• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Morecambe FC

Griemink, Jupp, Prior, Barrett, Nicolau, Pettefor, Bentley, Maher, Gower, Dudfield Broughton Subs Flahaven, Edwards, Gray, Bramble Hunt.

I don’t think any of today’s lot would even get on the bench then apart from maybe JD.

Oh then we added Eastwood in October.

How times have changed. Hard to see any hope at all.
So our youngsters have done as well as our more senior team did in 2004? - so maybe this bodes well - and we don't know yet who we will be adding in October

We're going to be seen as the team that keeps possession well, have these young players thrust into the first team and visitors will be instructed to give us a good professional kick and crafty stamp as many times as the ref is on the blindside. How many times did Egbri get whacked? Thats where our injuries will come from and thats why the boys need to be men and start steaming in.
Its no suprise to me the lad from Bournemouth is quoted as saying man up or such like, Green, Egbri, Taylor, Goodship, Kelman, Aquah et al have to start using their arms much more to hold off challenges and get a good tackle in where they can.
Dominating the ball is great, dominating play is another kettle of fish. Experienced L2 players will delight in kicking 7 shades out of our lads and they have to stand up to it.
Starts with our strikers working hard to close down their defenders and remember L2 defenders are prone to mistakes.
Plenty more to come from our boys yet, i thought Morecambe played it around well and mugged us around the pitch, stopping wide play especially. But they were well beatable, we just never had the belief or guile.

Having finally bought myself to watch the highlights the first goal isn't Kelman's fault at all, Kyle Taylor's the one that lost the ball. He hit a pass to no one and Kelman tried to run over to retrieve it but was beaten to the chase by the Morecambe player. Seems that Charlie's been scapegoated a bit.

Having finally bought myself to watch the highlights the first goal isn't Kelman's fault at all, Kyle Taylor's the one that lost the ball. He hit a pass to no one and Kelman tried to run over to retrieve it but was beaten to the chase by the Morecambe player. Seems that Charlie's been scapegoated a bit.

It’s the second goal that Kelman was at fault for. I know Charlie’s a young lad but it was a very careless pass and seemed a bit arrogant to me. I hope I’m wrong for thinking so.

Why are people trying to scapegoat CK......looked to me like he was expecting some Hutchinson style movement instead of an unfit and flat footed Demetriou.

Just like their first goal it was made from a good positive and energetic run into our box whilst blue shirts shuffled back.....Who actually lost the ball in their half is not that important, its the ease in which they countered and bad positioning from each cross that is more worrying.

Why are people trying to scapegoat CK......looked to me like he was expecting some Hutchinson style movement instead of an unfit and flat footed Demetriou.

Just like their first goal it was made from a good positive and energetic run into our box whilst blue shirts shuffled back.....Who actually lost the ball in their half is not that important, its the ease in which they countered and bad positioning from each cross that is more worrying.
Just relooked at the highlights having also seen the game. I was prompted by your views of who's fault that second goal was.
I concur with an awful lot of your views but just cannot fathom how you've concocted this one to be JDs fault!
Maybe if the pass was a tad more accurate or if JD was not in space! But the pass was really awful! If indeed it was even meant for JD!
Nope...... Sorry..... That ones on kelman and it's not a anti ck thing..... Just a rubbish pass

Just relooked at the highlights having also seen the game. I was prompted by your views of who's fault that second goal was.
I concur with an awful lot of your views but just cannot fathom how you've concocted this one to be JDs fault!
Maybe if the pass was a tad more accurate or if JD was not in space! But the pass was really awful! If indeed it was even meant for JD!
Nope...... Sorry..... That ones on kelman and it's not a anti ck thing..... Just a rubbish pass

I'm not trying to blame JD. My point is most goals involve far more than one person. Obviously like every other Southend fan I have seen about 100 goals conceded in less than 50 games.

Sometimes the goal was always coming but a lot of people look for a convenient scapegoat. If as a team you have got away with a few don't make out it was one mistake that finally leads to a goal.

That one in particular you might want to ask why is CK dropping short to try and get into the game. He needs to be where their lad was for first goal, 6 yds out between the posts.......But to do that he needs the right service and to do that the team needs some drive and purpose.....At this moment in time the squad could be arrested for loitering with no intent

It was obvious immediately after young Charlie scuffed the pass and the Morecum player picked it up, that we had a few lads out of position.
Experience says, someone needs to clump their player and give away a free kick and maybe even take a yellow, rather than let them split our defence and if that was done nearer the halfway line than our box, the better.
Experience always says too, run back and see if you can help out just in case, even though the ball has passed you. I'd expect our keeper to be aware of the situation unfolding and scream at all of his defence to get back, if they were gawping.
If that wasnt a feisty dressing room after Saturday, it ought to have been.
They'll learn and they will get there.
Up the Blues.

Back