• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If that's the response to clear the air meetings then relegation is a certainty.Such a poor team performance with hardly any attempt on goal.The supporters will not stomach this style and system of Brown's which is appalling to watch .

Did not see any desire on the pitch today, with Oxley as a exception who even tried to score himself chasing the ball. A strike force to die for and they have no confidence to take a shot. Kightly has a shot and it takes the deflection and goes in, take the chance and shoot. There is nothing on the pitch, no chance of scoring, a few slow passes then a long ball in the air to give away possession, same defensively way too easy to get through straight down the middle. Unless this Football style of hoof ball changes we are doomed. No creation and no results. Definitely in order for a new manager with new ideas, very very bad day at the office.

still time to turn it around.....we can still end up mid table not all over yet......but it all has to change ASAP to make this a reality
not good today ......

Walked out when they got their second! I would say we are both favourites for relegation. Phil say we are looking to bring in 4 players but why would you come here?
Really not looking good!?
You would say 11th place Fleetwood are favourites for relegation?

Someone please tell me, didn't we have Kyprianou on the bench?

So, why when Turner went off injured did we bring on Hendrie? If you've set up with 3 at the back and one gets injured, bring on another to keep that shape. We then appeared to change it which makes all that time learning your roles and how you're set up, pointless. It also presented an issue as when Ferdinand went off it left us with 1 CB, would have been 2 with Kyprianou on and you can still go 2 up front.

So, why when Turner went off injured did we bring on Hendrie? If you've set up with 3 at the back and one gets injured, bring on another to keep that shape. We then appeared to change it which makes all that time learning your roles and how you're set up, pointless. It also presented an issue as when Ferdinand went off it left us with 1 CB, would have been 2 with Kyprianou on and you can still go 2 up front.

I guess Kyp and Dru got the blame for last weeks loss

I guess Kyp and Dru got the blame for last weeks loss

Which is another thing, where was Yearwood? Was he injured?

Why are we playing Kightly in the center when we have Yearwood and Timlin there as actual Midfielders. I get there's not much attacking ability there but at least they're familiar with the role more.

Phil Brown in his interview said playing Wabo wasn't risky because if he makes a mistake there's still the midfield and defence to cover so it isn't disastrous unlike if Kyprianou or Yearwood make a poor pass, so I guess he feels they give possession away too cheaply (even though several senior players do the exact same thing).

We are going down at the moment, completely devoid of confidence, ideas, leadership, organisation.

Enough is enough Mr martin whatever it takes you have to DO SOMETHING!!

Phil Brown in his interview said playing Wabo wasn't risky because if he makes a mistake there's still the midfield and defence to cover so it isn't disastrous unlike if Kyprianou or Yearwood make a poor pass, so I guess he feels they give possession away too cheaply (even though several senior players do the exact same thing).

Exactly. He just makes it up as he goes along

Brown: "I’m fully to blame for what’s going on. I’m letting them down and they’re letting me down." This quote sums up this absolute clown, he has no idea what he is talking about. Enough is enough Ron, do the right thing and sack him before he takes us down.

Without a shadow of doubt Ferninand is our weak link and the reason we went 1-0 down. Some did say he was the reason for the second but I feel that is probably just a little too harsh.
Taking Cox off for me was a strange one as I thought it should have been McGlashen.
What does Brown say to the team at half time? As although not that good in the first 45 we were still in the game or..........could it be that the opposing team see what we are like then change.
I personally thought Coker did ok today and what a breath of fresh air I found Wabo.
You can see the players confidence is low and body language speaks volumes.

Where do we go from here being 2 points from the drop and relegation is not an option for our chairman.
You have to question the managers abilities to manager here. We all knew Lenny was going so why, oh why are we still in discussions in bringing in players surely, some of these discussions should have been held a while back and as soon as the transfer window was open we should have been ready to have made ourselves know .
Unfortunately with us hovering around the bottom I cannot see anyone wanting to come and join us.
I am taking a couple of weeks away from the game and hopefully by the time I get back things may be looking up (I certainly hope so)

MATCH REPORT :

I have to say that the three centre-halves could have worked, but the personnel was wrong. You have to play Kyps there, so you have a bit of pace.

Then, we should have played 3-5-2 and had Cox upfront with Wabo. I don't think McGlash and Macca ever work playing off the front man. It's a proven failed system. Kightly then sat too deep and was trying to play 40 yard balls. Against Fleetwood at home, Tims could have covered that role on his own and left Kites and Macca further up and played Cox and Wabo together. Then you had the option of changing the personnel if you need to. McGlash is only ever an impact sub. Pretty much everyone knows that.

We played straight into Fleetwood's hands with one up against Bolger and Pond. Poor Cox, it really isn't his game. He likes to play short triangles and move the ball around and create space.

Fleetwood grew into the game, but they did the basics so much better than us. No nonsense defending under pressure. When they did get near our penalty area, they were so much more clinical. Like the pace and whip on that first half free kick which Cokes headed onto the bar. Just a whole level better than we ever deliver the ball.

Paddy Madden comes on and five minutes later they've scored two goals.

I'd love to find something positive from that, but that was the performance of a nervous, disorganized and frankly beaten side. We have always been better when moving the ball at pace and closing down space, but it was like 11 strangers out there trying to play ponderous accurate passes. We were half a yard too slow. That comes from a number of things, but primarily it's a lack of belief in the system and what we are trying to do.

Over-thinking from PB and trying to be clever. Selections to plug holes rather than create pressure on the opposition.

The pitch is poor and frankly we matched that today.

One of the worst performances I think I've seen under PB and possibly other managers as well.

I've been patient on the PB front and have wavered recently on whether he can make this work, but frankly I really do think time is up. We have a massive six pointer next week and then two of the toughest home games you can imagine after that.

Thus far and no further, I think. If there's a Brown out petition, send it through and I'll sign it now!

RATINGS :

Oxley 6.5 - I guess he didn't do much wrong, but wasn't as commanding as he has been, at times today.

Demetriou 6.5 - Thought he worked really hard, but is struggling to keep his feet on this pitch.

Ferdinand 5 - Pretty woeful and clearly not fit. Think it was like putting something out of it's misery when his number came up.

Turner 6.5 - Was doing OK until he went off. Not sure what the injury was.

White 6 - Did OK, but the three of them together doesn't really work. Not JW's fault, I accept

Coker 7 MOM - Thought he defended really well today and got two great blocks in and that header onto the bar.

Timlin 7 - Close on MOM. Did the basic things well and got some good challenges in.

Kightly 6.5 - Didn't think he did too bad, but playing way too deep.

McLaughlin 6 - Nothing really came off for him, but looked a bit lost to be honest.

McGlashan 5.5 - Pretty ordinary, in truth. Just doesn't work starting with him.

Cox 6.5 - One of his poorer performances, but how he is meant to play upfront on his own is anyone's guess.

SUBS :

Hendrie 6 - Didn't really contribute much.

Fortune 6 - Was OK, but just doesn't look like he'll score another goal.

Wabo 7 - Really impressed with him. Would have been a great goal, had that one gone in.

OVERALL :

Going forward, a change needs to be made and Kyps, Yearwood and Wabo need to start games from now on in. Help the older legs and give us something of a spark and energy on the park.

PB has to go, I'm afraid. The guts were ripped out in November with some of the bizarre post-match rants and since then, he is clearly hanging on and almost inviting the sack.

It was always going to be interesting having a back three of White, Ferdinand and Turner. Losing Turner in the first half really didn't help but I actually thought that Coker looked ok as the emergency centre back and I thought Hendrie worked well with Coker and McLaughlin first half. I also thought that Kightly had the best 45 minutes I have seen from him in some while. So, come half time I thought we were slightly the better of two pretty poor sides. Second half was a car crash, Anton's mistake enabled Fleetwood to open the scoring and not long after he was replaced. I could offer more words about the second half but none of them would be very complimentary, so I will refrain. Fleetwood scored their second and at that point I thought the flood gates would open, they didn't and we score with a looping deflection from Kightly....too little too late.

The West stand openly voiced some pretty vocal disappointment towards Phil Brown and with justification, but it can't do the players any good confidence wise when they need us behind them. What next? God knows. We desperately need another mobile forward who has some height and can hold the ball up as it was the same old same old today where poor old Coxy was chasing scraps with little or no reward....a cutting edge that scared the opposition defenders would be great. Are we sliding down the table without brakes? I don't think so, not yet, but a few more performances like today and I might change that opinion.

Last edited:
I've seen my share of relegations over the last 30 odd years and this looked every bit a relegation performance...the body language of the players, the aimless football...lack of leadership, I could go on. Awful set up from the outset....what was that. Kightly has a lovely little tubby belly on him at the moment...wtf then he is played out of position. Cox isolated on his own. McLaughlin and mcglashlan just not even close. Timlin won some tackles at least...then gave the ball away.
All round awful. All stemming from that fraudulent slime currently managing my beloved club. I have never begged for anything in my life please Ron sack that thing calling itself a football manager

Back