• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quite easily - because he didn't commit a foul? :stunned:

I still can't work out what Coker was doing, was he trying to clear it or head it to Oxley?

I think the cross got at least one, if not two slight deflections. Only needs to change the trajectory of the ball by a few inches and Coker wasn’t quick enough to adjust.

I was in the East Blacks, level with the cross, and it didn't appear to take any deflection for me.

I think Cokes was aware that the fella he was tracking was right behind him, so had to get something on the header. If anything, he looked like he was trying to get enough elevation on it to head it over the bar for a corner.

I still can't work out what Coker was doing, was he trying to clear it or head it to Oxley?

I think the cross got at least one, if not two slight deflections. Only needs to change the trajectory of the ball by a few inches and Coker wasn’t quick enough to adjust.

I was in the East Blacks, level with the cross, and it didn't appear to take any deflection for me.

I think Cokes was aware that the fella he was tracking was right behind him, so had to get something on the header. If anything, he looked like he was trying to get enough elevation on it to head it over the bar for a corner.
From the south upper behind the goal it didn't look like there was a deflection either.

Looked like Coker was caught in two minds as he was racing back then saw the man behind and couldn't quite decide how to position himself in time and so couldn't get the elevation on it when he made contact to head over the bar.

Exactly how I saw it 'manor'.

He races back and then stops to steady himself as the cross comes in, so is slightly on the wrong foot as the cross comes in and tries to get enough of a header on it to elevate it over the goal.

From the south upper behind the goal it didn't look like there was a deflection either.

Looked like Coker was caught in two minds as he was racing back then saw the man behind and couldn't quite decide how to position himself in time and so couldn't get the elevation on it when he made contact to head over the bar.

Pretty much what Paul Clark said....

Coker thought the guy was gonna head it straight in the back of the net, when he missed the header, he was as just as surprised as the striker, and it was one of those micro second re-actions.

So was I - I thought it did get a tiny deflection.

Well my eyes must be failing me. Surely their No. 9 heads the ball on for Coker to plant in the top corner? A cracking goal, as was the Shrews' second.

Well my eyes must be failing me. Surely their No. 9 heads the ball on for Coker to plant in the top corner? A cracking goal, as was the Shrews' second.

Yeah, can clearly see the change of pace and direction of the ball after it hits the No. 9 before it gets to Coker.

Yeah, can clearly see the change of pace and direction of the ball after it hits the No. 9 before it gets to Coker.

Looks like it did to me too, also look at the mud that flies up when Demetriou slips! Shrewsbury were doing a pre-match warmup routine on that side and it really cut up the turf.

It's not even that good. How has it been allowed to go that way?

How many more times do we have to go into this? It's not been "allowed" to go that way, they have tried and spent a great deal of money trying to rectify things but, as we're now no longer in the growing season, nothing more can be done.

Back