• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 3 Eastleigh

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
****ing awful.

Blondy can **** off. Don’t care about his great shot stopping 20% of the time, he’s pony. A ****ing wheelie bin stuck between the sticks would be just as effective.

No flow, no rhythm, no ****ing hope.

Eastleigh’s number 14 was a mega****, and he’ll tell his grandkids kids about this result. A sad reminder of how absolutely dog **** these ****s are at this level.

Ref was toilet, but who cares, we didn’t deserve anything from him. Prick.

****ing **** afternoon.

It's just all a bit **** at the moment isn't both on and off the pitch. I'm slowly losing any more fecks to give and that's making me feel terrible.

Absolutely poor.

I cannot wait to see the back of Blondy’s head, one of the worst keepers in our shirt I’ve seen, at fault for two goals easily and nowhere to be seen for the other. Husin MOTM? Think he was the worst of the 3 midfielders.

Playoffs feels unlikely seeing performances like that.

Think Powell ate too much birthday cake.

Bridge wasn’t on form.

Blondy made a great save in the first half. Should’ve done better for their goals but I’d like to see them again before calling for his head.

Kensdale was excellent some great balls.

Need a real shake up of the line up. GSM and Hobbo must start as with Murphy.

Funny how we get nothing by constantly going down the wing, as soon as Murphy comes on ball over the top in the middle and we end up scoring.

Ref was ****e! Completely lost the game! Eastleigh didn’t deserve that score line. A big side and we struggled against them.

****ing awful.

Blondy can **** off. Don’t care about his great shot stopping 20% of the time, he’s pony. A ****ing wheelie bin stuck between the sticks would be just as effective.

No flow, no rhythm, no ****ing hope.

Eastleigh’s number 14 was a mega****, and he’ll tell his grandkids kids about this result. A sad reminder of how absolutely dog **** these ****s are at this level.

Ref was toilet, but who cares, we didn’t deserve anything from him. Prick.

****ing **** afternoon.
Stop hedging!
Say what you mean, GBJ... 😉

We are too lightweight, nice tippy tappy football won’t work at this level, most of these teams are like super fit pub sides, big, aggressive spoilers, ugly to watch but difficult to beat. We need a re-think if we are to get out of this hell hole of a league!!

Think Powell ate too much birthday cake.

Bridge wasn’t on form.

Blondy made a great save in the first half. Should’ve done better for their goals but I’d like to see them again before calling for his head.

Kensdale was excellent some great balls.

Need a real shake up of the line up. GSM and Hobbo must start as with Murphy.

Funny how we get nothing by constantly going down the wing, as soon as Murphy comes on ball over the top in the middle and we end up scoring.

Ref was ****e! Completely lost the game! Eastleigh didn’t deserve that score line. A big side and we struggled against them.
He also made a great save in the 2nsd half too -just 2 minutes before his 2nd slip up. :Cry:

Pure, unadulterated dog ****.

Had the feeling of off-the-pitch issues starting to grind them down. Just didn't seem to be at the races and they wanted it more until they scored their second and we decided to up the tempo a bit.

Despite admirable desire, Eastleigh are the poorest team I've seen us lose to since our relegation from the EFL. The playacting, diving, timewasting from the minute they scored was a joke, and the 'keeper faking an injury so Bradbury could give a team talk was painful. Desperately wanted Kev to just chin the **** on the touchline to be honest. Add to that one of the poorest display from officials you're likely to see and some truly unbelievable decisions, and it felt like everything was against us.

That being said, we didn't deserve anything. We totally lacked any guile, inventiveness and quality in the final third.

Spare me any calls about Blondy occasionally making a decent save. That's his bread and butter. In every other aspect of his game, he is consistently costing us and he's cost us 2 goals today. If we do still need a loan 'keeper, does it have to be him? Or can we send him packing and get someone else in? Failing that, would giving Fin Purcell a go really yield worst results than playing Blondy is at the moment?

I also think Ralph is due dropping. I don't know whether it's some attempt to keep him happy, but shoehorning him at any cost is driving me mad. Bridge is a better option at LWB and Lopata, Kensdale, Hobson are all better options at CB. "Balance" with a left-footer is a myth in this particular situation because both Kensdale and Lomas have proven that they're perfectly comfortable in the left-sided CB role. He just looks like he has some mistakes in him, he's cost us a goal or two with them since coming back into the team and he's cost us another one today.

Is Husin offering anything? Why not give Fonguck a go today, even if coming on as a sub. Some of Bridge's best form has come with Fonguck on the left side of CM, pushing up and supporting him down the left flank. That's not to mention his driving runs into the final third, which was another staple of our long unbeaten run.

Just feels like ever since that loss up at Gateshead in November to end the winning run, the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater with regards to team selection. Go back to what was working so well during that long run. Kensdale, Lopata and Hobbo at CB, Fonguck instead of Husin in CM.

Don't know the solution up front. Powell doesn't seem the same player with Cardwell next to him. Cardwell is bagging some goals but we go high and long more often with him on the pitch and it doesn't play to Powell's strengths. Powell playing off the shoulder of the last defender and sprinting onto balls forward seems to be out the window with Cardwell in the team, so that needs some thinking about.

Last edited:
We are too lightweight, nice tippy tappy football won’t work at this level, most of these teams are like super fit pub sides, big, aggressive spoilers, ugly to watch but difficult to beat. We need a re-think if we are to get out of this hell hole of a league!!
The pitch is also going to be a problem with all the re-arranged fitures coming up thick and fast.I'be be suprised if at least one of our upcoming games isn't postponed.

...I also think Ralph is due dropping. I don't know whether it's some attempt to keep him happy, but shoehorning him at any cost is driving me mad....
Believe his win % in the team is awful too if I recall. Totally agree with all your points be especially this, his time has gone.

Hobson, Lopata and Kensdale should be first choice, Lomas when needed and Ralph 3rd choice.

Back