• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 1-2 Bristol Rovers

White and Turner are ****e, they both looked terrible and at fault for our goals. Sooner Lennon comes back the better.

White and Turner are ****e, they both looked terrible and at fault for our goals. Sooner Lennon comes back the better.

I would blame the system of 3 CB's. If Taylor Moore was playing in his best position, sweeping behind Turner in a back 4, then I doubt they would have scored those 2 goals.

JW at RB and some width on the right in midfield would make us look stronger in defence and give ourselves an option going forward.

What on Earth is Turner doing for the first?

Elvis is punished for the second by not releasing the ball sooner, however with 3 centre backs there should have still be adequate cover for him. Both goals are an absolute shambles from us

I would blame the system of 3 CB's. If Taylor Moore was playing in his best position, sweeping behind Turner in a back 4, then I doubt they would have scored those 2 goals.

JW at RB and some width on the right in midfield would make us look stronger in defence and give ourselves an option going forward.

Spot on.

The best defending in recent times was when Ferdy was here. He would sweep and whoever played alongside him, Thommo or Turner, would attack the ball. The full-backs would tuck in to cover and in front of the back four would be a ball winner like Lenny or Tims who marshalled the threat of any runners.

Yesterday, the three centre-halves are almost playing like one centre half and two full-backs tucked in and consequently BR just walked through the gaps in the middle!

If you watch the first goal when Turner gets turned, its obvious that he can't run properly.. Perhaps he is playing injured or even his legs have finally failed him ?

This is their second goal. What on earth is John White doing there as a CENTRE BACK!?!?!

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 65
Yes. Looks offside to me.

But watch the second goal. Who actually sprinted back when Yearwood lost possession? Er...um....

Yes. Looks offside to me.

But watch the second goal. Who actually sprinted back when Yearwood lost possession? Er...um....

No one - because there’s no one who is able to sprint - we lack pace in every position apart from Taylor Moore.

Back