• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Great performance, took our foot off the gas in the second half possibly with an eye on Monday and really it could have been 3 or 4 but in the end 2-0 was probably a fair result though they were pretty dire. First half we played some fantastic stuff, imagining adding Worrall into that and we really could be doing better than we are, but the second half just goes to show. However, there have been so many games which have been very similar to that and ended up 0-0 so it's a great and needed win, especially with Barry keeping up his top form and Dan continuing his fine run at home.

Bentley 7 Not too much to do really, another home clean sheet
White 7 Good performance, dragged out a few times but solid
Thompson 6.5 Barely had a chance, fingers crossed the injury isn't too bad
Barrett 8.5 MOTM Superb, gave his all, fantastic tackles, ran forward and seemed determined to score which was the only thing he didn't do
Coker 7.5 Got forward well and as usual solid at the back
Atkinson 7.5 Kept the ball moving well and glad to see him on the scoresheet, worked hard as always but lacked the final ball
Leonard 8 Best I've seen of him since last season and much more like the Lenny of old
Timlin 7.5 Usual commanding self in the middle and dictated play
McLaughlin 7.5 Not what I expected, more of a cut in and have a go type winger than say Worrall, but looked threatening though could have done with tracking back more
Piggot 7 Tough game and got lumps kicked out of him for 90 minutes, still created a few chances
Corr 7.5 Battled hard, good goal, could have had another, saved himself for Monday towards the end

Subs
Bolger 6.5 Best I've seen of him, though still some moments with bizarre clearances and reactions 10 seconds late
Cassidy 6.5 Worked hard but few chances after he came on through no fault of his own
Weston N/A Not on long enough

Good performance and good result. Couldn't help but feel that this could have been 3/4-0 and given us a big boost going in to the final run-in, but that's just being picky. Keep up performances like that and we should do well, providing we can produce in the big games against far better teams.

Great performance, took our foot off the gas in the second half possibly with an eye on Monday and really it could have been 3 or 4 but in the end 2-0 was probably a fair result though they were pretty dire. First half we played some fantastic stuff, imagining adding Worrall into that and we really could be doing better than we are, but the second half just goes to show. However, there have been so many games which have been very similar to that and ended up 0-0 so it's a great and needed win, especially with Barry keeping up his top form and Dan continuing his fine run at home.

Bentley 7 Not too much to do really, another home clean sheet
White 7 Good performance, dragged out a few times but solid
Thompson 6.5 Barely had a chance, fingers crossed the injury isn't too bad
Barrett 8.5 MOTM Superb, gave his all, fantastic tackles, ran forward and seemed determined to score which was the only thing he didn't do
Coker 7.5 Got forward well and as usual solid at the back
Atkinson 7.5 Kept the ball moving well and glad to see him on the scoresheet, worked hard as always but lacked the final ball
Leonard 8 Best I've seen of him since last season and much more like the Lenny of old
Timlin 7.5 Usual commanding self in the middle and dictated play
McLaughlin 7.5 Not what I expected, more of a cut in and have a go type winger than say Worrall, but looked threatening though could have done with tracking back more
Piggot 7 Tough game and got lumps kicked out of him for 90 minutes, still created a few chances
Corr 7.5 Battled hard, good goal, could have had another, saved himself for Monday towards the end

Subs
Bolger 6.5 Best I've seen of him, though still some moments with bizarre clearances and reactions 10 seconds late
Cassidy 6.5 Worked hard but few chances after he came on through no fault of his own
Weston N/A Not on long enough

Good performance and good result. Couldn't help but feel that this could have been 3/4-0 and given us a big boost going in to the final run-in, but that's just being picky. Keep up performances like that and we should do well, providing we can produce in the big games against far better teams.
I agree with pretty much all of this, apart from I personally feel Coker is not as menacing going forward in recent weeks as he has been. Where have all the step overs/Cruyff turns gone? I think I'm being harsh here but he has set such high standards.

Adam Barrett made every single header and was immense...even made some runs forward!

Overall good day at the office.

A limp second half after a great first half but we certainly needed AB today he stopped Mansfield getting back into it three or four times in the second half. Everyone a seven with AB and Corr an eight.

Bentley, 6 - did everything expected of him but wasn't threatened too much.
White, 6 - solid performance that we've come to expect from him.
Bolger, 7 - best I've seen him play. One dodgy moment trying to put the ball out of play, but he won a fair bit in the air and looked useful.
Barrett, 8, MOTM - blinding performance from him today. Solid defensively and great going forward. Some of his passing was different class.
Coker, 6 - good going forward and good going back. Solid performance.
Atkinson, 7 - another workhorse display and was great to see him get on the scoresheet again. Well deserved.
Leonard, 6 - some very good and some not so good. Overall he was okay but his shooting is very hit and miss.
Timlin, 7.5 - ran the show today in midfield. His assist for the first was unbelievably good and got some very important blocks and tackles in.
McLaughlin, 5 - sorry but not for me. Really wasn't impressed at all. Don't know if he's lacking a huge amount of match fitness/sharpness, but he was largely absent and his dribbling and first touch was very clumsy.
Pigott, 6 - did alright but needs to work better with Barry. He was trying to head things on when he was the furthest up the pitch. Led the line well though.
Corr, 7 - was a hard fought game for Barry as I feel they might have had his card marked. Cracking finish, won a lot in the air and did well to keep his cool with various Mansfield players trying their best to wind him up.

Thompson, 6 - not really on the pitch long enough to justify any other rating.

Subs:

Cassidy, 6 - wasn't awful, but still looks a long way off scoring. Think the hernia injury might be constantly in the back of his mind as he didn't look confident.
Weston, N/A - don't think he touched the ball but he was only on for a few minutes.

Great to see us score a few at home and we were good value for it. Hopefully what we needed to start our last chance saloon automatic promotion push!

Agree with most of this. Barrett was great today.

I thought Atkinson had a very good game too and a contender for MOM. Very positive, beat some players today and really ran at people and nice to see him score a goal. Should definitely be happy with his performance today.

Also was happy to see Bolger do well. His confidence must be quite low and I was willing him to do well when he came on (as were all the people around me) and I think he did just that and we need to get behind him as he may be in the team for a while.

On a slightly odd end note I thought the ref was great today. It wasn't the most difficult game to referee and he could have played an advantage or two but overall hardly noticed him and the game flowed well.

8 goals in 9 , scores and gets a marked as our worst player with a 6 ?

What does the guy have to do to get appreciated by some?

Absolutely. Mind you, with the advent of the internet so many see themselves as a pundit or an expert now.

I could not go today but this part always makes me laugh when posters sit down to give their marks or summing up of a players performance and I usually just shake my head and wonder if they actually witnessed same game as myself?

Seems people let their prejudices against certain players blind them and do not want to give credit where it is due. Oh well, you can never please everyone I suppose. :nope:

Nobody had a bad game today, but it really pleased me to see Barratt have the class game that he did have. It would probably be picky to say that we should have scored more but with Monday and the Monkey Hangers looming, better to keep some in reserve.

Wasn't sure what to expect with Barrett after his last appearance a few weeks ago but he really stood out today. He rolled back the years with a quality performance, even pushing Timlin out the way to make a forward run. The only downside to his runs is the time it takes to get back to the CB berth.

Quote from their manager (hmmm):-

"We matched them for large parts, but we got punished for little errors like we have done for the majority of the season."

Agree with most that Corr and Barrett stood out. Barry's second half chance was right in front of me but it wasn't as easy as some are making out. Great finish for his goal. Timlin gave the ball away a few times but I'd be surprised if there's any League Two midfielder as good as him off the ball.

Barrett for me was the outstanding performer in a team that rarely got out of second gear. Apart from the pass for the first goal, and what a pass it was, Timlin was wasteful in possession although he did improve as the game went on. Not sure about Bolger - he struggled with their number 25 as soon as he came on. He probably needs a few games. I liked McLaughlin. He made a number of clever runs and was prepared to battle back when he lost possession. Returning to Barrett he looked the player of old, particularly his runs forward. At one point he assumed the role of left winger with agree a great turn and cross. Nice little cameo from Cassidy at the end. Could get a start in front of Pigott?

Their pace caused us a few problems second half. Who was that pie eater that came on up top for them? Typical league 2 striker!

Barrett rolled back the years. Certainly food for thought for those who thought he was past it.

I foresee an 88th-minute 1-0 headed winner from his bald pate at Wembley to seal promotion back into League One.... :winking:

Back