly, if I were Humphrys I am sure he is totally ****ed off with the service that he has been getting.

That’s quite incredible to suggest we are trying to play like Man City ????

I'm actually concerned about the coaching; our passing was shocking and the fitness seems to have gone backwards. Maybe CP needs to look at his backroom staff, before he loses his job

Taking Sam Hart off and putting McLaughlin at left back was baffling, whilst we were uninspiring we did have a couple of good chances in the second half (the offside goal and the scuffed header where it looked easier to score) and a lot of that was down to McLaughlin and Humphreys seeming to link up well, but once we took Hart off we went back to looking useless.

That was dire.

We almost had a chance for ten minutes of getting something from the game.

A phone call needs to be made to Adam Barrett

We were terrible first half, better second but too little, too late. Can't fault the effort but so little quality. Too many hoofed long balls that went to their players. Too many passes generally that went to their players. It wasn't chance after chance but two balls across the six yard box that should have been a goal. Dru looked good, tried things, made things happen. Not much came off for him but he tried

Taking Sam Hart off and putting McLaughlin at left back was baffling, whilst we were uninspiring we did have a couple of good chances in the second half (the offside goal and the scuffed header where it looked easier to score) and a lot of that was down to McLaughlin and Humphreys seeming to link up well, but once we took Hart off we went back to looking useless.

It was Kightly linking up with Hart. Macca was over the other side. But I get your point!

We were terrible first half, better second but too little, too late. Can't fault the effort but so little quality. Too many hoofed long balls that went to their players. Too many passes generally that went to their players. It wasn't chance after chance but two balls across the six yard box that should have been a goal. Dru looked good, tried things, made things happen. Not much came off for him but he tried

Jesus, Hutchinson was accused of having a game like that three weeks ago and we’ve not seen him since!!!

Our home form is that bad that whenever the opposition have scored against us this season, we’ve lost

No score draws and any game we’ve won it’s been by goals to nil

That shows to me a complete negative mentality. As soon as a goal goes in our heads go

Great value for money from a season ticket. The ground should have emptied as soon as we went a goal down today because the stats will show you, we’re getting nothing

Back