• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Blackpool FC

The only saving grace is that I don’t reckon Ron will have the nerve or patience for another season like last .... I like Bond I like the way he conducts himself I like the signings he has made (on paper) and I hope it works ... I fear he’ll get 10 games ... be mindful that he’s managed 8 now won 2 drawn 1 and lost 5 ... , another 8 will be very telling ... new managers don’t normally start of badly and end up getting it right
If you are going to merge last season's results under Bond with those of this season (totally meaningless as those of last season contained none of his players), then at least give him the credit of getting two wins and TWO draws for us.

I think how Hutchinson did or did not play well is the least of our problems.
I quite agree whether hutch played well or not isthe least of our problems , hes a 19 year oldlad still learning his trade and a very good talent ,give the lad some space,allow him to learn and grow, im betting he wasnt the worst onn that ground ,if some off you want to slag off players look at some off the seasoned pros in the side and the manager,encourage the likes off hutchinson , Elvis , Kelman etc they are our future ,slag them off and for sure we will lose them and other young talent with have ( Bishop ) etc.

We looked at the same stats during the game (while in the ground) and we questioned their accuracy. Blues were generally a shambles that couldn’t keep the ball/were booed off the pitch at half time and yet according to the stats they played Blackpool off the park. I think they were probably put together by a 14 year old on work experience who didn’t watch the game and then made them up. ?

The Blackpool fan has summed up the game very well. Let's hope he's not right on his assessment of what we have to look forward to for the rest of the season.

Michael Timlin was at the game yesterday, and he is without a club....maybe a role for him at RH? U23 coach...?

Wrong formation/ personnel for start and gifting ridiculous goals away made the performance seem worse than what it probably was.

Oxley - 5 (big big frustration is that despite his size he does dominate his box- good shot stopper but needs to impose himself). Another similar display and Bishop will be in (actually might for the cup anyway).
Bwomono - 6.5 Decent performance. No mistakes I saw
Shaugnessy - 6, Again decent performance (particular after the 3 CB disaster was dispensed with)- but cant be more than 6 as on pitch for first 30 min defensive horror show
Lennon - 6.6, as above but a bit better
Ridgewell - 4, why or why. Cant judge him at all on that- too soon- but many will. BTW why oh why not put JW in if you are going for 3 CB?? If anyone wants to understand the boring virtues of JWs Ronseal "it does what it says on the tin", steady steady week in week out, I invite you to watch over and over again the first 30 min defensive horror show on Sat..and that wasn't just down to Ridgewell
Ralph - 6.5, did OK like Elvis. Solid defensively and can deliver a cross
Hutchinson - 7.5, no doubt I will be ridiculed for saying it but I was very impressed despite being worried initially to see him CM. I think he will be a better player than Dru- he is very good in tight situations, good control, passing, vision.
Milligan - MOTM - 8.5, comfortably MOM. Remember you need those in front of you to be making themselves available, finding space if you want the ball going forward more often than not. Doesn't give the ball away, reacts to what is in font of him, actually looked better as game went on as he had license to push on. Would certainly be every bit as good in a CM 422 as a defensive midfield role. Legs are clearly very much operational..
Mantom - 6, did OK but seemed to be in a more defensive role that I am not sure suits him.
Cox - 6.5, One of the few players constantly finding space and making himself available allowing a forward pass to feet. Telling he played the full 90 mins despite pre-season. If KB was talking about two strikers having shocker he must surely have been talking Humphries and Theo.
Humphrys - 5.5, not on it really at all by his standards. However lets face it the service to the front two was not great.

Subs:
Ndukwu for Ridgewell - 6, league debut, had a bit about him that suggested he can make things happen
Robinson for Humphrys - 5, nothing really, poor touch, not one of These better days
Kelman for Mantom - 6, did ok. Dont think out wide is his position but still made a few things happen.

Officials - normal service. Straight from a local park- useless but equally so for both sides overall.

Have taken some time to mull over Saturdays performance.

Obviously defence wise in the 1st half was appalling. Ridgewell was clearly not fit and shouldn't have been involved, that is on Bond. Also think he should have been hooked at half time to save him from the crowd.

Personally aside from the that first half defence horror show I think the majority of our issues were in central midfield. I don't know how much input Bond had in yearwood's departure but I honestly don't think he's too keen on the rest he has left aside from Milligan and Hutchinson. But out of Mantom, Hyam and Dieng I honestly believe if he had the chance he'd get rid of all of them, Mantom's only playing because he's the preferred option out of those 3.

As to the forwards. From hearing Bonds comments after the game it's obvious that Goodship would have played in replacement of one of the 2 clearly unfit strikers. As per out bad luck he got injured as well. I know Bond made some interesting comments post match but if fully fit Robinson wouldn't get a look in and Kelman would get the odd sub appearance to gain experience.

Powell got a lot of time and sympathy for injuries and to build a squad. Yes Bond has made a number of signings but he's still carrying a lot of passengers that I honestly think he doesn't want here.

Was the first time I'd seen Milligan and was very impressed. We've got a good player there. The sort of midfielder I like having as gives the others an opportunity to press on. Sadly there was no movement and they just stood behind the blackpool players.

I have a different of opinion on our wing backs and I thought they were constantly pushing forward and didn't leave the touch line. We was just too slow in getting the ball to them. Seemed the centre backs thought every pass had to go through Milligan and then onto Elvis or Ralph.

Give him some time. We're 2 games in for god sake. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a couple more additions to the midfield. We're still gelling and I have no doubt we'll turn it around.

did anyone in the West Stand, X block hear the guy calling the team a bunch of c-units after about 5 minutes? Is it the same bloke who sits right up the back and shouts out abusive and stupid comments all the time?
Also were there fights between fans at the end of the game in the West? Seemed to be something happening just as I left.

did anyone in the West Stand, X block hear the guy calling the team a bunch of c-units after about 5 minutes? Is it the same bloke who sits right up the back and shouts out abusive and stupid comments all the time?
Also were there fights between fans at the end of the game in the West? Seemed to be something happening just as I left.
You hate to see it

Back