• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Blackpool FC

Nothing more constructive, considered or tactical to add to that then?

Ok Victor Mature. I did wonder from your previous post if you were related to Hutchinson or a family friend. Nothing personal, I’m sure he’s a great prospect given some time but yesterday wasn’t his day.

Ok Victor Mature. I did wonder from your previous post if you were related to Hutchinson or a family friend. Nothing personal, I’m sure he’s a great prospect given some time but yesterday wasn’t his day.

I gathered that, but I was looking for a little more insight than just saying “he played ****”

I gathered that, but I was looking for a little more insight than just saying “he played ****”
He didn't, he played better than most and his corners and free kicks were ALL on the money. He was busy across the width of the pitch, grew into the game and had a few shots that had the Pool keeper either scrambling across or pleased to see go wide. Kept working all 98 minutes with a positive approach and work ethic, never hid away. It didn't all work out but he was not **** whatever that is.
Hutch is an easy name to put down on the next team sheet.

I already have, so be my guest.

I think his management record (I'm not talking about coaching) shows that he was lucky to get 6 games in charge with us last year.Obviously I'm grateful he kept us up but I was very dubious about offering him a contract for this season.Early results (and next week's probable tonking at Lincoln) would appear to indicate I'm right. Over to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Bond_(English_footballer)

The only saving grace is that I don’t reckon Ron will have the nerve or patience for another season like last .... I like Bond I like the way he conducts himself I like the signings he has made (on paper) and I hope it works ... I fear he’ll get 10 games ... be mindful that he’s managed 8 now won 2 drawn 1 and lost 5 ... , another 8 will be very telling ... new managers don’t normally start of badly and end up getting it right

The only saving grace is that I don’t reckon Ron will have the nerve or patience for another season like last .... I like Bond I like the way he conducts himself I like the signings he has made (on paper) and I hope it works ... I fear he’ll get 10 games ... be mindful that he’s managed 8 now won 2 drawn 1 and lost 5 ... , another 8 will be very telling ... new managers don’t normally start of badly and end up getting it right

I don't think the fans will have the patience for another season like last.

More insight than something I didn’t even say? I’m not here to run a kid down but I don’t think it was fair of Bond to throw him in at the deep end into a new team that clearly hasn’t gelled at all. I would have preferred that he had been introduced after an hour or so, like Kelman. He will have better games but yesterday wasn’t one of them in my opinion......

More insight than something I didn’t even say? I’m not here to run a kid down but I don’t think it was fair of Bond to throw him in at the deep end into a new team that clearly hasn’t gelled at all. I would have preferred that he had been introduced after an hour or so, like Kelman. He will have better games but yesterday wasn’t one of them in my opinion......

I thought Hutch was one of the better players yesterday, I rated him a 6, so by no means was he poor IMO. Grapevine was wrong to say you posted that he was ****, but you certainly implied it with your **** taking post to somebody who thought he was good.

I don’t think he was thrown in at the deep end...he’s been one of pre seasons successes and made a dozen appearances last year in a worse side than this....

And in any case what would be the point then of throwing him on after an hour, when the crowd are toxic, we are 3-0 down and everyone heads have gone?

I was actually more interested in your reasons for believing he hadnt played well as opposed to just offering a “he had a bad day” type reasoning...What didn’t he do? What did he do badly? Tactically inept? Technically poor? Physically inadequate? Was he worse than anyone else or was it just because he was young and we lost and he is therefore an easy target?

Put some thought into it maybe? Not just for him but for anyone that we think was poor...or we want to moan about

Quite funny how some peoples expectations of a 19 year old having played (or being involved) in a handful of senior League appearances is compatible with ex-Premier league players or veteran footballers in their 30's! However this is Shrimperzone its always easier to criticise and slag off than praise!

I think we all have a right to our opinion on who we think is good or bad or played well or not.....but I also believe that if we are going down the route of saying something derogatory along the lines of “out of his depth” “not good enough” etc etc then it can only be expected to be able to offer some insight into why you think that.....however educated on the subject you may be....justify your own opinion...or....in my opinion that opinion loses some credibility....

Just my opinion ?

Quite funny how some peoples expectations of a 19 year old having played (or being involved) in a handful of senior League appearances is compatible with ex-Premier league players or veteran footballers in their 30's! However this is Shrimperzone its always easier to criticise and slag off than praise!

I couldn’t agree more! I would say though that just as scandal sells, more people comment in the tough times and can do so quite strongly. Please, please if you are voice of moderation speak up more often

I don’t think he was thrown in at the deep end...he’s been one of pre seasons successes and made a dozen appearances last year in a worse side than this....

And in any case what would be the point then of throwing him on after an hour, when the crowd are toxic, we are 3-0 down and everyone heads have gone?

I was actually more interested in your reasons for believing he hadnt played well as opposed to just offering a “he had a bad day” type reasoning...What didn’t he do? What did he do badly? Tactically inept? Technically poor? Physically inadequate? Was he worse than anyone else or was it just because he was young and we lost and he is therefore an easy target?

Put some thought into it maybe? Not just for him but for anyone that we think was poor...or we want to moan about
I see where you’re coming from but really
I think we all have a right to our opinion on who we think is good or bad or played well or not.....but I also believe that if we are going down the route of saying something derogatory along the lines of “out of his depth” “not good enough” etc etc then it can only be expected to be able to offer some insight into why you think that.....however educated on the subject you may be....justify your own opinion...or....in my opinion that opinion loses some credibility....

Just my opinion ?

You also lose credibility by suggesting someone said something that they didn’t actually say at all. And then being a smug dick about it by starting an internet based argument.

But anyway fair play to you for backing your lad or whatever the connection. I think there’s rosetints on to suggest anyone came out of yesterday with any credit but let’s hope we’re all proven wrong....

You also lose credibility by suggesting someone said something that they didn’t actually say at all. And then being a smug dick about it by starting an internet based argument.

It was implied.....I didn’t actually say those words were used by you but it was implied and I paraphrased....

A “smug dick”? Really?

It wasn’t a great performance but like I say I’m not a lifelong fan so I watched as a footballer and didn’t think it was a total disaster. I then substantiated my comments for people to agree or disagree with.....which you haven’t done...which made me question your comments.

And you couldn’t be more wrong about a connection....other than I have more of an interest in younger players as a whole.....but I’d have done the same if someone had said Milligan, Lennon or Elvis were out of their depth because, I didnt agree they were and felt they played well despite the scoreline.....

I thought Hutchinson was poor tbh. He did improve but that was after the game had gone and Theo and Kelman offered him some movement to work with.

In the first half he was second to the ball too often, he struggled to find options when Milligan would play it through the lines to him. I think often he was struggling with the pace of the game and this forced him to be quite cautious

However, his set pieces were good and he’s a talent, so fingers crossed he looks at the match video and works out where to improve. With Milligan in the midfield alongside him I’m sure he’ll be getting a lot of help and support, which will be a massive benefit to him and to us.

I thought Hutchinson was poor tbh. He did improve but that was after the game had gone and Theo and Kelman offered him some movement to work with.

In the first half he was second to the ball too often, he struggled to find options when Milligan would play it through the lines to him. I think often he was struggling with the pace of the game and this forced him to be quite cautious

However, his set pieces were good and he’s a talent, so fingers crossed he looks at the match video and works out where to improve. With Milligan in the midfield alongside him I’m sure he’ll be getting a lot of help and support, which will be a massive benefit to him and to us.
I think how Hutchinson did or did not play well is the least of our problems.

I must admit I found the match stats very interesting. I do take take them with a pinch of salt...but..... we ended up with 63% possession! It just shows that we didn't press forward enough with the ball. Apparently we had 18 shots (I really don't remember that many) with 4 on target. Blackpool just the 8 shots with 3 on target. Problem was every time they had the ball they moved it with pace and went forwards. As Simon Cox said post match it felt like last season and I would have to agree it did. We so desperately need to bolster our midfield options and we need more pace to compliment Ndukwu.

Maybe. I was just following up on a discussion that’s taken up the last page or two. Not sure why you’re keen to shut down other people from posting their opinion.

He isn’t, from what I can see in his post. He’s just briefly offered an alternative view.

Back